Melbourne Football

Player Contracts - 2018-19

forbze

• 2 weeks later...

Christian7?

Clint Bolton.

Friend spoke to him last night at a Melbourne Heart Corporate Function (Hoff & Bolton were the players there)

Asked Bolton 'How do you feel when you come up against quality strikers with such power and aggression etc. like Berisha'

to which Bolton replied 'I live for that sort of stuff. I fein off the competition and I want to go up against the best.' Apparently sounded pretty g'ed up.

Also gave props to Yarraside saying that he does get pumped when we chant for him and can definitely hear us during games.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How many senior players do we actually have signed for next season?

Seems we have lost a lot but yet to replenish half our stock. Victory seam to sign someone every five seconds, yet fore us it seams our announcements are few and far between.

Even Adelaide have 20 players signed. Mind you after releasing one today they would have had 21 from a possible 22.

Give us transfer confirmations please. It's less than 80 days to the start of the season. Surely 80 days is not enough to bring players in and teach them the heart playing style.

Seems like someone may be sleeping at the wheel.

As of today 11th July senior squad is:

Clint Bolton

Andrew Remayne

Michael Marrone

Brendan Hamill

Aziz Behich

Jason Hoffman

Simon Colosimo

Matt Thompson

Jonaton Germano

Fred

David Williams

Nick Kalmar

Mate Dugandzic

Curtis Good

Patrick Gerhardt

Steven Gray

Golgol Mebrahtu

That is 17 players. We have said that we will go into the season with 20-21 players (leaving room for additions during the season), meaning there are 3-4 still to sign before the start of the season. AFAIK each A-League club must have a minimum of 20 designated players in the senior squad.

There are rumours surrounding possible transfers of Curtis Good and Brendan Hamill, but at the present time they are Heart players.

Would just like to thank jw1739 for saving me the hassle of a simple Wiki search, cheers mate.

Staying on top of all 3 new signings has been tough... B)

since when did the real christian ever use smilies?

I think it's clear who the real imposter is

Edited by Christian9

• 2 weeks later...

Just updating where we are for 2012-13...as of today 25th July senior squad is:

Clint Bolton

Andrew Redmayne

Michael Marrone

Aziz Behich

Jason Hoffman

Simon Colosimo

Matt Thompson

Jonaton Germano

Fred

David Williams

Nick Kalmar

Mate Dugandzic

Patrick Gerhardt

Steven Gray

Golgol Mebrahtu

Josip Tadic

Dylan Macallister

David Vrankovic

That is 18 players. We have said that we will go into the season with 20-21 players (leaving room for additions during the season), meaning there are 2-3 still to sign before the start of the season. AFAIK each A-League club must have a minimum of 20 designated players in the senior squad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought we should be looking ahead.

AFAIK the following are the players we have contracted for next season. All for one year.

Redmayne

Behich

Marrone

Vrankovic

Mauk

Gerhardt

Williams

Mebrahtu

Macallister

Garuccio

That's ten players. Thoughts on suitable additions? Seems we have plenty of room to promote several of our Young Hearts, and get some decent overseas talent.

• Like 1

AFAIK the following are the players we have contracted for next season. All for one year.

Redmayne

Behich

Marrone

Vrankovic

Mauk

Gerhardt

Williams

Mebrahtu

Macallister

Garuccio

That's ten players. Thoughts on suitable additions? Seems we have plenty of room to promote several of our Young Hearts, and get some decent overseas talent.

good base of players to build from, have a feeling behich will go overseas at the end of this season though

I'd probably re-sign Germano, Garcia and Tadic from the players coming off contract, but that's about it tbh

• Like 1

Redmayne

Behich

Marrone

Vrankovic

Mauk

Gerhardt

Williams

Mebrahtu

Macallister

Garuccio

good base of players to build from, have a feeling behich will go overseas at the end of this season though

I'd probably re-sign Germano, Garcia and Tadic from the players coming off contract, but that's about it tbh

Since I wrote that we appear to have added Cameron Edwards for next season, although no announcement from the club.

I would certainly re-sign Garcia, because I fancy him as captain. And I would like to see us sign Mitchinson and J. Walker to senior contracts before they are tempted away by more money.

TBH I'm uncertain about Germano and Tadic.

Edited by jw1739

Redmayne

Behich

Marrone

Vrankovic

Mauk

Gerhardt

Williams

Mebrahtu

Macallister

Garuccio

Add Edwards to that list. Very young, I like it. Add Garcia as captain hopefully. Need another keeper to be added to the squad, probably a number two unless someone great was to become available that we couldn't turn down.

Need a Madaschi type added to the squad, that would be a priority. A proper Visa player here would come in handy.

Also don't see Macallister lasting another year, his body looks to be struggling with the demands, wouldn't be surprised to see a mutual ending of contract there.

So another striker, someone who could play across the front three and excite the crowd would be good. Look to lower levels of England, always a fan of Billy Sharp, I think he comes out of contract at the end of the season. Wanted by Forest but you never know, had a tragedy in his life, a change of lifestyle in Melbourne for his young family could be what he needs.

Scott Macdonald? Would he be a type people want? Also that midfielder from Bristol City Neil Kilkenny? Just throwing names around here.

What are the chances of targeting these types?

IMO tadic and macallister are basically the same type of players.... Although tadic is faster, more agile, fitter and 10 times better.

With this we need another terra, like we have seen recently rojas and archie are tearing shit up and it hurts me while im watching it.

tadic with someone like a terra would be ideal IMO

Redmayne

Behich

Marrone

Vrankovic

Mauk

Gerhardt

Williams

Mebrahtu

Macallister

Garuccio

Add Edwards to that list. Very young, I like it. Add Garcia as captain hopefully. Need another keeper to be added to the squad, probably a number two unless someone great was to become available that we couldn't turn down.

Need a Madaschi type added to the squad, that would be a priority. A proper Visa player here would come in handy.

Also don't see Macallister lasting another year, his body looks to be struggling with the demands, wouldn't be surprised to see a mutual ending of contract there.

So another striker, someone who could play across the front three and excite the crowd would be good. Look to lower levels of England, always a fan of Billy Sharp, I think he comes out of contract at the end of the season. Wanted by Forest but you never know, had a tragedy in his life, a change of lifestyle in Melbourne for his young family could be what he needs.

Scott Macdonald? Would he be a type people want? Also that midfielder from Bristol City Neil Kilkenny? Just throwing names around here.

Really another cb ? i woulda thought we'd need another AM to replace Fred who's been well below par this season

Redmayne

Behich

Marrone

Vrankovic

Mauk

Gerhardt

Williams

Mebrahtu

Macallister

Garuccio

Really another cb ? i woulda thought we'd need another AM to replace Fred who's been well below par this season

Gray is not good enough. Gerhardt's best position is DM so effectively he is cover, although his performances have been top class, do you want another season of Colosimo guaranteed a game? I don't even want him in the squad. Vranks has potential and should be given a chance but I think we desperately need a dominant CB in our squad.

An exciting AM to replace Fred is also needed. Someone who excites the crowd and brings in people. We can dream.

Plenty of holes in our squad but a solid base.

• jw1739 unpinned this topic