Melbourne Football

Hip Hop & Grime

Tesla

The problem lies in that you blokes can't seem to fathom that one person can like popular/mainstream rappers like Drake, as well as underground rappers, as well as old school rappers, as well as whatever other category of rapper you want to create, etc.

Honestly, don't really understand how anyone can stick to just one style, it gets boring. Like 5-6 years ago all I listened to was underground shit, and these days I really can't listen to a lot of that as it became the most repetitive shit always about "we're better than these mainstream cunts but no one listens to us", conspiracy theories, politics, etc. Just like listening to rappers talk about money/bitches/cars/etc in every song can get repetitive.

I think sheepdog, and maybe you as well yelawolf, honestly think only teenage girls listen to Drake, which is not at all the case. Plenty of real fucking hip hop fans like Drake. He does have mainstream appeal, but he also has a huge fanbase in the hip hop community. Especially these days, the vast majority of his songs are him rapping rather than signing. I think there was only one rnb song on his last album, the rest were rap.

He has bars, he has pretty much perfected flow as he can basically make anything flow, always has great beats, makes songs about things people want to listen to, and most of the time keeps it fucking real.

Yes, he is a bit of a faggot, and does deserve to cop shit for a lot of things, but he can rap.

I'm a big fan of Drake's, but probably not as much as you guys would think from my posts, it's just his been relevant for quite a while now whereas some other rappers I'm also a big fan of haven't been doing anything so there's nothing to post about.

• Like 1

The problem lies in that you blokes can't seem to fathom that one person can like popular/mainstream rappers like Drake, as well as underground rappers, as well as old school rappers, as well as whatever other category of rapper you want to create, etc.

Honestly, don't really understand how anyone can stick to just one style, it gets boring. Like 5-6 years ago all I listened to was underground shit, and these days I really can't listen to a lot of that as it became the most repetitive shit always about "we're better than these mainstream cunts but no one listens to us", conspiracy theories, politics, etc. Just like listening to rappers talk about money/bitches/cars/etc in every song can get repetitive.

I think sheepdog, and maybe you as well yelawolf, honestly think only teenage girls listen to Drake, which is not at all the case. Plenty of real fucking hip hop fans like Drake. He does have mainstream appeal, but he also has a huge fanbase in the hip hop community. Especially these days, the vast majority of his songs are him rapping rather than signing. I think there was only one rnb song on his last album, the rest were rap.

He has bars, he has pretty much perfected flow as he can basically make anything flow, always has great beats, makes songs about things people want to listen to, and most of the time keeps it fucking real.

Yes, he is a bit of a faggot, and does deserve to cop shit for a lot of things, but he can rap.

I'm a big fan of Drake's, but probably not as much as you guys would think from my posts, it's just his been relevant for quite a while now whereas some other rappers I'm also a big fan of haven't been doing anything so there's nothing to post about.

fully understand the listening to the same style, never understood how people can do that with any genre of music

i guess Drake really is just a faggot and i can't really take him seriously

I guess my main question would be: Do you prefer his more mainstream songs or his ones which aren't? 

I'm currently still listening to mainly underground, but I can tell I'm starting to move away from it fwiw. 

shady XV... flogging a dead horse surely?

Its a best of and compilation album of Shady Records from what Ive read....even if it was a strictly Eminem release there are plenty of worse rappers who release stuff every 2 years. You're only saying hes flogging a dead horse because you know about him. 

Speaking of Eminem (and Royce), easily the most anticipated track for me off the new album has been released.

Eminem + Royce da 5'9" + Big Sean + Danny Brown

http://www.vevo.com/watch/eminem/Detroit-Vs-Everybody-(Audio)/USUV71402761

Holy shit Big Sean continues to step up.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Confirmed. Nas to play illmatic front to back.

Stoked.

That's all he'll play though.

Should just do a 6 hour concert and play shit from his whole career. Not like he couldn't use the money. Not much after illmatic bar a couple tracks really get me excited.

I would feel as if his show was spoiled a bit if he did other tracks as well as illmatic.