Melbourne Football

Is Zahra off to Glory? (Confirmed Page 2)

markn

our wingers are very important to the way we play so it's necessary we have some of the best wingers in the league in our squad

IMO we must make it a priority to sign Goodwin, Abbas and Halloran. It would leave us with Halloran, Dugandzic, Williams and Marrone as our right sided players, and Behich, Goodwin and Abbas as left sided players.

How the fuck is this thread worthy? 2-3 other threads that could have held this info (already do tbh). /thread, OP is a phaggot - likes Bon Jovi.

Smeltz anyone? :wub:

Take Goodwin over Zahra if i had the choice. ^_^

Would definitely take Abbas if Zahra or Goodwin left.

Can you please shut the fuck up about Abbas? Jesus christ. He's a mediocre player at best, so get his dick out of your mouth plz.

How the fuck is this thread worthy? 2-3 other threads that could have held this info (already do tbh). /thread, OP is a phaggot - likes Bon Jovi.

Can you please shut the fuck up about Abbas? Jesus christ. He's a mediocre player at best, so get his dick out of your mouth plz.

You sound like an angry dude, chill out man.

• Like 2

Obviously this isn't thread worthy but there is no need to be a cunt about it mate.

• Like 3

If Zahra goes we'll only have Dugandzic and Williams as proper wingers, so zero depth. Craig Goodwin could be converted to play winger, but he may not be around. It would be utterly stupid to let both Kamal Ibrahim and Zahra go and only have Dugandzic and Williams.

If we let Zahra go that must be a sign that we have another winger lined up, hopefully Halloran. That, or the club has become really really idiotic.

Fantastic posting.

This is exactly the kind of posts we want to see around here.

Edited by Braveheart

If Adrian wants to go to Perth and they want him...pretty sure Heart will not stand in his way. For example, we have Jeremy Walker, a more than adequate replacement. There's no need for us to be dipping into the transfer market at this stage. Let Glory and others make signings if they want...do we really want to rush in and sign the likes of hacks such as Nicky Ward? I say no. Sidwell and Co. are being careful with their money, and so they should be...some A-League clubs are bleeding money freely. If we can negotiate a saving of $10,000 per player, that's an all-up saving of $230,000...and that's not to be sneezed at.

Sure it's frustrating to sit here and see other clubs doing this and that...but being patient, dotting the i's and crossing the t's, seems to be the Heart way and IMO we will assemble a good squad and give next season a shake.

• Like 2

If Zahra goes we'll only have Dugandzic and Williams as proper wingers, so zero depth. Craig Goodwin could be converted to play winger, but he may not be around. It would be utterly stupid to let both Kamal Ibrahim and Zahra go and only have Dugandzic and Williams.

If we let Zahra go that must be a sign that we have another winger lined up, hopefully Halloran. That, or the club has become really really idiotic.

Goodwin does not have to be converted, he played left wing all his career, only this year has he recently been a left back with the youth team and the first team. Halloran and Goodwin on the wings with Behich and Marrone as the left and right backs would be fantastic. I just wish the hell we knew what was happening. I see Goodwin was at the awards night all kitted in heart dress attire, and Newcastle cant get their shit together. I also hear Shitney are interested now. I guess with the 30th April being a crucial date for most players re contracts we should hear something soon. With the coaching saga and players in and out etc the suspense is killing me.

this is probably why people dont want to indtroduce themselves at pre game/game.

they get the general idea that everyone is a cunt.

so what if he likes bon jovi, or he is a gay?

is this a problem? makes you a homophobe.

and rof, since when did anyone give you the permission to "/thread" thats the admins decision.

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 3

Marteaux, you have been warned. Please stop posting like a jerk.

I say no. Sidwell and Co. are being careful with their money, and so they should be...some A-League clubs are bleeding money freely. If we can negotiate a saving of $10,000 per player, that's an all-up saving of $230,000...and that's not to be sneezed at.

Sure it's frustrating to sit here and see other clubs doing this and that...but being patient, dotting the i's and crossing the t's, seems to be the Heart way and IMO we will assemble a good squad and give next season a shake.

Spot on mate, I'm one of the 1st to put the current situation in the forefront of my mind when posting. Christ, if we were signing every player suggested in here the club would be shot to pieces completely.

As you say, it can be quite frustrating epecially considering we should/could be sorted manager wise, well by now. Plenty of time still, visas still to be filled and Europe still in action for a while so no rush for key position choices yet.

Say Good leaves though that could create a problem or two.

