8. Western Sydney
    9. Newcastle
    10. Central Coast
    11. Wellington
  2. Champion: Perth
  3. Golden Boot: Prickly Pear
  4. First Coach Sacked: Ernie Merrick
  5. Bold Prediction: WU make a late push and make the semi final
  6. Our Season: Good but not amazing. Winner of FFA Cup, We are pushing for 1st but bottle it in the final 3-5 weeks. Although we make it to the HAL Grand Final but lose to Perth. Bruno scores the winner, removes his shirt and shows his chiseled Uruguayan body
Edited by haz

2 hours ago, haz said:

1. Our Season: Good but not amazing. Winner of FFA Cup, We are pushing for 1st but bottle it in the final 3-5 weeks. Although we make it to the HAL Grand Final but lose to Perth. Bruno scores the winner, removes his shirt and shows his chiseled Uruguayan body

Lol, does he shout something running around without a top on?

1). 1st

2). victory

3). jmac - going off his preseaon - poaching left right center

4). Corica

5). Florin to win club player of the season

6). our best season to date, a shocker or two, but we play brilliant attacking football and attendance peaks when we start our finals run!  fall short in a home final derby and we never hear the end of it.

1 Perth 2 City 3 Victory 4 Sydney 5 WSW 6 Brisbane 7 Newcastle 8 Western 9 Adelaide 10 CCM 11 Wellington 

Champion - Perth

Golden Boot - Toivonen 

No Coach To Be Sacked

Bold Statement- Delbridge to be a socceroo by end of season

Our Season - Most consistent season we have had ever, unfortunately our visa players as a collective don't quite cut it once the big stuff comes around 

• Like 1

1. Ladder

1. Perth
           2. Sydney
           3. Melbourne Victory
           4. Adelaide
           5. Western Sydney
           6. Western United
           7. Melbourne City
           8. Brisbane
           9. Newcastle
         10. Central Coast
         11. Wellington

2. Champion: Sydney
3. Golden Boot: Jamie Maclaren
4. First coach sacked: Merrick
5. Bold prediction: Tom Glover to take over from Dean Bouzanis part way into the season. Jamie Maclaren to be Golden Boot as above.
6. Our Season: We'll see some nice team football at times, but won't have enough firepower up front to win enough games. Defensively we'll give away soft goals and find it difficult to keep a clean sheet. We will regularly lose players to international duties. A fairly typical Heart/City season, but more entertaining than most.

And, of course, my predictions will be hopelessly wrong as in previous seasons.

1. Ladder
           1. Western Sydney Wanderers
           2. Perth Glory
           3. Sydney FC
           4. Melbourne Victory
           5. Melbourne City
           6. Western United

7. Newcastle Jets
           8. Adelaide United
           9. Brisbane Roar
         10. Central Coast Mariners
         11. Wellington Phoenix

2. Champion: Western Sydney Wanderers
3. Golden Boot: Bruno Fornaroli (ouch)
4. First coach sacked: Nobody mid-season
5. Bold prediction: Wanderers won't lose a game at home
6. Our Season: Stacks of goals, stacks of goals conceded in the regular season before we bow out first week of the finals, followed by lots of forum complaining 🥴

Ladder positions after 27 rounds:

1. Perth

2. Melbourne City

3. Sydney

4. Western United

5. Western Sydney

6.  Victory

7. Adelaide

8. Brisbane

9. Newcastle

10. Wellington

11. Central Coast

Champion: City (penalty shootout with Perth)

Golden Boot: Adam Le Fondre

First Coach Sacked: Gertjan Verbeek

Bold statement: after a concerning start A League crowds rise 10% after Christmas, VAR improves, a summer heat wave forces postponement of some earlier scheduled games, Western United becomes the cinderella story of the year, Daniel Arzani returns to A League with Wanderers, Robbie Fowler none the wiser in bizarre press conference after on field incident involving Mark Rudan, Bruno refuses to celebrate after scoring a hat trick against City at AAMI Park, cries after the match, sends a DVD to Warren Joyce who sees it, throws it in the bin, Central Coast ask permission to relocate to the Gold Coast playing some games in Byron Bay after a consortium headed by Tim Cahill buys out the club, Socceroos continue to show improvement under Arnold climb to #43 in the world, City women finish 3rd, W League players strike demand better working conditions and pay, George Calombaris trolls them out on twitter, deletes post, Craig Noone wins goal of the year just ahead of himself and Craig Goodwin

Our season: After some confusing early season results Erick Mombaerts shows composure delivering the Midas touch when needed

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bt50 said:

Have at it.

