Melbourne Football

Season 19/20 Matchday Thread

Dylan

10 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Well yes, but remember this is the same guy who pulled a potential corner back to the feet of Craig Noone to gift us a goal.

Other than that error he's been an absolute standout from day dot. If Janjetovic had been in goal last night it would've been a comfortable Sydney FC win. 

Tards look bang average this year and the Old blokes can play, not sure they will cope when summer kicks in, but if they do I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish top 4. 

Obviously alot has to go right for them but 2 quality players in Diamante and McDonald make them a decent team. 

Theres some absolute Tard magic unfolding on 442, despite there being 13,000 less in the stadium than our opening week fixture, this is the derby that Victory fans care about and this was the most Away fans ever seen at Etihad.....I'm crunching the numbers and it's not adding up.

6 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Theres some absolute Tard magic unfolding on 442, despite there being 13,000 less in the stadium than our opening week fixture, this is the derby that Victory fans care about and this was the most Away fans ever seen at Etihad.....I'm crunching the numbers and it's not adding up.

tards gonna tard.

12 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Bruno just hasn't looked good at Perth all season, has he lost it?

Bruno lost that short sharp burst of speed and ability to get a yard on defenders. Before this injury he used to be able to receive the ball with a defender on his back and quickly dart inside to create space. Now he's just a goal poacher feeding off Castro and Ikonomidis crosses. 

13 minutes ago, Nate said:

Marco Kurz is such a fraud lmao

The responsibility has to lie with the Victory board. Appointing a coach late and missing out on the best free agents as well as recruiting foreigners who are far inferior to what they had last season. Going from Antonis, Honda & Baena in the middle to Broxham, Basha and Poulsen is like going from  a Porsche to a Daewoo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Adelaide could be the real deal, I think their ability to challenge relies on Jakobsen not missing many games. He's been nearly flawless this season. 

They've unearthed two gems in Toure and d'Arrigo and their foreign signings all look good and they've still got Boland to return to fitness. I rate them better than Sydney who don't have the same balance they had with Brillante and O'Neil in the middle and their front 4 haven't really clicked and don't work back defensively. 

• Like 3