Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart signs Kappa as new apparel sponsor

The Seagull

The Heart also announced another key new signing on the day, announcing they will partner with Italian sporting giant Kappa as it's new apparel partner for the next two Hyundai A-League seasons.

A brand synonymous with football, Kappa has supplied kits for the likes of reigning German Champions Borussia Dortmund and Mark Schwarzer's Fulham in recent years.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/john-aloisi-named-coach-of-melbourne-heart/47234

I would have assumed we would've stayed on with ISC for at least another year, but Kappa must obviously be paying a little more money.

• Like 1

Excellent news. Kappa kits are quite nice!

This.

Robe di Kappa being a brand of choice for casuals in the 80's. I'm very happy with this. Would have preferred Le Coq though, for obvious reasons.

See ya ISC, kit was boring as sin, brand was tacky and lame, and the replica kits they produced for us weren't of high quality at all. Hopefully Kappa come out with something cool next year.

• Like 1

See ya ISC, kit was boring as sin, brand was tacky and lame, and the replica kits they produced for us weren't of high quality at all. Hopefully Kappa come out with something cool next year.

To be fair, ISC couldn't dramatically change the design due to HAL restrictions. Can also confirm that the players wore the same kit (no replicas - just a minor alteration to allow for the mobile GPS units).

Be thankful that ISC allowed our necks to actually fit through the hole after the horribly choking Reebok days...

• Like 2

Summing up, the design for our kits have been pretty good when you look at what some of the other teams have had to wear.

Quality of both the Reebok and ISC kits were absolutely shite. I had a home reebok jersey and an away ISC and to be honest I think the reebok one is slightly better quality (not neck wise though).

I'm hopeful kappa can use some material of decent quality, especially when you pay around $120 for a top. And please put a collar on it!

What I'm really looking forward to is maybe some casual heart gear that I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear on non match days. That would be nice.....

Im surprised at some of the so called supporters, who cares what sponsor we have they (kappa) are obviously willing to put some money into the club. There not the top brands in the world, who gives a fk, if its not what you like to wear cos its to woggy, who gives a fk your there to support ur club, show love for ur club, not cos who sponsors them.

Im surprised at some of the so called supporters, who cares what sponsor we have they (kappa) are obviously willing to put some money into the club. There not the top brands in the world, who gives a fk, if its not what you like to wear cos its to woggy, who gives a fk your there to support ur club, show love for ur club, not cos who sponsors them.

no doubt we wholeheartedly agree with you mate... but people can still have an opinion on the designs... :D

I'm not saying people cant, but all on facebook and all some on here, thats all i seen sooking about the sponsor. And opinions on designs is different to opinions on sponsors.

Alright kappa is the sponsor, some people will like it some wont, lets move on...talking about a design is fine

1. Kappa are a World renown brand associated with football and have been for many years

2. They shit all over ISC

Could do much worse than Kappa. I'm excited

Spot on.

Can't wait, I'll actually purchase one. Personally up there with Umbro, DYF in regards to both the quality and the design of football kits.

Nike, Adidas and the same bland templates?

No thanks.

41nhW9raCzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hopefully Kappa revert to the big shoulder badges.