Melbourne Football

VFA Thread.

cadete

Great win by Collingwood's twos over Port. The streak is over, but Port are still the best team in the comp

FFS worst VFA game I have been to a while...

No AFL Collingwood game in Melbourne + Free VFL Entry + A ground were you can bring in your own beer = A deadly Combo.

Seriously I know tons and tons of perfectly normal Pies fans but I never see them at the Football, I only ever see these Orcs.

Edited by cadete

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/136277/default.aspx

Port commenced their Champions League campaign by sending up basicly their Reserves up to NT to dismantle the NT Thunder by 88 points in the Foxtel Cup.

I have been told are next match should be a CR at an AFL game at the MCG - Most likely against South Adel... should be a great day.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

came on here just to post that. couldn't have picked a worse club :( but happy he's been given a shot anyway, esp a top club.

at least we've managed to keep hold of valenti (touchwood) so far

Lets hope he cracks it into the Pies Seniors straight away and never looks back to ever play any Collingwood VFL Footy against Port...

• Like 1

its quite funny u mention that actually as i got myself a membership for my folks to give me for christmas.

plus $5 entry to away games it's worth every dollar.

change thread title to Borough Thread tbh, let woody talk about his failed club elsewhere :D

Nah Woody deserves to be respected for sticking with the Bras.

Geniunely appreciated.

Goodes on the rookie list at the Dogs with a big opportunity to play senior footy this year can only help you guys further. Not much apart from yourselves standing in the way of a flag.

Bloke I work with and went to school with has been on the Pies VFL list since last season playing twice (I think his debut might have even been against your lot) reckons that they are very very very slow out of the blocks so far. Not that i'd be worrying even if they were on fire.

All on the Zebs heads this season.

Geniunely appreciated.

Goodes on the rookie list at the Dogs with a big opportunity to play senior footy this year can only help you guys further. Not much apart from yourselves standing in the way of a flag.

Bloke I work with and went to school with has been on the Pies VFL list since last season playing twice (I think his debut might have even been against your lot) reckons that they are very very very slow out of the blocks so far. Not that i'd be worrying even if they were on fire.

All on the Zebs heads this season.

The Pies brought our streak to its end last season...

Worst game of the year, even worse than when the Shitgulls Mud almost destroyed my Edwins...

So were his mountain of Frosty's.

VFL+JJ+Liston+Trophy+2OrQ7G0M1e4l.jpg

"You cant take the boy out of Franga/Springvale/Preston/Sandy but you cant the Franga/Springvale/Preston/Sandy out of the boy".

Best Sauts momment was when after Pods kicked a bag of five on debut for Geelong, the next week The Herald did a massive Saturday Morning write up about Sauts possibly being the next big thing to come from the VFL...

That day he kicked a Shitty Two Goals with some umpire assistance as Sandy went down at home to Port yet again... no more was said.

Edited by cadete

• 1 month later...

Interesting. Not sure how I feel about that but I guess it could've been worse. Is that really the only available oval?

Its only the first game against Werribee, and TBH we have not lost there in over 5 years so we really could not have picked a better place for a home away from home. (Except perhaps if the Lakeside Oval was still an Oval.)

Also our third game is in Frankston - I'm gonna do the hour long Neapan Hwy ride for that one. B)

Edited by cadete

At least they didn't change it around so it was a werribee home game and we had ours later in the season.

Would be nice to start the season at home, but a home away from home as you said is not so bad

Tbh outside of sammy leaving we haven't lost a lot of our squad and with lynchy back (is this confirmed? can't find anything about it on the net) so i would expect a strong tilt at the title.

At least they didn't change it around so it was a werribee home game and we had ours later in the season.

Would be nice to start the season at home, but a home away from home as you said is not so bad

Tbh outside of sammy leaving we haven't lost a lot of our squad and with lynchy back (is this confirmed? can't find anything about it on the net) so i would expect a strong tilt at the title.

Batsanis is back - I think Lynch has left the state.

nice, that's even better. i wasn't sure on it but when i read today that lynch was delisted thought that was the one you mentioned.

north port - the only place where killer pythons are an acceptable purchase? :D

Batsy actually won the SANFL Flag last season - He moved over there because a few AFL clubs said it better place to judge if he could make the grade (SANFL being the best State League these days).

When the AFL offers did not come he said he knew straight away he was heading back to Port, he was quoted saying if he chose to play anywhere for life it would be Port. Which is good for us, as TBH we missed a bit of cream on top in our Midfield last year with him and Lynch gone.

nice, that's even better. i wasn't sure on it but when i read today that lynch was delisted thought that was the one you mentioned.

Batsy actually won the SANFL Flag last season - He moved over there because a few AFL clubs said it better place to judge if he could make the grade (SANFL being the best State League these days).

When the AFL offers did not come he said he knew straight away he was heading back to Port, he was quoted saying if he chose to play anywhere for life it would be Port. Which is good for us, as TBH we missed a bit of cream on top in our Midfield last year with him and Lynch gone.

How is the SANFL the best comp out of the state leagues, surely the VFL is a better standard and aided by the fact more AFL players play, which increases the standard of play.

How is the SANFL the best comp out of the state leagues, surely the VFL is a better standard and aided by the fact more AFL players play, which increases the standard of play.

:droy::droy::droy:

You clearly dont watch anywhere near enough State League Footy, the fact that the SANFL is the best State League has been established since about 1996.

The amount of AFL players in a VFL side really has a minimal effect on how good a State League team actually is, what really matters is how many A Grade State Level players a side has and how good they actually are...

Most AFL players playing VFL are the duds who will never make it or those who are playing out the last year of a contract

The SANFL has the largest amount of good State League players as it has the most money in its league due to it being destroyed later by the AFL when compared to the WAFL – And the clubs retaining supporters by not be destroyed by AFL clubs like in the VFL.

For further evidence just compare State Team results over the past 10 years, and attendance figures between the VFL and SANFL.

FWIW the VFA was actually a stronger league before the AFL came in to fuck things up...

Edited by cadete

• 3 weeks later...

VFA going back to the bad old days when practically every Melbourne based side had a VFL team, not just an affiliate.

Sandy's on the point of calling rape, would be a bit different if it wasn't my Saints. If the situation changes i'll get behind Port or the Dolphins.

VFA going back to the bad old days when practically every Melbourne based side had a VFL team, not just an affiliate.

Sandy's on the point of calling rape, would be a bit different if it wasn't my Saints. If the situation changes i'll get behind Port or the Dolphins.

We would welcome u to Droopy's mate. :up: