Melbourne Football

2019 FFA Cup - Quarter Final - Western Sydney Wanderers @ AAMI Park

mattyh001

12 hours ago, moops said:

Probably the worst team we could have drawn, WSW look very good atm, their foreigners look quality as well.

By far the worst. Remember we lost 1-2 at home against them last time around. And before a piss-poor attendance of 1,800 (FFA) or 4,191 (club) depending on who you believe.

1 minute ago, Harrison said:

If we want to win the Cup, then we have to beat the best teams. No use relying on other teams to knock them out. 

We finally get to test ourselves against a good opponent on a proper pitch. 

Should be interesting. 

I agree. If we want to win any trophy then we're going to have to beat teams such as Western Sydney, Perth, Sydney and Victory, at the very least when we are playing them at home.

Fantastic draw I think, as someone who doesn't overly care about ffa Cup (it's nice if we win, but I don't lose any sleep of we get knocked out) it's a great game to tune us up 2 and a half weeks before the season

I know we have friendly games against aleague opposition but Noone ever knows how serious they are. This will be a good serious hit out 

1 hour ago, citypool said:

You must of missed when we won it a few years back the stadium was the fullest I’ve ever seen it and seeing the lads lift the cup was brilliant. I think the ffa cup is being undersold and it’s a really exciting competition 

The QF against WSW that year was a great game. Jakobsen bicycle kick to open the scoring. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, citypool said:

You must of missed when we won it a few years back the stadium was the fullest I’ve ever seen it and seeing the lads lift the cup was brilliant. I think the ffa cup is being undersold and it’s a really exciting competition 

I once couldn't care less about the ffa cup but it has grown on me in recent years.

As someone who had NFI about the local soccer scene before the a-league it's fascinating to see how diverse and rich in history some of our local soccer clubs really are

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 4

You people should stop moaning about having to pay a handling fee to Ticketek before you've actually obtained your tickets.

I have just printed out my three free ticket entitlement. There is no handling fee whatsoever - the transaction cost nothing and I did not even have to submit my credit card details.

Maybe if you purchase extra tickets there is a handling fee, but not for your member's entitlement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You people should stop moaning about having to pay a handling fee to Ticketek before you've actually obtained your tickets.

I have just printed out my three free ticket entitlement. There is no handling fee whatsoever - the transaction cost nothing and I did not even have to submit my credit card details.

Maybe if you purchase extra tickets there is a handling fee, but not for your member's entitlement.

As I recall there was the same angst a couple of seasons back, and it turned out there was no handling fee then either. 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

What do you mean by you people, huh? 😛

Edited by malloy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Originalmeme said:

id have both us and WSW as favourites tbf. they have put together a very strong squad

On 07/09/2019 at 5:33 AM, moops said:

WSW just signed Jurman, who has been very good for the Socceroos.

One of our bogey teams. Overall we have a poor record against them - 7-4-12. We're going to have to be at our best to beat them.