Melbourne Football

Scott Munn

LR9

If Scott goes, that would be a great shame for our emerging culture of support. The confidence and backing he has given us would be sorely missed. That being said, it wouldn't be the end of the world, it's just a shame Peter Wilt is a Victory fan as I daresay he would be an ideal replacement for Munn.

Anyway, it's all hearsay and innuendo at the moment!

A football club never "ends for the season". We still have player purchases, coaching appointments etc still to come.

All of which the supporters have minimal input towards. Typically speaking, OUR season is over, not the club's.

"To all of our melbourne heart supporters I say thank you, especially the boys at red and white unite and yarraside. Best wishes"

That was the original tweet, which is quite specific towards the supporters, and does not mention the actual club. It did sound vague and I can understand how people misinterpreted it, but I'm trusting BH on this one.

Unless the board decide otherwise when his contract is expired, it looks like Scotty will be trollin' vucktree lads for a while longer.

Unless the board decide otherwise when his contract is expired, it looks like Scotty will be trollin' vucktree lads for a while longer.

This. Anybody in the professional world is under constant scruiny and Munn is no different. He could be sacked, not have his contract re-newed, walk out, be given a raise etc at any time.

Isn't the CEO contract up on the 1st of May?

Possibly. Im not sure but he's going on 2weeks leave in a week or so and i've got a meeting with him a couple of days after he gets back. Would be a strange time to schedule a meeting if he didn't know if he had a job...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I sent the club an email about work experience a few months ago

Got this in response:

"Thank You for your email of interest with Melbourne Heart FC.

Melbourne Heart FC holds four positions available for School Student Placements and they are all currently full. Your information will be kept on file and should we have any openings in the future, we will keep you in mind.

Voluntary work may become available on match days which Melbourne Heart could give you a reference for any hours worked.

We appreciate your interest and the time taken to apply and wish you all the best in the future."

• 2 weeks later...

I think if ADP signed for a Melbourne club there would have been a lot of media interest in Melbourne as there is in Sydney. There is little interstate reporting on most sports including A-League, rugby, league etc. in the local papers. All the focus is on the Melbourne clubs.

I am in favour of a marquee player who adds PR as well as improving the speed, touch, vision etc. of our squad members. JVS made comments when he departed that should an opportunity arise to sign a high profile player, then Heart should take it. A marquee is not a one stop, one/two year solution to crowds and titles but over a period of years, these experienced players raise the standard of those around them as well as bringing a bit of the leagues we drool over on TV to the local scene.

I wonder if Scott Munn has it right in constantly downplaying the value of a marquee? High profile players have helped improve the standard in the likes of Japan and the USA.

Edited by Peter

Apart from his seeming contradiction when he wishes we played Sydney twice at AAMI...SM is probably right in most of what he says. TBH I'd never heard of ADP before he signed with Sydney, because I don't follow Serie A closely.

This whole argument goes round and round. We'll never know whether a 'marquee' would be value for Heart until we sign one, and we won't sign one because we don't believe in the value of a marquee.

IMO there's a difference between the 'marquee' and the 'celebrity.' Harry Kewell is a celebrity, and although we'll never know I'm pretty sure that had HK signed for us rather than MV we would have seen that reflected in our attendances. Likewise David Beckham. But we're not going to make that kind of signing. The best we could ever hope for is a celebrity guest player.

For us, the way forward is to play better football, score more goals and win more matches at AAMI Park. We need to work hard on our scouting and signings both here and overseas, and keep going with our community work and development of local players and interest in the game, and never take our fans for granted.

• Like 1

To play good football and score goals you need quality. This is what a marque player will bring. We will have to wait and see what ADP will bring to the a league. I guess the difference between ADP and Harry is that ADP has come to leave a legacy where as kewell come for the money. Massive difference just in that aspect.

• Like 1

Interesting quotes from Munn on Del Piero....

http://au.fourfourtw...-the-derby.aspx

Well it seems that while Scotty was asking WSW to concentrate on the derbies, they've pretty shoved he's idea aside and decided to compete with ShydneyFC and sign Ballack!! And add Heskey to the Tiger Moths and the NSW HAL sides seem intent on bankrupting themselves. Anyway, if this all comes to pass it will be good for Heart games at AAMI with extra marketing potential for us off the back of the big spending from up north. Win-win

• Like 2

Cheap exposure because the club isn't overly keen on chasing their own news.

I can't imagine the signing of Garrucio is seen by the general public as any where near as big as the signing of Heskey (only for the lols though). SM sticking his comments in on something is a cheap alternative though.

Yes.

Based on yesterday's thrashing Scott Munn would be far better employed with his head down and arse up focussing on managing Melbourne Heart to get the very best out of everyone associated with the club.

The time to comment on everyone else is when you're top of the heap, not buried at the bottom.

• 1 year later...

Anyone else think Munny should resign?

Problems:

- One of the worst win/loss records in the a-league

- One finals series in probably 4 years in which we got booted out first time around

- Overly positive in the media and is never realistic with the supporters

- Partly responsible for the signing of Aloisi when it was clear Milicic should have been hired

- Runs a club that doesn't value communication with the fans on key issues

- Hasn't sacked Aloisi yet

Board changes occured when Melbourne Demons and Essendon turned to shit occured. I personally think we are in the shit and I don't think we should be any different. For mine, #MunnOut

• Like 1