Player Contracts - 2018-19

forbze

2015-16 SQUAD

Number           Name                           Contract until

Goalkeepers.
20                    Tando Velaphi            31/5/17

1                      Thomas Sorensen (V)31/5/17

Defenders.
4                      Connor Chapman        31/5/16.
24                    Patrick Kisnorbo        31/5/16.
22                    Jack Clisby                  31/5/16.
5                      Ivan Franjic                31/5/18.

3                      Aaron Hughes (V)      31/5/16.

11                    Michael Zullo              31/5/16.

27                    Callum Richardson    ---------- Short-term contract.

Midfielders.
21                    Stefan Mauk                 31/5/16.
19                    Ben Garuccio               31/5/17.
6                      Erik Paartalu                31/5/18.
8                      Aaron Mooy (M)          31/5/18.
10                    Robi Koren (V, M)        31/5/16.
25                    Jacob Melling               31/5/16.
18                    Paulo Retre                 31/5/16.

16                    Jason Trifiro               31/5/16.

Forwards.
15                    David Williams              31/5/16.
14                    James Brown                31/5/16.
26                    Marc Marino                  31/5/16.
28                    Steve Kuzmanovski    31/5/17.

7                      Corey Gameiro            31/5/17.
9                      Harry Novillo (V)          31/5/17.

17                    Wade Dekker                31/5/16.

23                    Bruno Fornaroli (V)      31/5/17.

30                    Hernan Espindola        ---------- Short term contract. Injury replacement for James Brown.

Total number of players above: 27

As of 27th September 2015 after short-term signings of Espindola and Richardson.

• Like 1

2015-16 SQUAD

Goalkeepers.
20                    Tando Velaphi            31/5/17

1                      Thomas Sorensen (V)31/5/17

Defenders.
4                      Connor Chapman        31/5/16.
24                    Patrick Kisnorbo        31/5/16.
22                    Jack Clisby                  31/5/16.
5                      Ivan Franjic                31/5/18.

3                      Aaron Hughes (V)      31/5/16.

11                    Michael Zullo              31/5/16.

27                    Callum Richardson    ---------- Short-term contract.

Midfielders.
21                    Stefan Mauk                 31/5/16.
8                      Aaron Mooy (M)          31/5/18.
25                    Jacob Melling               31/5/16.
18                    Paulo Retre                 31/5/16.

16                    Jason Trifiro               31/5/16.

Forwards.
28                    Steve Kuzmanovski    31/5/17.

7                      Corey Gameiro            31/5/17.
9                      Harry Novillo (V)          31/5/17.

17                    Wade Dekker                31/5/16.

23                    Bruno Fornaroli (V)      31/5/17.

30                    Hernan Espindola        ---------- Short term contract. Injury replacement for James Brown.

Total number of players above: 27

As of 27th September 2015 after short-term signings of Espindola and Richardson.

Why does Espindola need to be moved to the A League squad. Surely, if he is an NYL player, he can remain in that squad and be used if required in the 1st team.

Why does Espindola need to be moved to the A League squad. Surely, if he is an NYL player, he can remain in that squad and be used if required in the 1st team.

He doesn't. At a guess I'd say it's more that we are rewarding and recognising him for what we think he's worth and making him a full-time professional for the period of the contract. NYL players are paid bugger-all by their clubs and have to make a living somehow outside football.

• Like 1

He doesn't. At a guess I'd say it's more that we are rewarding and recognising him for what we think he's worth and making him a full-time professional for the period of the contract. NYL players are paid bugger-all by their clubs and have to make a living somehow outside football.

Nailed it.

Oh I see...thanks for clearing that up JW

• 3 months later...

Tuesday, 5 January 2016 -

Melbourne City FC can announce Australian quartet Paulo Retre, Jack Clisby, Connor Chapman and Jacob Melling have signed new Hyundai A-League deals.

The new contracts will see Retre, Melling and Clisby – who are among the A-League’s emerging young talents – commit to the Club until the end of the 2017/18 season..

Also regarded as one of the A-League’s best young defensive talents, Chapman, 21, has signed a three-year deal which will see him contracted with City until the 2018/19 season.

Chapman made his 50th Hyundai A-League appearance this campaign and has been a mainstay in City’s defence, making 26 appearances for John van’t Schip’s side in his two seasons with the Club.

