Melbourne Football

VFA Thread.

cadete

Won for the first time in a while down at avalon yesterday.

6 points clear of footscray, 10 points of Boxthorn and Williamstown with Casey (H), PrestonNorthern Blues (A) and North Ballarat (H) to come.

We need to be four game better team to beat a team with AFL players come the Grand Final.

As it stands you'd likely play the roosters as on form you'd expect the borough to beat them this week and willy to beat your lot. Sandy are a fair chance to beat an inconsistent roosters I'd say so there's a good chance you'd make it through to week 2 and meet the loser of 2nd vs 3rd (probably Willy).

For us if all goes according to plan 'd say we'll play box hill first week; week off; willy in the prelim and footscray in the grand final. Always optimistic!

Going to be an annoying Season...

Borough may have finished on top but they won't be able to beat Footscray when their quality kids return for the Grand Final.

Will the GF, irrespective of the teams involved, definitely be played at concrete mess that is Shitihad as it has been for the last decade or so? 

Fuck me, just play it at NorthPort.

Going to be an annoying Season...

Borough may have finished on top but they won't be able to beat Footscray when their quality kids return for the Grand Final.

Will the GF, irrespective of the teams involved, definitely be played at concrete mess that is Shitihad as it has been for the last decade or so? 

Fuck me, just play it at NorthPort.

It be at Shithad because the game always attracts a lot of AFL onlookers for the day like the Spranger watchers in last year's match...

TBH even I concede that there is no way North Port's amenities could deal with the usual crowd at the VFL Grand Final.

(One of the poor canteen ladies would probably have a heart attack trying to serve the crowds.)

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic day out at Vic Park with a great crowd. 

See you lot next week ;)

I will be at The Valley instead... 

VFA is completely fucked - Port finished on Top of the Ladder again but we still have no chance at winning the flag because we need to be undefeated and a four game better side than the rest to beat the AFL players that come back to play finals.

Also FWIW I have come to the realisation that I really don't like a lot of PPL that go to Borough games so why go to them when I can go to the track instead. (And for those wondering I have heard Racist shit a lot of times down there.)

Edited by cadete

Well I'll be damned, is sandy's favourite son actually travelling?

Losing to boxthorn was pretty disappointing but not surprising. Umpires crucified us but when you've got Grimley and McEvoy up front we were never going to be tall enough. We also seem to lack a forward line other than Connors - shades of 'kick it to Galea under any circumstances'. Bonnadio thinks he's a ruck rover and the ball ends up going over his head half the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Great game until the dogs pulled away in the last 10 minutes. Always going to be hard to compete against blokes that train 5 days a week at afl level BUT credit where credit is due we've had a fantastic season considering everyone wrote us off after our off season departures. Unless they can rope in an experienced head or two in the off season I think we'll see Bonnadio for another year - although his ruck work early 4th quarter got us back in the match.

Disappointed yes but it was always a tough ask and footscray finished with more run and more height than we could.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Cad's post reminded me this needs a bump. Good first week of footy league wide, solid day down the dog kennel. Won't be there to watch PMFC kick off this weekend but confident that if the team gels early we should grab a top 6 if not top 4 spot.

A lot of pressure on an inexperienced forward line but we do have Sandi and Scip down there to help out.

Cad's post reminded me this needs a bump. Good first week of footy league wide, solid day down the dog kennel. Won't be there to watch PMFC kick off this weekend but confident that if the team gels early we should grab a top 6 if not top 4 spot.

A lot of pressure on an inexperienced forward line but we do have Sandi and Scip down there to help out.

It's a shame it's same time as bombers or I would be down there. Should make rd 3 if City aren't playing in Adelaide that night, if not will be a few rounds in til I get to a port game.

• Like 1

Im probably heading down even though being a Borough fan is kind of pointless... beating most teams all season and then losing to AFL fringe players in the finals is getting real old these days.  

Last season was frustrating, although great to see Bonners, Bairdy, Plem etc had to go round one more time. Bonners was cooked, Bairdy did his best as always but couldn't play like he could lead. Plem could've gone another year but you can't begrudge country $$. Connors was fun to watch when he wasn't injured.

I think we'll make finals this year. We recruited pretty well and a fair few kids coming through. Doubt we'll be top 4 tho. Pindick as captain is an intriguing choice. I'm happy just to be watching some decent footy, have a few durries and a borough burger.

For those that haven't seen it:

https://www.facebook.com/TruckHunting/posts/875985265774117:0

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

One of the best wins I have seen from Port at Willy on Sunday... glad I ended up bracing the cold and win.

(How we held on is beyond me - Mind you the Umpires were pretty generous to us in the first term and a half.)

Back at home against Casey this Saturday – Hopefully the new boys continue their solid progress of learning how to play together as a team and we get back to back wins.

• Like 1

Spewing I had Mother's Day commitments and couldn't make it. The last 5 minutes was epic.

We should be favourites this weekend. If he wasn't back last week Pinny should be back to help out Caino. Think Scipione is close to being back too if he's not already.

All our forwards did much better last week so if Scipione returns to form we will look a lot more dangerous up front.

Toby is def is back this week to captain his first official game.