Melbourne Football

ELI FOR NUMBER NINE!

cadete

Maycon has left the country: This means that Gerry’s Infamous Number Nine is yet again vacant.

It was asked from the Rooster Kop to Eli: “Are you the next Sibon?”

And he answered by beating Sibon season record of 7 with 9 for the year becoming are highest ever scorer with 11 in total.

He was confidence, he has the swagger, he has the size, His time is here:

ELI FOR NUMBER NINE!

721767-eli-babalj.jpg

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

Anyway...

Do ppl agree with me that Eli should inherit the Number Nine???

I would much prefer him to get it than some unproven import like Maycon, the club could use it for a bit of Press as well.

Lets face it was a utter disgrace seeing Maycon fall over in the shirt that the Great Man once wore!

This what they should be doing we have a Kid who has ability to turn this comp on its head we should be using this to get people involved.

IMO next season he won’t leave them disappointed such has been the progression of his improvement as a player..

Edited by cadete

Isn't this your style of suggestion? You love this shit.

So you make a post in a thread that I have not posted in with a chant that you are not suggesting we use because it is apparently my "style of suggestion" despite the fact I have never suggested anything like it?

Quality posting, as per usual...

• Like 1

Saw the champ himself sipping latte with a well fit Balkan miss in St Kilda the other day. Was wearing a Giorgio Armani crew neck and Fred Perry plims. I got so nervous when I saw him in all his style and intimidation all I could manage to say was a shy grunt as I walked by.

ELI BABALJ, ENDORSED BY YARRASIDE YOUTH.

405210_312163952157249_120120798028233_897481_726071561_n.jpg

396919_312163908823920_120120798028233_897479_964636289_n.jpg

I'd rather Eli have it then some sulky, up himself kid with an undeserved sense of accomplishment...

Wait.

That is exactly what you want in a Number Nine: Did you ever even see the Great man Sibon up close???

His surly uphimself nature was legendary.

If you want a custodian of the game, great bloke who smiles as he signs Autographs start your campaign for the vacant Number Seven.

(e.g. Jinky Johnson, Henrik Larsson, Kenny Daglish)

But you just described the major qualities needed to carry the Number Nine that Eli has a plenty.

Edited by cadete

Didn't realise one goal constituted top scorer.

As Cadete said, he is a perfect number 9.

As much as you would hate me saying this, I find there are a lot of comparisons between Kris Boyd and Eli.

Def, Kris Boyd was a fucken quality striker I am never going deny this and it was because of his attitude.

He only has a year to go on his contract.

Would the number 9 shirt really be that big of a deal.

He is our number 19. That is his number! There is no need to change it.

Let him play as the number 9, but the number 9 shirt for a striker went out in the 80's.

If you name 1 striker with a number 9, i'll name 5 better players who dont wear the 9. (current players only)

80's?

As someone who was around then I can tell you Squad Numbers offically were only introduced in the late 90's so this is wrong.

Cadete a Left Wing for example would wear the number 11 if he was starting but would come off the bench in the Number 14/17/15 shirt. The same went for Di Canio in the Number 7 when he was Right Wing.

Anyway the point we are making is not about which Strikers in the world wear what numbers its about what number Sibon wore whilst at MH:

And that number was the Big Number Nine.

Edited by cadete

Didn't you start bagging the shit out of him once, and as soon as you stopped taling he scored at the Yarra end?

Yes, because I knew once he heard the great Tesla bagging him out he would respond in an appropriate manner by scoring a goal. As he did.

• Like 1

Did lol.

And Teslacles, mate, how can he be your Balkan Butt Buddy if you talk trash behind his back?

We had a temporary falling out over his lack of scoring.

But then I was like

358q6z.jpg

And taught him a thing or two about finishing, and since then the goals have been flowing.

• Like 1