Melbourne Football

MHFC Futsal

puntino

Good to see some brothers being recruited. ;)

GOALKEEPERS

Claudio Palmeri

Dianoosh Rasoulzadeh

Francesco Chiarella

DEFENDERS

Adrian Fruscalzo

Doron (Doz) Pozniak

Muhammed (Moe) Tankir

Luke Cardamone

Gianni Romano

Shayan Rashidi

FLANKERS

David Filonzi

Ilir Pali

Matthew Vragovski

Lev Lewis

Anthony Ramzy

Carlos Munoz

Hamid Hassanikhoo

Konrad Machoy

PIVOTS

Vinicius (Vinny) De Carvalho Leite

Callum Davies

Hossain Mirzaie

http://www.cobrasfutsal.com.au/mhfc/index.php

I wasn't expecting them to be wearing the kappa kits, just wasn't expecting them to be wearing the old stuff, more along the lines of the polo JA was wearing at his press conference.

I'm being nitpicky but the club seems to be doing a lot of little unprofessional things as of late.

Edited by NoMorePineapple

Aub0g0MCAAApqb4.jpg

No Aussie Internationals and one Brazilian based in Sydney.

Had a chat to some of the players at futsal OZ. they were thinking of trying out... but the prize money offered by nike in the V-League is too good... the incentives that the V-league offer to them (free training, drinks, kits, physio, relegation system and prize money) isnt matched or bettered in the F-League.

Not saying that the F-league is shit... just that, Getting the best AVAILABLE players kinda means that the BEST players are already taken.

still cant wait for this weekend! :D

Right, so I done some asking around... and holy shit! the vic vipers play as North Melbourne... with the nick name "the invincibles". and for good reason too... 2 seasons undefeated...

if the MHFC team play as well as these blokes... we'll have a ripper squad!

http://futsaloz.com.au/2011/10/27/the-invincibles-do-the-double/

Adam cooper... at just 18 years old is a fucking superstar!

Nah, its true... And proven.

There will always be the freak exceptions.

Futsalroos lost both there last games to Thailand and Vietnam!

Fwiw, a guy from the Vic vipers scored there only goal against Thailand.

The fitness levels are what make the outdoor players look good.

Nah, its true... And proven.

There will always be the freak exceptions.

Futsalroos lost both there last games to Thailand and Vietnam!

Fwiw, a guy from the Vic vipers scored there only goal against Thailand.

The fitness levels are what make the outdoor players look good.

You can't make a generalisation about everyone.

Although it seems to be the way things go, there's no one or other, there are bits of both.

Fernando De Moraes.

He plays for Vipers and South Melbourne.

Futsal is fast becoming one of Australia’s most popular new sports and at the forefront is the Jaguars Futbol Sala Club.

The club has been in existence since 1999 when futsal was first taking off in Australia and it has continued to grow as the sport has.

This year will mark the Jaguars’ first appearance in the newly formed F-League, the premier futsal competition in Australia.

Club president Jack Dugonjic said it was great to see the sport becoming so popular.

“Its growing like crazy. There are just so many kids playing the sport now and it really builds their technical ability, more than they would get outdoor becuase futsal is played in a smaller space,” he said.

“In Brazil, kids don’t play outdoor until they are 15 or 16 years of age. All they do is play futsal.”

I’d like to develop futsal to be another choice. It’s not necessarily that they have to have played futsal to play outdoor. If you look at our senior team, none of them play outdoors. They just play futsal.

“It really is a sport in its own right.”

The club currently competes in the Melbourne Futsal League, which is the official Victorian competition.

“We have a fairly young team with our average age being 22 so we are looking towards next year and the year after in F-League,” Dugonjic said.

“The winner of the F-League goes into the Asian Champions League so that is our ultimate aim.

“I’m not expecting to dominate the league or anything but in the next year or two I’m certainly looking for the boys to step up and compete.”

Anyone interested in joining the Jaguars or finding out more information about the club’s junior program can contact 0409 556 505 or log onto the club’s Facebook page.

This was written by my mate in the Star Newspaper during the week, it touches on the subject.

Edited by LR9

I never said it was impossible neither... there are freak exceptions.

there's a striker for Ashburton who is also a striker for outdoor team. not the best in the futsal league but is doing well none the less. The sport may have the same rules, but its a different style of game.

but on a different note, I don't think i'll make it to this mornings game. but I'll try make the later one. I have a going away party tonight.