Edited by downbylaw
  • Like 1

@jw1739 Zahra is on a bare minimum wage, so there is no meat left on the bone for any potential wage saving.

However he needs to be retained in my opinion, there is not much else available.

Can mods please merge this with transfers thread.

so what if he likes bon jovi, or he is a gay?

is this a problem? makes you a homophobic.

Bon Jovi .....while imo it's terrible music. Facts are while im a slut no doubt, he has had more woman and QUALITY woman than this whole forum.

Don't know how music can be male and doing another male much like yourself. Marto do tell lol

AND THAT'S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIcaDqD5s2I&feature=related

R.I.P JC. I realise it's unrelated but for myself and any others with bloody living on a prayer in their head, erase it now :)

Edited by downbylaw

If Adrian wants to go to Perth and they want him...pretty sure Heart will not stand in his way. For example, we have Jeremy Walker, a more than adequate replacement. There's no need for us to be dipping into the transfer market at this stage. Let Glory and others make signings if they want...do we really want to rush in and sign the likes of hacks such as Nicky Ward? I say no. Sidwell and Co. are being careful with their money, and so they should be...some A-League clubs are bleeding money freely. If we can negotiate a saving of $10,000 per player, that's an all-up saving of $230,000...and that's not to be sneezed at.

understand where you're coming from JW, but what concerns me is that we'll be signing the "left overs" that didn't interest other clubs. The talent pool isn't a very large one in australia, and that's why we see talented young players like Halloran, Goodwin etc... get snapped up quickly when they are free agents. I'm not saying we should be handing out 200k contracts now, but players such as Halloran and Goodwin will cost the club between 60-90k at the most. I have no problem with the club taking its time on the bigger signings (over 100k) but we definitely need to be more ruthless in the transfer market, and especially being a club that prides itself on youth and developing young players we must be signing the best young australian players available

My fear is that following the appointment of ang to victory, he may be the deciding factor in convincing players to join his squad. Thus, as mentioned earlier we may end up with the left overs.

Goodwin must be our number 1 option as a back up wide player to fill the void with the impending zahra departure. I wouldn't mind a play for Brown or Halloway.

Btw- if the general behavior of posters want to get 'person', then they will begin to seriously undermine this entire forum. Sometimes people just want to chat about a specific matter, rather than have that issue lost in a general 'transfer' topic. I see no reason why a new topic can not be started for specific issues.

• Like 5

My fear is that following the appointment of ang to victory, he may be the deciding factor in convincing players to join his squad. Thus, as mentioned earlier we may end up with the left overs.

Goodwin must be our number 1 option as a back up wide player to fill the void with the impending zahra departure. I wouldn't mind a play for Brown or Halloway.

Btw- if the general behavior of posters want to get 'person', then they will begin to seriously undermine this entire forum. Sometimes people just want to chat about a specific matter, rather than have that issue lost in a general 'transfer' topic. I see no reason why a new topic can not be started for specific issues.

well said mate, just take no notice of it!

well said mate, just take no notice of it!

+1, the more threads the merrier, the less personal attacks the better.

i'd be disappointed to see Zahra go but I actually think its a bit of a punt for Perth anyway, given the injury and his game time being limited to youth games in the latter half of the season. I hope it works out for him though. I'm happy if we keep Goodwin, although i wonder what his attitude is like. We gave him a shot but he was keen to get out the door, even if it was to follow his former coach.

Just seems a bizarre move from Perth, a relatively inexperienced young lad who hasn't played in 12 months

Zarah may see himself as not a 1st team starter and he is willing to take bottom wages to get that chance again. Fair enough, I wouldn't expect the club to stand in his way.

As mentioned earlier, ange signing with the visitors, it causes a bit of an imbalance as far as player preferences go. I read an article this morning (sorry don't have the link) saying Halloran almost definitely going to visitors so he can have a chance to play for ange.

I understand the need to save money and not to jump in to the transfer market and start throwing money around, but we held back a bit last season and look who we ended up getting - Maycon.

I'm sure that they are looking at players but keeping it on the down low........I hope.

+1, the more threads the merrier, the less personal attacks the better.

i'd be disappointed to see Zahra go but I actually think its a bit of a punt for Perth anyway, given the injury and his game time being limited to youth games in the latter half of the season. I hope it works out for him though. I'm happy if we keep Goodwin, although i wonder what his attitude is like. We gave him a shot but he was keen to get out the door, even if it was to follow his former coach.

