Melbourne Football

2019 FFA Cup final - Adelaide away

mattyh001

30 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Will be tough away at Coopers. This IMO is 50/50. Anyones game. Lets see who is willing to risk it all. 

FWIW no one has won the Cup as the away finalist to date.
It's a serious notch on the belt as a team and for the gaffer if we can get this done imo.

Im seeing this as free hit, to me I don't expect to win it. I think our finals record away is poor minus that Wellington game. (Correct me if I'm wrong) But to win a final away is a big task. So my personal expectations are basically a loss, having said all that I seriously think Adelaide are pretty shit and we are by far the better team. 

I would like to see the same starting as Sunday with 2 changes. I would swap Windbichler with Good, only because he looked a bit blowy and could be underdone, and secondly swap Wales for Brillante. 

I really liked Griffiths game and partnered with Metcalfe on the left and Brillante on the right in v typed with Griffiths as the holding pivot i think it looks really balanced. Also I would start Najarine again, I know it's not popular and many say he lacks going defensively (which I agree) I think he offers more at the moment than the Uruguayans and Wales for me is a lesser option. The rest pick themselves. 

I'm actually really pumped for this one.

I’m going with...

Bouzanis

Galloway Delbridge Good Jamo

Najjarine Brillante Metcalfe

Wales Maclaren Noone 

I think Najjarine is probably better suited to that central position than Wales, who looks much better out wide where he can use his pace. Najjarine is more of a dribbler who can carry the ball between the lines. 

I think we've got a less-than-even chance of pulling this off tonight. Probably about 40%. Our finals record isn't great even when we've been the home side, and Adelaide have won the Cup more times than anyone else and are the current holders. But then many people say form doesn't necessarily count for knock-out matches.

City to win in an upset.

9 hours ago, dconder13 said:

Saw a pic of Florin at the airport

According to the club he's still recovering from a hamstring injury.

Easy win tonight. 1-3 with the following starting line up.

Dean

Galloway   Good     RobCop     Jamieson

Brilliante   Griffiths

Luna

Cabrera             Jamie              Noone

No kids in the starting line up because they will get beaten up in the contest in the first half.

Sub them on for impact with the opposition's tired legs on the pitch.

Come on city

6 minutes ago, haz said:

Just making my post in advanced when Wales misses his usual sitter

Ye good call, I'm gonna bang all of mine out at once. 

Dolphins you barbarous, unwholesome, onion-eyed jar of yeasty mule urine, ты полный отстой, 私のボールをなめる!!!

That felt good.