Melling, 20, had a breakout campaign last season in the heart of City’s midfield, emerging as an energetic, robust and talented central defensive midfielder with the ability to contribute well to the team’s attack.

He has also demonstrated his versatility to cover in the centre of City’s defence, having featured alongside Chapman this season.

Retre, 22, has also demonstrated his versatility across the defence and in midfield, having played as a right-back and central midfielder across 12 appearances this season, while Clisby, 23, has impressed since joining the Club in January 2014, making 22 appearances in City’s defence.

Head Coach John van’t Schip said: “Connor, Jack, Paulo and Jacob have been an important part of the first team during the past two seasons, and their new deals are evidence of how key they have become to the senior squad.

“They are some of the A-League’s emerging young talents and we are delighted with their continued commitment to Melbourne City.”

Melbourne City FC’s Head of Talent Management, Michael Petrillo, said: “We’re pleased to have secured these four young talented players with the Club and believe they are players who have a very promising future in the Australian game.

“Melbourne City have made an ongoing commitment to developing young Australian talent, and these players show how exciting the home-grown talent is in this country.”

Good signings

• Like 2

So, updating with the above information:

2015-16 SQUAD

Goalkeepers.
20                    Dean Bouzanis          31/5/16
1                      Thomas Sorensen (V) 31/5/17

Defenders.
4                      Connor Chapman        31/5/19.

24                    Patrick Kisnorbo          31/5/16.
22                    Jack Clisby                  31/5/18.

5                      Ivan Franjic                  31/5/18.
3                      Aaron Hughes (V)        31/5/16

11                    Michael Zullo                31/5/16

27                    Callum Richardson       Short-term (??)

Midfielders.
21                    Stefan Mauk                 31/5/16.
8                      Aaron Mooy (M)           31/5/18.
25                    Jacob Melling               31/5/18.

18                    Paulo Retre                  31/5/18.

16                    Jason Trifiro                 31/5/16.

Forwards.

28                    Steve Kuzmanovski      31/5/17.

7                      Corey Gameiro              31/5/17.

9                      Harry Novillo (V)            31/5/17.

17                    Wade Dekker                31/5/16.

23                    Bruno Fornaroli (V)        31/5/17.

30                    Hernan Espindola          Short-term injury replacement for James Brown

Total number of players above: 26

As of 6th January 2016 after release of Tando Velaphi and signing of Dean Bouzanis

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, raw10 said:

Good to know that Retre, Melling, Chapman and Clisby has committed to the club till end of 17/18 season

I agree. As a long-time supporter of Jack Clisby I'm one who's really pleased for him.

It's actually a fairly big commitment by the club. There's not that many players who are slated for departure at the end of this current season. Means that we're going to need to sign some real quality in due course.

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I would like to congratulate myself about my extremely good "green line" work in regards to Paulo Retre.

(more seriously well done Paulo and the club)

footnote;

Retre impressed me in his 3 games under Aloisi and a youth appearance that year. Not surprised he has come on. 

Never really impressed me until he nutmegged Yaya Toure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I would like to congratulate myself about my extremely good "green line" work in regards to Paulo Retre.

(more seriously well done Paulo and the club)

footnote;

Retre impressed me in his 3 games under Aloisi and a youth appearance that year. Not surprised he has come on. 

I'd like to take credit for Retres development. It was my harsh criticism that has driven him to great success.

• Like 1

4 talented and switched on young players. Excellent re-signings all of them.

Perhaps one thing distinguishing these players from Mauk (who IMO will probably deserve to be re-signed for next season) is that these 4 have performed this season and last season, as was noted in the announcement: "Connor, Jack, Paulo and Jacob have been an important part of the first team during the past two seasons, and their new deals are evidence of how key they have become to the senior squad."

I reckon Mauk will get a deserved new contract towards the end of the season after continuing to perform for the remainder of the season.

• Like 1

2015-16 SQUAD

Goalkeepers.
20                    Dean Bouzanis            31/5/16

1                      Thomas Sorensen (V) 31/5/17

Defenders.
4                      Connor Chapman        31/5/19.

24                    Patrick Kisnorbo          31/5/16.
22                    Jack Clisby                  31/5/18.

5                      Ivan Franjic                  31/5/18.
3                      Aaron Hughes (V)        31/5/16.

11                    Michael Zullo                31/5/16.

33                    Osama Malik                31/5/18.
2                      Alex Wilkinson           31/5/16.

Midfielders.
8                      Aaron Mooy (M)           31/5/18.
25                    Jacob Melling               31/5/18.

