Melbourne Football

Best away game?

citypool

2 minutes ago, citypool said:

I’ve done Adelaide and Newcastle away loved both of them even though we lost..

whats your best away trip? Which match should I look at going to next?

None because apparently we'll lose 😉

• Haha 1

Adelaide is the best consistantly imo due to good turnouts, a good stadium, a reasonably good record there comparatively and imo decent pubs and places to stay.

I had a ball in Welly when i did it too. Perth is still the only one i've never done. End of the day though, no such thing as a bad away trip.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, citypool said:

I’ve done Adelaide and Newcastle away loved both of them even though we lost..

whats your best away trip? Which match should I look at going to next?

We've never been great away from home so keep that in mind 

Brisbane is alright since the ground is fairly central and there's a few drinking holes nearby 

Sydney we get a few fans, so decent atmosphere 

10 hours ago, bt50 said:

Adelaide is the best consistantly imo due to good turnouts, a good stadium, a reasonably good record there comparatively and imo decent pubs and places to stay.

I had a ball in Welly when i did it too. Perth is still the only one i've never done. End of the day though, no such thing as a bad away trip.

Helps when we win 5-0

If you have the means to, as many City fans should try to make it out to Adelaide for the cup final as possible. Two days in the middle of the working week is never easy to get off, but this is genuinely one of those times that I think a semi-full away bay would really lift the boys.

Plus, this is our second crack at a trophy in our ten year history, what else needs to be said?

On 10/10/2019 at 7:46 PM, IssySG said:

If you have the means to, as many City fans should try to make it out to Adelaide for the cup final as possible. Two days in the middle of the working week is never easy to get off, but this is genuinely one of those times that I think a semi-full away bay would really lift the boys.

Plus, this is our second crack at a trophy in our ten year history, what else needs to be said?

I don't know why people continue to distespect the Craig Foster Cup!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It didn't seem as if the Red and Black Bloc were in full effect for the WSWs' debut at their new Paramatta stadium., but given their history, when that team starts firing in the League after a few more rounds, that joint should be jumping so it's on my must-do list.  Sadly, our first appearance there in November match has me committed doing other shit elsewhere...

The last time I was at the Nix home ground was when we (NZ!) played Peru in the World Cup elimination match  in November 2017, and though it was obviously sold out on that day, I was thinking: ''Fark, this place must be dead when Phoenix are not doing well, it's way too big for their crowds...'