Ando

Vi5it0rs

8 hours ago, Dylan said:

Their proposed academy was knocked back by the council

391383767_BeanMelbCity.gif.b557a1e6d9b4affee64bdab0d9f36cad.gif

Edited by haz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just signed Adama Traore who has been playing in the top flights of Portugal, Switzerland and most recently, Turkey.

All 3 Victorian clubs look pretty strong on paper and I took the liberty of displaying probable starting XI's as the squads seem all but finalised.

lineup.png.5bcdf0b32c51eb7bc9a356e3b3e858c8.png

1647970969_lineup(1).png.616744fa2acfb9be1a122b47d575fbec.png431617911_lineup(2).png.b4f0b545d8451f41ab3a3effcbb85eac.png

It's tricky to properly compare since Cabrera and Luna are still such unknowns at this stage but across all 3 teams, I think we have the weakest starting XI on paper but probably the greatest depth so it'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds. 

I'm honestly convinced all 3 clubs will finish top 6, potentially even top 4.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nate said:

Just signed Adama Traore who has been playing in the top flights of Portugal, Switzerland and most recently, Turkey.

All 3 Victorian clubs look pretty strong on paper and I took the liberty of displaying probable starting XI's as the squads seem all but finalised.

1647970969_lineup(1).png.616744fa2acfb9be1a122b47d575fbec.png431617911_lineup(2).png.b4f0b545d8451f41ab3a3effcbb85eac.png

It's tricky to properly compare since Cabrera and Luna are still such unknowns at this stage but across all 3 teams, I think we have the weakest starting XI on paper but probably the greatest depth so it'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds. 

I think the last few seasons we have proved that depth means nothing in the AL. But I agree with our VISA players. I literally have no idea how we are going to go. Unkown coach plus unknown players

Edited by Dylan

1 hour ago, Nate said:

I don't think WU have a stronger side than us, on paper anyway. Not even that close tbh.

BUT games arent won on paper are they Andy.

Agree with the three vic clubs being strong though, add the two Sydney clubs and that's your top 5 imo.

I look at the Victory starting XI and I just see a lot of question marks. Not saying that they'll have a bad year, but I don't get why anyone thinks their list is stronger than ours. Especially considering I could almost guarantee Toivonen and Kruse will miss a combined 10 games through injury this year.

Regardless, fuck em.

15 hours ago, IssySG said:

I look at the Victory starting XI and I just see a lot of question marks. Not saying that they'll have a bad year, but I don't get why anyone thinks their list is stronger than ours. Especially considering I could almost guarantee Toivonen and Kruse will miss a combined 10 games through injury this year.

Regardless, fuck em.

Their midfield is questionable but on paper they're shaping up to be top 3. Front 3 well proven to be top players in the aleague and defensively with Cory Brown gone and Traore there they look strong. 

Western United doesn't look any better than us but Rudan the cunt proved he can make an average squad work quite well laat season. 

Edited by n i k o

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Their midfield is questionable but on paper they're shaping up to be top 3. Front 3 well proven to be top players in the aleague and defensively with Cory Brown gone and Traore there they look strong. 

Western United doesn't look any better than us but Rudan the cunt proved he can make an average squad work quite well laat season. 

IMO it will, as always, come down to the same old question - can we match the others in motivation? Can we dominate, can we be ruthless? Have we shown that during this pre-season so far?

Not sure about WU, but with Rudan they will exceed expectations what the names on this paper may suggest. Not sure about the 2 Sydney teams but for me Perth will be a top 2 team.  

Not sure what Roar or Adelaide will do but it wouldn't surprise me if they are decent,  so for the first time in many seasons I think the top 6 or 7 will be super close and basically 2 or 3 games will determine the top 4.

Now this is based entirely on names on paper so it can't be wrong. 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

IMO it will, as always, come down to the same old question - can we match the others in motivation? Can we dominate, can we be ruthless? Have we shown that during this pre-season so far?

Not sure. All i know is I'm expecting mildly better football this season but outside of that I'm basically done with any expectations concerning results. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Not sure. All i know is I'm expecting mildly better football this season but outside of that I'm basically done with any expectations concerning results. 

I agree. IMO our squad is solid but not spectacular, the main weakness being that we are underdone in terms of marquees.

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

I think that it's really going to come down to the ability of our coach, as it always has. That has always been our weakest link

true, and in this league especially good coaches have been able to turn ordinary squads into superteams. 

here's hoping!

• Like 2

On 12/09/2019 at 3:28 PM, Nate said:

WU will certainly play 3 at the back. Probably Gulum - Durante - Hamill. Pain likely to be the left sided wide player, Risdon on the right. Midfield is bang on, but they'll play two up front. Yuel has looked good but they need another striker if they're to compete for a top 4 spot. 

As Bela said, how City fares will largely depend on the coaching (good signs early). However I have no faith in that back 5. Jamo is trash, Galloway does nothing to excite me, Delbridge is serviceable and Windbichler is an unknown. Obviously they won't be relying on Bouzanis to save their bacon at any stage either, why they persist with the guy is anyone's guess. 

• Like 1