18                    Paulo Retre                  31/5/18.

16                    Jason Trifiro                 31/5/16.
29                    Anthony Caceres         31/5/16  on loan from Manchester City.

Forwards.

28                    Steve Kuzmanovski      31/5/17.

7                      Corey Gameiro              31/5/17.

9                      Harry Novillo (V)            31/5/17.

17                    Wade Dekker                31/5/16.

23                    Bruno Fornaroli (V)        31/5/17..
27                    Nick Fitzgerald               31/5/16.

Total number of players above: 24

Edited by jw1739
5th February after signing of Alex Wilkinson.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

I am new to this forum and signed up simply to bring a few things forward about player signings/contracts.

I have a friend who brought forward a proposal to John Didulica(football operations manager). He offered former Serbian international player Nenad Milijas to Melbourne City just a couple days ago but received no reply???

Nenad had spoken to other Serbian players in the a-league like Ninkovic and Dimitrijevic and they highly recommended he come. He was willing to come as a standard visa international player with wages of about $300k per season.

Last year in China he was on 1.5m euros and only got released because of the boom of players like Gervinho, Ramires etc arriving.

If you look him up you can see for yourself that he is much better then someone like Koren at this stage of their careers.

I am quietly confident that the only reason John has chosen not to reply is simply that he is Serbian!!!

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am Serbian but have absolutely no problem in us signing good Croatian players. I am simply bringing this issue forward as I think there might be a few RACIST staff members in MCFC and I'm not impressed......

Please don't let this be the start of nationalistic arguments and agendas!!!

Peace out

8 hours ago, Wonder_Boy said:

Hi all, 

I am new to this forum and signed up simply to bring a few things forward about player signings/contracts.

I have a friend who brought forward a proposal to John Didulica(football operations manager). He offered former Serbian international player Nenad Milijas to Melbourne City just a couple days ago but received no reply???

Nenad had spoken to other Serbian players in the a-league like Ninkovic and Dimitrijevic and they highly recommended he come. He was willing to come as a standard visa international player with wages of about $300k per season.

Last year in China he was on 1.5m euros and only got released because of the boom of players like Gervinho, Ramires etc arriving.

If you look him up you can see for yourself that he is much better then someone like Koren at this stage of their careers.

I am quietly confident that the only reason John has chosen not to reply is simply that he is Serbian!!!

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am Serbian but have absolutely no problem in us signing good Croatian players. I am simply bringing this issue forward as I think there might be a few RACIST staff members in MCFC and I'm not impressed......

Peace out

Where do I begin?

1. We of course signed Babalj and Vrankovic while JD was in his current role, where was the xenophobia then?

2. "a couple of days ago but received no reply", if he was going to reply, a couple of days isn't really that long he may be busy.

3. He is probably not interested, and if he isn't interested then I don't think it's unreasonable that he doesn't reply.

4. There is nothing wrong with him not being interested, you may think Nenad Milijas iwould be a good player for us but the club probably already have a new visa signing lined up to replace Koren and we might not be looking for a visa player for next season (if we are going to replace one of ours) yet. And even if they are, he might not be the right player.

3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Where do I begin?

1. We of course signed Babalj and Vrankovic while JD was in his current role, where was the xenophobia then?

2. "a couple of days ago but received no reply", if he was going to reply, a couple of days isn't really that long he may be busy.

3. He is probably not interested, and if he isn't interested then I don't think it's unreasonable that he doesn't reply.

4. There is nothing wrong with him not being interested, you may think Nenad Milijas iwould be a good player for us but the club probably already have a new visa signing lined up to replace Koren and we might not be looking for a visa player for next season (if we are going to replace one of ours) yet. And even if they are, he might not be the right player.

You fucking racist

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wonder_Boy said:

Hi all, 

Peace out

This is precisely why we don't have a cevapi stand at our games...

3 minutes ago, rass said:

This is precisely why we don't have a cevapi stand at our games...

