Melbourne Football

Heart Announces Cuts to Squad

ToonHeart

Colosimo's runs out next season, Thompson and Dugandzic as well, I think Fred was on a 2 year deal also, and unsure what the deal is with Germano, whether he was on 1 year and extended or multiple years.

Zahra and Kalmar I believe have 1 year left each

The squad we have now is at 17 (including Redmayne) with 3 visa spots available (though it is still unclear whether this will be lowered next season or not) so should be a very interesting off season.

I've got my fingers crossed we can pick up some good signings and still leave 1 spot free just in case, might give us the opportunity to sign someone in a similar situation to Madaschi or Reid to a real contract if the opportunity presents itself

From what I gather, that seems about right....

Thompson's contract has already run out, unsure if we will resign him

We need to pick up those good signings now!

AFAIK the players confirmed to be under contract for next season, with the number of seasons still to run in backets, are as follows (alphabetical):

1. Babalj (2);

2. Behich (2);

3. Colosimo (1);

4. Dugandzic (1);

5. Fred (Visa) (2);

6. Germano (Visa) (1);

7. Good (2);

8. Hamill (2);

9. Hoffman (2);

10. Kalmar (1);

11. Marrone (2);

12. Redmayne (2);

13. Williams (2);

14. Zahra (1).

There has been no official announcement on Bolton, Srhoj and Thompson, who have completed their two-year contracts. Bolton is widely tipped to be retiring and is presumably making up his mind about that, and Srhoj and Thompson are presumably being offered extensions to their contracts and are in discussions with the club. IMO it's best to wait until we see something official on these three.

Terra was not used well with all the stupid high balls he had to compete for, and I will be sorry to see him go.

I thought Rutger was our best and most consistent player in season one, but then he got sick and I don't think he has fully recovered.

Taseski I didn't see enough but by all accounts was a skilled player.

The rest,meh.

I thought Rutger was our best and most consistent player in season one, but then he got sick and I don't think he has fully recovered.

Not sure if we're thinking of the same guy, but all I remember from Worm last season is 1 or 2 half decent goals, and him getting stuck in a corner every other week

• Like 1

In hindsight it's a pity that we are paying very high wages to a couple of highly underperforming players when the money could have been used to sign youth players the likes of Goodwin, Walker, Bosnjac, Patterson etc, to name a few on a reasonable wage. I think we would have gotten better value out of one of these.

• Like 1

Alex Terra ---------------------- Crowd favourite, but was competing for positions with too many others. Sad to see him go. May be worth keeping if price was right,

Rutger Worm ------------------ His time had run out. Not enough goals scored.

Maycon -------------------------- Worst purchase EVER!

Kristian Sarkies -------------- Hot and Cold. Best game played was his last game. Injury killed any chance for him to show his worth.

Kamal Ibrahim ---------------- Not much game time.

Kliment Taseski ------------- Not much game time

Nikola Roganovic. ----------- Wasn't even good enough for the bench. VPL at best.

This may free space for Goodwin and Walker. On a whole, the main 15 looks set to remain the same.

AFAIK the players confirmed to be under contract for next season, with the number of seasons still to run in backets, are as follows (alphabetical):

1. Babalj (2);

2. Behich (2);

3. Colosimo (1);

4. Dugandzic (1);

5. Fred (Visa) (2);

6. Germano (Visa) (1);

7. Good (2);

8. Hamill (2);

9. Hoffman (2);

10. Kalmar (1);

11. Marrone (2);

12. Redmayne (2);

13. Williams (2);

14. Zahra (1).

There has been no official announcement on Bolton, Srhoj and Thompson, who have completed their two-year contracts. Bolton is widely tipped to be retiring and is presumably making up his mind about that, and Srhoj and Thompson are presumably being offered extensions to their contracts and are in discussions with the club. IMO it's best to wait until we see something official on these three.

Probably deserving of it's own thread.

If someone can find press releases to confirm the current contracts running on our players, then I'll make a sticky thread with it and it can be updated continously as players come & go at the club.

Probably deserving of it's own thread.

If someone can find press releases to confirm the current contracts running on our players, then I'll make a sticky thread with it and it can be updated continously as players come & go at the club.

Apologies, but I'm afraid I don't have the original press releases - I don't keep them after I've made notes.

Babalj, Behich, Hamill and Hoffman re-signed until the end of the 2012-13 season in late December 2011.

Redmayne signed in January 2012.

Marrone re-signed until the end of 2012-13 in February 2012.

Don't think you'll find an official statement on Colosimo - I'm going on what Scott Munn said in his HeartCast interview.

I feel worst for Kliment, from what i've heard he was a real talent before he got injured. Sounds as though he's giving up on football though, shame really.

Glad we finally got rid of Rutger, interested to see who grabs the remaining visa spots.

Also Maycon unfriended me on Facebook. Shattered.

If a footballer retires after being released from their first club, they don't have what it takes to make it as a professional footballer, regardless of talent.

I doubt Kliment will retire, he'd easily get picked up by a VPL club after he had a very good stint with South Melbourne last year.

If a footballer retires after being released from their first club, they don't have what it takes to make it as a professional footballer, regardless of talent.

I doubt Kliment will retire, he'd easily get picked up by a VPL club after he had a very good stint with South Melbourne last year.

He played at the end of the NYL Season, so if this was the case would he not be in action already?

You never know, footballers get the backpackers itch like other young blokes do...

Just look at Paul Medhurst, guy retired from AFL Football to see the world.

Edited by cadete

Kliment Taseski is apparently on his way to Moreland Zebras...

Hopefully he can restart things there - The poor guy deserves some luck.

Even despite his age, arguably one of the more intelligent blokes in the team. At least he is fit again now, will hopefully come through this season unscathed. So much potential this kid, it's not over yet.

• Like 1