Melbourne Football

Scott Munn

LR9

Surely there would be an official statement before a cryptic tweet indicating his departure - or at least, that's what should have happened. Still, we had a coach for the initial start up, why not a CEO.

Not unless he has just found out and surely the club cant afford to pay media department to work on weekends

Very interesting indeed. With him not responding to tweets, from loyal supporters who he corresponds with often, this seems to me that he has either been told he has been let go or has decided to quit.

What is going on at the club? There seems to be some issues.

i guess he can't really respond to anyone via twitter until the club has released a statement regarding whether they have decided to sack him.

if that is the case, then i certainly wouldn't be disappointed. Obviously there are certain goals and objectives that need to be met, and despite the fact there have been slight improvements, the board were hoping for more.

Why are people actually happy about this?

Scott is a good bloke, and has done good things for the club.

Easily one of the best CEOs in the league.

no point paying someone for being a 'good bloke'

he has done some good things for the club but at the end of the day we're in a results business and if the club isn't happy with the results then i see no problem releasing players/staff to replace them with someone who will deliver the results the club is aiming for

Scott Munn had his flaws no doubt, and I certainly wasn't his biggest fan.

But if you look at the list of CEOs to have gone through HAL clubs, you'd struggle to find someone who was open and accesible to fans as Scott was.

In the current climate, I think we'd struggle to find a better replacement.

Would be a big loss to see him go...

Well said.

Agree. May have some flaws, but from what I've seen, his enthusiasm for the role has been fantastic.

Football administration in this country at club and league level has generally been poor for many years IMO. I think Munn looks pretty good in that light, and the fact that he doesn't come from a soccer background may be more of an advantage than a disadvantage in some ways. Anyone who has followed the game for a while and seen clubs and leagues come and go should be pretty happy about how the club has been run in it's two seasons. Although with the obvious concern about this year's financial loss looking bigger than expected.

But on the other hand, for the money he'd be on we need a professional operator. If the board thinks they can get someone better, then so be it. It's a competetive industry.

Edited by Sash

Scott Munn had his flaws no doubt, and I certainly wasn't his biggest fan.

But if you look at the list of CEOs to have gone through HAL clubs, you'd struggle to find someone who was open and accesible to fans as Scott was.

In the current climate, I think we'd struggle to find a better replacement.

Would be a big loss to see him go...

This. His engagement with fans was second to none. Seriously one of the most pragmatic and open professionals ive met. Willing to talk to supporters on a relaxed and informal level with and tells it how it is. Much more than i can say for the rest of the Admin staff at our club who are VERY standoffish and borderline dismissive a lot of the time.

He helped the active supporter cause more than most will know and was always willing to make sure our voice was heard at board level

Active support has lost a great ally at our club if he's gone and anybody who says otherwise has no fucking clue what they're talking about.

• Like 5

This. His engagement with fans was second to none. Seriously one of the most pragmatic and open professionals ive met. Willing to talk to supporters on a relaxed and informal level with and tells it how it is. Much more than i can say for the rest of the Admin staff at our club who are VERY standoffish and borderline dismissive a lot of the time.

He helped the active supporter cause more than most will know and was always willing to make sure our voice was heard at board level

Active support has lost a great ally at our club if he's gone and anybody who says otherwise has no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Very well put by you and FB.

I do think people are jumping to conclusions a little too quickly here. Perhaps reading between the lines about of a post on twitter which holds no real weight tbh. I'll believe it when I see it.

But if he has gone, I thank him for his efforts at the club and wish him luck in the future.

Very well put by you and FB.

I do think people are jumping to conclusions a little too quickly here. Perhaps reading between the lines about of a post on twitter which holds no real weight tbh. I'll believe it when I see it.

But if he has gone, I thank him for his efforts at the club and wish him luck in the future.

What if he goes to western Sydney or Newcastle? Will you still wish him luck?

What if he goes to western Sydney or Newcastle? Will you still wish him luck?

I really don't understand the purpose of this post as the answer to your question is fairly obvious mate.

He has done his job for the club, I appreciate this, and hope he sticks around, but if he's left I wish him all the best. Not going to keep tabs on the guy when he's left though, I don't think I really care about him enough to do that anyway.