I don't think he was keen to get out the door. Yes I think Papas was a big factor, but read Newcastle have offered him a starting position. Also Sydney. I believe that Heart offered him a contract but would not guarantee a starting position at that time. So it's all about progression and opportunities. Same as Curtis Good with Newcastle EPL side, would not begrudge him if he gets a gig, even though would be gutted to see him go. I would love for Goodwin to stay, and by the fact that he was at the presentation night in full gear looks promising. It is the lack of information that is driving me nuts, not just our club but the league in general.

Just seems a bizarre move from Perth, a relatively inexperienced young lad who hasn't played in 12 months

By the time next season starts, it will be probably at least 18 months since he last played, apart from some youth league appearances. There must be a big question mark on whether he can come back the same player.

Let's face it, that injury was worse than what was thought at the time, and has had a huge impact on his development. They were hoping he'd be ready to play early in the season, and he ended up missing the whole year. As much as we'd all love to see him return and pick up where he left off, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches are thinking that other players have gone past him. If they really wanted him and thought he was ready for senior football, I doubt we'd let him go. And I doubt he'd be leaving Melbourne and his family etc. for Perth.

But good luck to him whatever he does. It's been absolutely terrible for him to have his career jeapordised just when he was making a name for himself. Will never forgive Muscat for that.

• Like 2

Love Zahra, thought he was sensational in season 1 and was set for a big future. Obviously the cunt fucked that up. Having watched him regularly with the yoof team he just didn't seem to have that same spark he did before the injury. Based purely on those performances (and having not seen him in training etc), I don't think it'd be a big loss to see him go and would wish him all the best.

Re Goodwin.. How is seeing him in the gear he is contractually obligated to wear a sign that he is staying!?! O.o

• Like 2

Love Zahra, thought he was sensational in season 1 and was set for a big future. Obviously the cunt fucked that up. Having watched him regularly with the yoof team he just didn't seem to have that same spark he did before the injury. Based purely on those performances (and having not seen him in training etc), I don't think it'd be a big loss to see him go and would wish him all the best.

Re Goodwin.. How is seeing him in the gear he is contractually obligated to wear a sign that he is staying!?! O.o

TBH I am not that upset if it means signing a player that is not Winger.

RM is the worst natural postion to have at MH unless your name is Mate - So the move is understandable.

In saying that I think he will be a fair bit better this season than in those NYL games, it takes a long time to finally get over these injuries.

Anyway his left my club now so its not really my concern anymore how his injury recovery is tracking.

TBH I am not that upset if it means signing a player that is not Winger.

RM is the worst natural postion to have at MH unless your name is Mate - So the move is understandable.

In saying that I think he will be a fair bit better this season than in those NYL games, it takes a long time to finally get over these injuries.

Anyway his left my club now so its not really my concern anymore how his injury recovery is tracking.

Agree with what you say, but will always have a soft spot for him. Some of the moments (Sydney away for instance) he brought us will live with me for some time!

• Like 1

the 7-8 players we have released so far haven't bothered be too much because they aren't starting 11 players and have really only featured this season due to injuries/suspensions or due to players away on olyroo duty. We've still got our best starting 11, so it hasn't damaged our squad at all tbh. It'll only be damaging if we see players like Good, Srhoj, Bolton etc... leave as it'll leave holes that are hard to replace.

the 7-8 players we have released so far haven't bothered be too much because they aren't starting 11 players and have really only featured this season due to injuries/suspensions or due to players away on olyroo duty. We've still got our best starting 11, so it hasn't damaged our squad at all tbh. It'll only be damaging if we see players like Good, Srhoj, Bolton etc... leave as it'll leave holes that are hard to replace.

Agreed.

Two of them did not even look like playing for the seniors this year.

We have released 8-9 players who, let's face it, did not push first team selection (terra the exception).

Bringing in new players we could find new players like we did this year i.e Good Goodwin Madaschi Dugaznic Fred.

I don't really see the problem...half these players where injured for long periods of time.

Have a bit of faith boys!

It's a touch ironic that Zahra leaves us to play for a coach who would love to have a 'Muscat' type in his side.

That being said, good luck to the lad and here's hoping he can re-establish himself as a first team player. He is the first player I can think of that has left us not as a result of being poor on the field when he was playing (Beachamp, Heffernan), but rather due to the misfortune that was inflicted upon him by way of Muscat's brain explosion and violent act of thuggery.

If he does happen to line up agaisnt Heart next season at AAMI park it would be good if the supporters and Yarraside could in someway show him our respect - this would be an open display of the positive culture that exists at the club, as well as the respect that the supporters have for players who have performed well at the Red and White, and it is something I could never imagine Victory doing.

• Like 1