Melbourne Football

JVS at Chivas Deportivo Guadalajara

Murfy1

If anyone knows Dutch they can clarify my and google translate's translation of this article:

Cruyff wants Van't Schip appointed

Johan Cruyff, John Van't Schip forward as new coach of Chivas Guadalajara. The 48-year-old coach, which have recently been working relationship with the Melbourne Heart ended, has already had contact with the Mexican club. This I know The Independent on Saturday to report.

Van't Schip and his agent Soren Lerby talk further this week with Chivas, where Johan Cruyff is an adviser. The former assistant to Marco van Basten at Orange should be the successor of the Mexican team coach Ignazio Ambriz, who resigned last Wednesday after the advisory committee of Cruyff said he had at the end of the season would be replaced.

Guadalajara lost the last six matches in a row. The club went 5-0, Tuesday still beaten by Deportivo Quito.

http://www.ajaxfans.net/nieuws/13475/Cruijff+wil+Van+'t+Schip+aanstellen

isn't the main reason JVS didn't re-sign for next season is because he wanted to go back to Holland to be closer to his family?

that may have been what he said, but he wanted to coach back in Europe, and/or at a higher standard.

however he would be closer to his family, so he did have a point.

apparently only his son was in Australia and the rest of his family was back in Holland.

didnt realize JvS was held in such high regard in Europe.

pffft. Good luck to the bloke. He's moved on and so have we. No ill-will here.

exactly he fulfilled the requirements of his contract, it didnt seem to be working so he didnt sign an extension and so the club and him move on. he didnt have a go at the club when leaving he did nothing wrong.

good luck in the future for him.

ITS OFFICIAL!

FORMER Melbourne Heart coach John van't Schip has been named coach of Mexican club Guadalajara Chivas.

In Aussie terms this is a dogs act! So much for wanting to go home to be with his family.

From experience Mexico will kill him if he does not perform. Chivas are a good club, but if you do not show results right away the fans will want him out. JVS is a development coach, not a top flight coach required to get results straight away.

Mexico and Australia are worlds apart. The move baffles me completely. Part of me now wishes' he fails.

HOW FUCKING DARE HE. HE WAS OUR FIRST EVER MANAGER, AND I PERSONALLY WAS EXPECTING HIM TO STICK AROUND IN THIS WONDERFUL AND INTERNATIONALLY SIGNIFICANT LEAGUE FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER. I CAN'T BELIEVE HE WOULD 'DOG' US LIKE THIS, AND HAVE AMBITIONS TO IMPROVE HIMSELF.

Seriously guys, we're nothing, and I never thought he would stick around for long at all. I don't understand how this is unfair on us, nor why we should suddenly hate the guy who set up our club with a passion.

Go become something big JvS, atleast then we can say we were a significant stepping stone for you on your path to glory.

HOW FUCKING DARE HE. HE WAS OUR FIRST EVER MANAGER, AND I PERSONALLY WAS EXPECTING HIM TO STICK AROUND IN THIS WONDERFUL AND INTERNATIONALLY SIGNIFICANT LEAGUE FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER. I CAN'T BELIEVE HE WOULD 'DOG' US LIKE THIS, AND HAVE AMBITIONS TO IMPROVE HIMSELF.

Seriously guys, we're nothing, and I never thought he would stick around for long at all. I don't understand how this is unfair on us, nor why we should suddenly hate the guy who set up our club with a passion.

Go become something big JvS, atleast then we can say we were a significant stepping stone for you on your path to glory.

You make it sound like he was too good for us...

If he was too good for us he should of at least taken us into the second week of finals in both his Seasons as manager.

You make it sound like he was too good for us...

If he was too good for us he should of at least taken us into the second week of finals in both his Seasons as manager.

Lol, wasn't my point, but I see how you thought that.

I was actually amazed that he's making a step up, if he can't perform here, where can he perform? I hold the same opinion as you, its just that I find it funny that people feel he has betrayed us by moving to another club, he was never going to stick around for long, and had no obligation to.

I was actually amazed that he's making a step up, if he can't perform here, where can he perform? I hold the same opinion as you, its just that I find it funny that people feel he has betrayed us by moving to another club, he was never going to stick around for long, and had no obligation to.

I'm not sure that people feel betrayed...more let down by him trotting out the 'get me back to Europe for family reasons' line as at least one of the reasons he was quitting...and then going to Mexico of all places...I for one would rather hear the truth right from the start.

IMO in the longer term no-one will care a stuff about the JvS era at Heart. Our results under him were less than mediocre. ATM we hear a lot about the 'JvS legacy' at the club, but with so many player departures, a new coach imminent, and possibly some back-room changes as well, 2012-13 has all the feel of a fresh start from square one.

I hope for his sake that JvS does well in Mexico, because his CV certainly needs something positive.

• Like 4

I'm not sure that people feel betrayed...more let down by him trotting out the 'get me back to Europe for family reasons' line as at least one of the reasons he was quitting...and then going to Mexico of all places...I for one would rather hear the truth right from the start.

IMO in the longer term no-one will care a stuff about the JvS era at Heart. Our results under him were less than mediocre. ATM we hear a lot about the 'JvS legacy' at the club, but with so many player departures, a new coach imminent, and possibly some back-room changes as well, 2012-13 has all the feel of a fresh start from square one.

I hope for his sake that JvS does well in Mexico, because his CV certainly needs something positive.

