Melbourne Football

Player Contracts - 2018-19

forbze

Here's all the contract details for the players who are still at the club - or we are unsure about.<p>1 Clint Bolton (End of 2012/13) http://socceranchor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3905:melbourne-heart-sign-youngsters-to-new-deals&catid=58:latest-news&Itemid=169"]Source

4 Simon Colosimo (End of 2012/13)

5 Fred (End of 2012/13)

6 Matt Thompson (End of 2012/13)

8 Jonatan Germano (End of 2012/13)

9 Eli Babalj (End of 2012/13) http://socceranchor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3905:melbourne-heart-sign-youngsters-to-new-deals&catid=58:latest-news&Itemid=169"]Source

12 Jason Hoffman (End of 2012/13) [url="

Edited by jw1739
Colour coded dates for clarity
  • Like 2

It’s the leaving blank of the 7 ad 14 free that has thrown me...

(Esp as these players have departed)

Baby to Nine: Well this make complete sense.

Germano to Eight: CM makes sense.

Aziz to Eleven: Well he probably will play as LW more so this even makes sense.

Duga to Seventeen: Does anyone know if he has preferred this number elsewhere in the past?

(It was was Hoffman's number)

And Hoff to 12: Was this number not retired?

Anyway they probably are not squad numbers - but I am bored so whatever...

• Like 1

And Hoff to 12: Was this number not retired?

Yes, it certainly was. It's now the 'fans number' - even required special permission from the FFA. It was the 'announcement that was bigger than the signing of Harry Kewell' according to Scott Munn. Wonder what he's on sometimes.

• Like 3

If he was still with us how would you phrase the sentence?

What you were looking for is "would of have been"

No.

For a start:

'of' is a preposition.

'have' is a verb.

'Would of' is a false construction of the utterance 'would have'. This grammatical interchange when penned stems from the contraction "would've" when verbally articulated due to aural confusion of the suffix. The 've' in "Would've", in most native English speaking accents lends itself to a phonetic cognate with 'of' hence why the utterance it is often confused when articulated in the written form.

In short, people think they are hearing 'would of' when they are really hearing "would've" thus they write would of.

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 2

Here's all the contract details for the players who are still at the club - or we are unsure about.

3 Brendan Hamill (End of 2012/2013)

9 Eli Babalj (End of 2012/2013)

11 Aziz Behich (End of 2012/2013)

13 Curtis Good (End of 2012/2013)

17 Mate Dugandžić (End of 2012/2013)

The signing of the above on contract extensions is of paramount importance imo.

With Fred and Simon being gone that will cover the inevitable, though warranted pay raise they will all demand.

Be sickening to lose possibly 3 blue chips and a couple of speccys for nothing, could really make or break the joint.

TBH I dont want Grella and its not because I dont like him as a guy or respect him a lot as a player.

I am sick of living day by day, minute by minute hoping that Fred has not broken down throughout the Season and I cant help but feel it will be the exact same situation with Grella.

Would prefer to have the second striker (As in the Greek chap) - As lets face it if Eli was having a bad day we had no real other option to play CF.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

TBH I dont want Grella and its not because I dont like him as a guy or respect him a lot as a player.

I am sick of living day by day, minute by minute hoping that Fred has not broken down throughout the Season and I cant help but feel it will be the exact same situation with Grella.

Would prefer to have the second striker (As in the Greek chap) - As lets face it if Eli was having a bad day we had no real other option to play CF.

If Charisteas came, I highly doubt he'd be our second in line.

Agreed on Grella though.

Edited by Ellki

• jw1739 unpinned this topic