Melbourne Football

Matchday 1: Melbourne Derby - Sat 12th October 7.30pm at Marvel Stadium

Nate

14 hours ago, Shahanga said:

i have a completely different view. I’m an Australian who happens to support Melbourne City. I’d reconsider my support for the club if they didn’t release players to play for Australia. 

That's fair enough, but I don't think that's the issue. IMO it does not make sense to schedule the opening round of the season to coincide with an international break, or to schedule any League matches when there are international breaks. AFAIK overseas the top leagues do not play when there are international breaks, because there is every chance that the various clubs will be affected differently. It makes even less sense in Australia where there will be this season only 26 matches, so losing a key player (or key players) for even one match is significant.

Sooner or later the League has to expand, and IMO it does not make sense to keep running away and avoiding the AFL and NRL seasons, so sooner or later our game going to have to stand on its own two feet and lengthen the season. Sensible fixturing could have enabled the Melbourne Derby to be played today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Heart of oakleigh said:

As of the last couple of weeks anybody can get tickets in the melb city active & melb city non active areas. It defeats the purpose really. There is a possibility that victory supporters will be in our designated city areas.

When I purchased mine last week I had to type in my membership code then it allowed me to purchase my active ticket and also gave me the option to buy 1 more active ticket.

58 minutes ago, dconder13 said:

When I purchased mine last week I had to type in my membership code then it allowed me to purchase my active ticket and also gave me the option to buy 1 more active ticket.

I purchased mine last week too but didnt have to type in my membership barcode. It gave me an option to buy multiple tickets in the melb city non active are. If you have a look now you dont need to put the barcode in for level 1 isle 15 - non active & level 1 isle 17- active.

Edited by Heart of oakleigh

30 minutes ago, neio said:

Apparently we might be trying an untried 16 year old to replace Maclaren. There is a story on herald sun but I've read all my free stories so can't see it. I assume it's Dukuly? 

10 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7.thumb.jpg.e55040777366b3e4e10cfe144e14b6dc.jpg

1.Tom GLOVER, 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON, 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Javier CABRERA, 10.Florin BERENGUER, 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathniel ATKINSON, 19.Lachlan WALES, 20.Adrian LUNA, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Dean BOUZANIS, 30.Moudi NAJJAR, 34.Connor METCALFE, 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 40.Richard WINDBICHLER, 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI