Melbourne Football

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC

Justin87

Pretty much spot-on. I've been banging on about that Villa game ever since it happened. Redknapp made some moronic decisions at the back end of that season. It all started at the Emirates while being slaughtered by the pace of Walcott and others, we had Defoe and Lennon sitting on the bench.

Anyway, I'm not gonna start ranting about it again. I've gotta go to work and I don't have that kind of time to spare!

Edited by Pete Heartspur

• 3 weeks later...

So January is upon us and we all know what that means? Transfer window is open.

Who is coming to or going from WHL? Who do you want us to sign?

For a start, I think we need a striker. Adebayor is pretty much gone IMO, Soldado didn't work out. Harry is good but still plenty of room for improvement. I heard that we are chasing Saido Berahino though I think Liverpool is chasing him too to replace Balotelli.

From what I have seen and heard he is quick and really good. Lack of experience worries me though.

I think Paulinho is another one who is going. Hasn't start for us since Pochettino took charge.

So January is upon us and we all know what that means? Transfer window is open.

Who is coming to or going from WHL? Who do you want us to sign?

For a start, I think we need a striker. Adebayor is pretty much gone IMO, Soldado didn't work out. Harry is good but still plenty of room for improvement. I heard that we are chasing Saido Berahino though I think Liverpool is chasing him too to replace Balotelli.

From what I have seen and heard he is quick and really good. Lack of experience worries me though.

I think Paulinho is another one who is going. Hasn't start for us since Pochettino took charge.

I think we need a striker mainly. Kane's gotta run out of form at some point, at his age he won't be able to keep this up all season. Otherwise I don't think we need that much, I'd happily see this team play next year, the development of all our young players is exciting.

I agree about Paulinho needing to go, I don't know how somebody who was named in the Guardian's top 100 footballers last year ended up being a perpetual benchwarmer. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

1:1 away to Madrid is huge result for us considering Borussia drew away in Cyprus. 

The return leg at Wembley will be massive I don't think we will be as defensive but a draw would be amazing and would go along way to Spurs getting out of the group maybe even topping it.

can't wait for the next game to start.. playing against Liverpool will always be hard...  we need to have to go at them as the defence is still shaky but they have good players going forward 

anyway, ICYMI: this is will be an interesting read as the author was given exclusive access to Poch and players .. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brave-New-World-Inside-Pochettinos/dp/1409157717

Main topic discussed in the book is Poch's managerial  style and some topics include events leading up Kyle Walker's departure..

Interesting read I'd say

On 10/18/2017 at 6:10 PM, Shahanga said:

Will be an absolute pleasure handing you your heads in the next round 

B)

11 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

fuck me dead 4 goals handed away, mig 1 save lloris 6 and the pundits licking their asshole 

In fairness, we dominated you almost the whole game, could of scored more if Son hit the target, your goal came from a play from what should have been a foul on kane aaaaaand only one of your shots Lloris saved was really any good.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hazzaverx said:

B)

In fairness, we dominated you almost the whole game, could of scored more if Son hit the target, your goal came from a play from what should have been a foul on kane aaaaaand only one of your shots Lloris saved was really any good.

Crickey you took your own sweet time posting this! I'd been dreading it since I woke up!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Hazzaverx said:

Huuuuuuge results. One of the best spurs games i've watched to date. Lost my mind when Eriksen scored.

Same although there was a game maybe 6 or 7 years ago we played Inter away and Bale scored 3 or 4 but as always lost the next week. 

"Tottenham Hotspur’s players will receive a £2 million bonus to share between them as a reward for qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League. The Times has learnt that the club’s Champions League players’ pool is worth a total of £7.5 million for winning the competition, with the size of the payments increasing the further they progress.

Tottenham’s success in reaching the last 16, which was achieved as a result of Wednesday’s historic victory over Real Madrid at Wembley, has triggered the first bonus payment. Every player who has featured in the Champions League this season is entitled to a share of the £2 million, which averages out at £105,000 a man, although the exact size of the payment is determined by their number of appearances." - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/2m-bonus-for-tottenham-hotspur-players-73q9gd7rp

Shrewed arrangement made by Levy .. as it should be as this is how the real world operates, performance-based pay. Unfortunately, this is not how many clubs operate and so we have to constantly battle with others for good players.

• Like 1

One might argue that being a tightarse he needs to loosen up or very quickly the top 5 or 6 will walk for the big dollars being offered. 

Having said that most of the players will remain if Pochettino stays but if he goes we will get ransacked similar to Monaco.

On 04/11/2017 at 9:10 PM, Jovan said:

One might argue that being a tightarse he needs to loosen up or very quickly the top 5 or 6 will walk for the big dollars being offered. 

Having said that most of the players will remain if Pochettino stays but if he goes we will get ransacked similar to Monaco.

Surely there's no chance of him going?!

1 hour ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Surely there's no chance of him going?!

There's always a chance. A big big club makes him an offer he can't refuse he will walk.

For instance Real Madrid finish 2nd or 3rd in La Liga and get knocked out of the Champions League in quarters or Semis then it's not unrealistic for Zidane to get axed and Ponch made a massive offer.

• Like 2

I'd imagine Poch would be one of most sought after managers in the world and with clubs like Milan and Inter again looking to get back to the summit of world football, the lure of unlimited funds and a huge pay increase would be pretty hard to turn down. Bigger problem could be if the likes of Alderweireld, Kane, Eriksen and Alli start wanting to be paid the going rate that they could be earning at Chelsea or Man City

• 2 weeks later...

What an awful performance. I honestly thought we had moved to a new level but that one was piss weak. If Kane and Ali weren't right why play them. We got dominated and never looked like getting into the game. 

Our record away to the top 6 is a true reflection of what we need to do to become a bonafide title contender. 

I can't see us getting past either Manchesters and will have to fight for 3rd.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...