Melbourne Football

Atkinson, Wales face FFA sanctions

moops

56 minutes ago, TheStig said:

The big unanswered question is - was the girl underage? If so then the boys are in completely different territory.

Pretty much no such thing as a girl being "underage" in Cambodia mate. You can't apply Australian "standards" in such countries.

Apparently she was a Tinder date for one of the four (unnamed so far). Presumably she offered herself to the others while she was there. Who knows - who needs to know really. The big question for me is where was the supervision - it's known that she entered the hotel where the team was staying. I understand from one article I've seen that Graeme Arnold is in the spotlight over the supervision question.

All very sloppy all round, but I still think it should not be four young lads taking all the blame for it. I'm glad I can't remember all the mistakes I made when I was young - some I still feel ashamed of. What you need is a few wiser heads around you to steer you away from making them, and these appear to have been missing in this case.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Pretty much no such thing as a girl being "underage" in Cambodia mate. You can't apply Australian "standards" in such countries.

Apparently she was a Tinder date for one of the four (unnamed so far). Presumably she offered herself to the others while she was there. Who knows - who needs to know really. The big question for me is where was the supervision - it's known that she entered the hotel where the team was staying. I understand from one article I've seen that Graeme Arnold is in the spotlight over the supervision question.

All very sloppy all round, but I still think it should not be four young lads taking all the blame for it. I'm glad I can't remember all the mistakes I made when I was young - some I still feel ashamed of. What you need is a few wiser heads around you to steer you away from making them, and these appear to have been missing in this case.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sydneycriminallawyers.com.au/blog/what-happens-if-i-commit-a-crime-overseas/

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Yes, underage sex offences committed overseas are covered by Australian law

AFAIK there's no evidence that the "woman" was underage.

I take the point about Australian law and overseas. But in practice, many underage girls in these countries sell themselves to survive, and many are also pimped by their families for the same purpose. That's all I was trying to say.

It's all very messy, and what makes it worse is that we didn't even have to be there for such a tournament.

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been some discussion about the punishment or lack thereof handed out for alleged bed hopping in the Matildas as contrasted with the punishment handed out here #freelachieandnathaniel

There's a difference between bed hoping and paying for a gang bang

18 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Why? The referee made the call and it wasn’t an obvious error. 

The viewers need to check that it wasn't an obvious error. 

Mind you, given the improved way Wales played against WSW, City might need to give serious consideration to an end of year bonding holiday in Cambodia for the whole team.

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 1