1) Ladder Order

2) Champion

3) Golden Boot Winner

4) First coach sacked 

5) Bold Prediction

6) Sum up City's season and finishing position

Fark Me Lads

1. City, Perth, WSW, Syd, Vic, Ade, New, W United, Bris, Well, CCM (optimism)

2. Vuc from nowhere (fuck finals)

3. Draw - Le Fondre and our very own JMac

4. No sackings

5. Tara R announced as Mayor of Adelaide. 

6. City back attracting moderate crowds and playing entertaining football with a few frustraing brain fades but enough goals for a decent season. However, we lose finals football as always.

57 minutes ago, Originalmeme said:

lol this would about the 5th time Bozza has picked us to win it

• Haha 1

1) MC

NEWCASTLE

SYD

WSW

PERTH

MV

WU

ADEL

BRIS

CCM

WELLINGTON

2) MC

3) Jamie

4)  None

5) Jamieson to be benched by December and transferred  January.

6) We are going to dominate, Jamie, Noone, Luna and Cabrera to be the best front 4 the  league has ever seen.

Brilliante and our CBs will be impenetrable.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

Ladder:

1. citeh

2. Perf

3. Geelong - Tarneit

4. Scum FC

5. Newcastle

6. Tards 

7. Pissants

8. Wellington 

9. CCM

10. Brisbane

11. Wanderers

Champ: Citeh

Golden Boot: McLaren

Sacked: Babbel 

Curtis Good to be an ever present and get back in the Socceroos.

Under the irrepressible Erick Mombearts, City will shock the league by playing classy but pragmatic football and by ten games in will be the yard stick. Win the league by 7 points and scrape through in the grand final when VAR failed and missed the sole goal of the match - a rebound off Jamieson’s arm.

4 hours ago, kiko said:

Bold statement: after a concerning start A League crowds rise 10% after Christmas, VAR improves, a summer heat wave forces postponement of some earlier scheduled games, Western United becomes the cinderella story of the year, Daniel Arzani returns to A League with Wanderers, Robbie Fowler none the wiser in bizarre press conference after on field incident involving Mark Rudan, Bruno refuses to celebrate after scoring a hat trick against City at AAMI Park, cries after the match, sends a DVD to Warren Joyce who sees it, throws it in the bin, Central Coast ask permission to relocate to the Gold Coast playing some games in Byron Bay after a consortium headed by Tim Cahill buys out the club, Socceroos continue to show improvement under Arnold climb to #43 in the world, City women finish 3rd, W League players strike demand better working conditions and pay, George Calombaris trolls them out on twitter, deletes post, Craig Noone wins goal of the year just ahead of himself and Craig Goodwin.

I hope you put money on that multi

1. FFA Sydney
2. City
3. Perth
4. Wanderers 
5. Adelaide
6. Wifebeater FC
7. WU
8. Brisbane
9. Newcastle
10. Central Coast
11. Nux

2) Sydney

3) Jamie fucking Maclaren 

4) None

5) Brillante has a belter of a season and by years end firmly establishes himself as a Socceroo

6) Hugely improved season, but still get shock loses and draws due to a leaky defence. 

15 hours ago, Originalmeme said:

Thought boz would’ve hated us after Bart left lol he still loves city 

Ok I'll bite.

1. Sydney
2. Perth
3. City
4. Victory
5. WSW
6. Adelaide
7. Newcastle
8. Western United
9. Wellington
10. Brisbane
11. CCM

2) Adelaide

3) JMac

4) Ufuk Talay

5) Matt Simon and Besart Berisha battle it out for the title of 'most red cards by an angry old striker.'

6) Attractive attacking football brings dozens of supporters back to the stands but a leaky defence means we lose to Adelaide in the elimination final and another season is wasted.

Three distinct groups for mine;

Contenders : Sydney, Perth, MV, MC

Mid Tablers : WSW, WU, Bris, Adel

Bottom End : CCM, New, Welly

IMO all teams will be more competitive than usual and every team will be in with a shot most weeks, but ultimately the class will show and the table sorts itself into the above brackets. I reckon the order within those brackets could absolutely go in any order though.

Anyways, my guess:

1. City
2. Sydney
3. Perth
4. MV 
5. Adelaide
6. WSW
7. WU
8. Brisbane
9. CCM
10. Wellington
11. Newcastle

2) Sydney

3) JMac

4) None

5) Western United to start horribly but make a late charge only to just miss out; the talk is all around their sub 2k crowd average outside of derbies however.

6) Best season to date with the French Revolution coming up big. Will qualify for the ACl for the first time. Ultimately will lack a bit of star power on the big stage of finals however. Club signs a big name for next season via the guest rule for the ACL.