Sorry, but you've complained about his record, his decision to leave, and about his reasons for leaving. At different times. you've criticized not only what he's done, but also the fact that he's not here doing it still!

I for one would prefer he stayed because I think he brought some good qualities to the role. Nevertheless, his record is mixed and certainly up for debate.

But it serves no purpose to denigrate the people who have been here working to build the club. He's done nothing wrong in leaving. And if he used the family excuse instead of coming out and saying that the A League isn't important enough for his career prospects, well it's probably a case of good manners rather than being deceitful. In any case, what difference does it make?

Edited by Sash
  • Like 1

Sorry, but you've complained about his record, his decision to leave, and about his reasons for leaving. At different times. you've criticized not only what he's done, but also the fact that he's not here doing it still!

I for one would prefer he stayed because I think he brought some good qualities to the role. Nevertheless, his record is mixed and certainly up for debate.

But it serves no purpose to denigrate the people who have been here working to build the club. He's done nothing wrong in leaving. And if he used the family excuse instead of coming out and saying that the A League isn't important enough for his career prospects, well it's probably a case of good manners rather than being deceitful. In any case, what difference does it make?

The guy announced he was leaving just before the last Derby so the whole world (Including his own players) that he was available for hire elsewhere...

So now that fact that his excuse was a lie, IMO does leave an extra sting.

He noted that he was leaving due to family reasons, then more or less promptly signed with a Mexican club.

To be that's not being polite, that's pissing on our back and telling us it's raining, or what ever analogy you want. His excuse doesn't wash now, the image of a club is bigger than one man. A 'JvS legacy'? Wank wank wank...

I think the issue here is that he was the one who was supposed to create the culture of the club which would set us apart from all the other clubs that have come and gone throughout the domestic game in the past 20 or so years. But instead of getting the upstanding commitment to the future of the game- which was the reasoning behind him being paid three times more than the top paid coach in the league, he ended up doing a sub-par job then making some half assed excuse for not finishing what he started as he slowly started creeping towards the exits.

"gee, you've been great and I have had a really fun time but I got to get up for a meeting really early tomorrow. I will call you though..."

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

The guy announced he was leaving just before the last Derby so the whole world (Including his own players) that he was available for hire elsewhere...

So now that fact that his excuse was a lie, IMO does leave an extra sting.

He announced it at that time because the board wanted an answer at that time. They gave him an offer and asked him to accept it or decline it in Jaunuary I think, so that they could start planning for next season. He did what the board asked.

Criticise his coaching, his comittment even. But all this other stuff is like people are looking at every possible angle to find something to carp about. I've read about things like the car he drives and where he lives, and its just petty. If he was truly honest and said he wanted to move on to bigger and better things, people here would be criticising that too.

He announced it at that time because the board wanted an answer at that time. They gave him an offer and asked him to accept it or decline it in Jaunuary I think, so that they could start planning for next season. He did what the board asked.

Criticise his coaching, his comittment even. But all this other stuff is like people are looking at every possible angle to find something to carp about. I've read about things like the car he drives and where he lives, and its just petty. If he was truly honest and said he wanted to move on to bigger and better things, people here would be criticising that too.

I am sure the board did not make him announce he was leaving Mid-Season, why would the board want their players to know that their coach was ditching them: I honestly reckon if he just made his announcement (As inevitable as it was) at the end of our Season we would of gone further.

And what are you going on about with the club needing to plan for next season?

They have not even hired a new coach and when they do it be someone who is already contracted internally anyway.

They have also said no new players will be signed until this inevitable appointment is made.

I am sure the board did not make him announce he was leaving Mid-Season, why would the board want their players to know that their coach was ditching them: I honestly reckon if he just made his announcement (As inevitable as it was) at the end of our Season we would of gone further.

And what are you going on about with the club needing to plan for next season?

They have not even hired a new coach and when they do it be someone who is already contracted internally anyway.

They have also said no new players will be signed until this inevitable appointment is made.

They made him an offer and gave him a deadline which was in January. I remember articles quoting Munn or Didulica at the time. Then the club decided to announce it publicly because they figured there would be speculation and it wouldn't stay secret anyway. Whether it was the right approach or not is debatable. But your issue about timing is with the board, not Van t Schipp.

The rest, I can't answer.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 1

U do realise if the club who we all hold dear does go bust, JVS salary will be one of the key factors... so the BMW and House in Brighton in his package do count.

The worst thing is we could of had Ange for so much less, and no doubt would have had two better seasons as well.

JvS belongs in Mexico.

Look at his tan!!!

I heard from my friends girlfriends uncle that the main reason he left, was that they weren't including a solarium in his next contract deal. That and the lavish lifestyle he received for the last 2 years was not being renewed.

Well I was another taken in with the "going back to the family" bullshit. He should grow a pair and learn how to tell it straight. If he'd fallen out with the board over his deal, they both should have found a nice way of saying that.

Can't stand bull artists, so I've lost all respect for him.

Shit in life changes. this was his good pal cruyff who came asking not some average joe....

JVS saw out the end of his contract, it was announced by the club that he wasn't going to renew. He has done nothing wrong to us. who cares what he does after managing us especially that he is not affecting us in any way.

• Like 1

Did he ever actually say that he was going back purely for family reasons? I thought most of that came from the media who kept talking about his daughter when debating whether he would stay or go. It was pretty obvious that he just wanted to move on to bigger things (who can blame him), and I'm pretty sure he even said it himself a few times.