No, the reason we don't have one is that it would be some anglo running it who'll probably cook them 'medium rare', put them in some sandwich bread from coles, and think that tomato sauce is the full extent of condiments needed to accompany the cevapi.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tesla said:

No, the reason we don't have one is that it would be some anglo running it who'll probably cook them 'medium rare', put them in some sandwich bread from coles, and think that tomato sauce is the full extent of condiments needed to accompany the cevapi.

I remember going to Vlado's years ago and having cevapi as an entree. If i recall correctly, it was accompanied by some horseradish. ...

Sigh, that's brought back memories....

27 minutes ago, Tesla said:

:tooth: 

The dissapointing part though is this is scarily so close to the truth. But don't worry about it if it did happen, I'd have a good chat to him if that was the case. 

Edited by n i k o

9 hours ago, Wonder_Boy said:

Hi all, 

Peace out

Is your friend by any chance Greek? And is he a construction worker?

8 hours ago, Tesla said:

Where do I begin?

1.  Both Babalj and Vrankovic came up from the youth team and are pretty much Aussies.

2. So it takes 5 days to reply to a simple text msg? Even if he were on holidays a serious offer like that should be replied to much sooner.

3. So you think it's appropriate not to reply to an offer in a professional manner even though he is football operations manager?

4. If Ninkovic and Dimitrijevic are top players in the A-League, Milijas is a class above them so how good would he be? He would come play out the season for 150k and we have a visa spot left, but I guess it's better to leave that spot empty.......

BTW Kranjcar and Klasnic are both out of contract, I am happy for us to sign one of them instead. But I don't see the current staff having the capability of signing players like that.........

And Tesla I can't see why you are so negative and shoot done people's ideas straight away, are you maybe John or related to him???

18 hours ago, Wonder_Boy said:

Hi all, 

Peace out

There is one big warning bell that is ringing right now with big flashing red lights. "I have a friend..." - unless your friend is a registered player manager why would any professional club talk to your friend? Presumably you are not aware of the large number of offers businesses get offered services with almost all ending up in the bin.

The second issue that you need to consider with MCFC is that they are part of the CFG and who have their own internal procedures and systems for contacting players and their managers. As part of being a member of CFG, they have quite a few scouts throughout the world and they would already have watched NM, they also have an assessment of the type player MCFC requires and they may have concluded that there is no fit.

Finally, JVS has already said that the club is done with recruiting for this window transfer. Whether this is because he genuinely believes this or whether the club is not prepared to spend additional monies we don't know.

As to whether the club responds or not, I cannot say but in my experience unsolicited contact is never responded to.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

There is one big warning bell that is ringing right now with big flashing red lights. "I have a friend..." - unless your friend is a registered player manager why would any professional club talk to your friend? Presumably you are not aware of the large number of offers businesses get offered services with almost all ending up in the bin.

The second issue that you need to consider with MCFC is that they are part of the CFG and who have their own internal procedures and systems for contacting players and their managers. As part of being a member of CFG, they have quite a few scouts throughout the world and they would already have watched NM, they also have an assessment of the type player MCFC requires and they may have concluded that there is no fit.

Finally, JVS has already said that the club is done with recruiting for this window transfer. Whether this is because he genuinely believes this or whether the club is not prepared to spend additional monies we don't know.

As to whether the club responds or not, I cannot say but in my experience unsolicited contact is never responded to.

Respect your post mate and you made some good points.

I won't dwell on this much more but I will just say he is pretty much the main foreigner involved in all these big transfers to China, i.e. Gervinho, Ramires and pretty much 90% of all Europeans to China!!!

6 minutes ago, Wonder_Boy said:

Respect your post mate and you made some good points.

I won't dwell on this much more but I will just say he is pretty much the main foreigner involved in all these big transfers to China, i.e. Gervinho, Ramires and pretty much 90% of all Europeans to China!!!

Can he get us a better coach then?

21 hours ago, Wonder_Boy said:

Hi all, 

Peace out

Pretty disappointed with this post. You make completely unsubstantiated allegations about a specific staff member at City and go on to make these allegations about "a few" others. You raise the specific allegation that this is an issue between people who are of two different heritages, and then go on to say that you don't wish to start of "nationalistic arguments and agendas." Pull your head in mate. As for "your friend" who hasn't had a reply to his unsolicited communication - football clubs can get up to 40 offers from player agents a week (source: JD himself) - so I doubt that any of them respond promptly to unsolicited e-mails, even if they do at all.

• jw1739 unpinned this topic