Melbourne Football

Heart young players

Benny_MHFC

just heard that curtis good is on trial with Newcastle United, congrats to him, mixed emotions but it was inevitable. How far can our young players go? Babalj, Goodwin, Behich, Good Hamill, all future socceroos?

A move to Newcastle at this stage would not be a good career move IMO.

just heard that curtis good is on trial with Newcastle United, congrats to him, mixed emotions but it was inevitable. How far can our young players go? Babalj, Goodwin, Behich, Good Hamill, all future socceroos?

Can't see why he would want to move to Newcastle and a bit soon to be calling them all future Socceroos.

Edited by jdavisheart

Valid point...

Esp considering Good is a defender, I think staying in Australia for at least a couple years would be more beneficial than going to the UK too early.

Look at Mate, coming back to Australia’s certainly put his career back on track after things stalled for a while in Europe.

Edited by cadete

Valid point...

Esp considering Good is a defender, I think staying in Australia for at least a couple years would be more beneficial than going to the UK too early.

Look at Mate, coming back to Australia’s certainly put his career back on track after things stalled for a while in Europe.

This is what i meant. Just worded better.

look at kewell, etc.

i still think he should take his chances to go to england. Newcastle has top class facitiles, top class players etc. even if it doesnt work out he could go on loan or move to another club in league 1 or championship

but yeah his only trialing atm, he may not even get offered a contract

Edited by yelawolf

Valid point...

good points, but who knows how many opportunities he will get to trial in europe.

its not like hes guaranteed another trial.

if he does get excepted, he could even come back for a loan for a year as said above ^

good points, but who knows how many opportunities he will get to trial in europe.

its not like hes guaranteed another trial.

if he does get excepted, he could even come back for a loan for a year as said above ^

I swear everyone of your posts is just restating what everyone else above you has said.

Valid point...

I have to disagree with this... I think it's attackers who need to be more established before they head overseas.

Defenders tend to have a 'longer shelf life', and they can afford to sit on the bench and in the reserves whilst the devalopment overseas. And they are usually better for it.

See Neill, Kisnorbo, Herd, Lowry, Cansdell-Sherriff, the McGowans, the Williams', Moore, etc...

Edited by LR9

Curtis Good headin away is awesome news, not just for himself but Heart in general. He's a bright lad and a good defender, still alot to learn. Going to Newcastle would be an amazing experience for the lad, if he comes back, great for us, he's got shown the ropes at a top club and can only have a good impact on his game. if he makes an impression and gets signed? Transfer cash, media exposure abroad, raises profile of the club possibly a new signing. Dont see any down side to this at all

You'd think a club like Newcastle would already have a stack of players at Goods level in their youth ranks

nup! Good beast's everyone :D

i think that Curtis has the commitment, skills, fitness, and anything else you need to be successful overseas.

IMO a move overseas would be something that he will reap rewards from and help him instantly...

just being surrounded by high quality staff and players will give him the platform he needs to take that big step into European football. would be so proud to know a past Heart player was being taught by one of the finest in English football.

would also be a testament to JvS, and his skills to develop and condition young talent.

Edited by nicotera5

Would be better off staying IMO. Game time in A-League > sitting on bench or playing reserve team football in England. But you never know, if he gets a chance and takes it, it could workout very well for him. From the club point of view, we need the transfer fee.

Does he have EU citizenship? Must be if they are bothering to trial him, because he has pretty much no chance of getting a work permit TBH.

Would be better off staying IMO. Game time in A-League > sitting on bench or playing reserve team football in England.

Extremely surprised people say this tbh.

Strongly disagree.

In my opinion, moving overseas for development (provided it is to a reasonably good club) is much more important than playing games in the A-League.

The chance to work with elite staff and players, even just in training, is more valuable than playing in a league of relatively poor standard, where you are likely to play regularly.

The coaching can help work on major aspects of your game, and you can measure up to quality players every day, and even if you don't stay for long, you could have improved on large parts of your footballing ability.

I would much rather play reserves for Newcastle United, then start in the A-League for Melbourne Heart.

Edited by Ellki

would like him to stay with us for next season because we simply won't find another CB of his quality for 47k a year. I hope he gets there one day, but as i've said in another post, we've got a very good group of young players and if we want to be successful and actually win something we need to keep them all together for as long as possible before they head onto bigger and better things. Would want Curtis to stay around for AT LEAST one more season, so hopefully this experience in newcastle gives him the confidence to be an even better player for 2012/13.