1. Perth
2. City
3. Sydney
4. Victory 
5. WSW
6. Adelaide
7. Brisbane
8. Newcastle
9. WU
10. CCM
11. Wellington

Champion - Perth
Golden Boot - JMac
First Sacked - Welly Coach 
Bold Prediction - WU to set record for most 0-0 results in a season, 2nd lowest goals scored in the season ahead of welly
City Season - We improve but still fall short, choke in a home semi final. Shoot ourselves in the foot in the jan transfer window again 

1 Perth

2 Syd

3 Brisbane

4 City

5 MV

6 ADL

7 CCM

8 WSW

9 WU

10 Nix

11 Jets

2)  Perth

3) Bruno

4) Merrik

5) A penis will be seen. But more seriously I think alot of people are over rating MV and under rating Brisbane

6) I think we will go out in the semis and win the FFA cup basically treading water. I think Mombaerts has a free pass this season

Edited by Dylan

My sense is that City will definitely be back in the top three/four pack chasing honours, rather than playing catch up in the following pack. As usual, I'd expect that top group to also include Perth, Sydney and Victory. The next group is likely to include Adelaide, WU plus one club doing a little better than expected. Adelaide and WU are similar teams, organised, skilful and tight in defence, but lacking real flair up front. But WU are less afraid to kick the opposition, which may or may not help them. As many here already suggest, WU won't be down among the dead men. They could well make finals. 

I've seen WSW twice, once against us in the cup, and on Saturday in Geelong, and on both occasions they've looked a poor side. For them to make the six, or even come top of the bottom five, it's going to need some of the home crowd Parramatta magic. Brisbane are a complete unknown with a rookie manager and a largely new squad. They've not convinced in pre-season, so I'm not expecting anything. But anything could happen. 

Newcastle look also rans. Two seasons ago seems like an aberration and they appear to have returned to form. They could even prop up the table. Central Coast have a decent manager and some useful signings and they could finally surprise us and get off the bottom playing decent football. But they aren't going to threaten the top six. Which leaves the yellow peril from over the ditch. They've been shorn of everything that made them good last season, both manager and flair players. What remains, and what they've added, is an unknown quantity. A repeat of last season seems wildly unlikely. 

Edited by fensaddler
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

I really hope Bruno tears it up this season just so it sticks it right up the higher ups at melb city. Also if anyone of our supports boo’s him they can fuck right off as far as I am concerned 

I'm almost of the opposite view. After hearing some of the shit he was doing he brought a hell of a lot of it on himself.

Of course Warren didn't handle it terrifically either, but you don'texpect your players to behave like 5 year olds.

Sad cos he could have been the first true club legend here.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

I'm almost of the opposite view. After hearing some of the shit he was doing he brought A hell of a lot of it on himself.

Of course Warren didn't handle it terrifically either, but you don'texpect your players to behave like 5 year olds.

Sad cos he could have been the first true club legend here.

Was the Sydney move or the Brisbane game benching the start of it all? Perhaps just general discipline problems. I hope one day somebody will tell the real story. 

Bruno has never been the same after his ankle injury.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jw1739 said:

City supporters were let down by everyone involved in the saga, including Fornaroli, and I don't believe anyone involved can walk away from it and claim the high moral ground.

Agreed , when they censored him off the screen in games I remember, was just absolutely childish

Sydney

Adelaide

City

Wanderers

Victory

Perth

Brisbane

Western United

Central Coast

Newcastle

Wellington

2) Adelaide

3) Golden Boot Winner: Maclaren/Le Fondre tie

4) First coach sacked: Merrick

5) Bold Prediction: Bruno will struggle to hit double figures and Perth will struggle to make the top 6

6) we'll be in with a shot to win the league up until a blip late in the season that'll see us fall off the pace.

7) Johnny Warren Medallist: Craig Noone

Ladder

1) Sydney

2) Perth

3) City

4) Western United

5) Brisbane

6) Victory

7) Adelaide

8 ) CCM

9) Newcastle

10) Phoenix

11) WSW

Champion: Melbourne City

Golden Boot: Jaime McLaren

First coach to be sacked: Marcus Babel

Bold prediction: Us to be champion and victory just make the top six. 

City season: some good results, overall style of play to be better. Will come third on the ladder. 

Edited by n i k o

Ladder

1) Sydney

2) Perth

3) Visitors

4) City

5)WSW

6)Western United

7) Adelaide

8 ) CCM

9) Brisbane

10) Newcastle

11) Phoenix

Champion: Sydney

Golden Boot: Bruno Fornaroli

First coach to be sacked: Merrick

Bold prediction: The new, skillful generation of young local players like Metcalfe, McGree, Pasquali, Silvera etc will take the league by storm and make the previous generation of local players look very ordinary. It will end the merry-go-round of mediocre players who keep getting opportunities from conservative clubs unwilling to take a punt on talented youth and NPL players.

City season: Score more, concede a few more. Noone will do well, Bart will be missed