Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mattyh001 said:

Good deal, $1m for a player only 3 months from end of contract is a sign of too much money from the Arabs. Victory will be laughing

• Like 1

Forgot he was on the pitch against Sydney, on current form I'd take Malik over him. Good business if they got a fee, but having to play Valeri/Broxham in the middle isn't going to inspire.

Pretty sure Troisi moves to one of the marquee slots next season, pretty hilarious if he continues his current form. On paper at the start of the season they looked like they had a pretty strong squad, but Berisha, Milligan and Troisi have all been pretty average and Kosta has only started to hit form in the past month. They've got a lot of players off contract in the off season and you'd imagine Leroy George would be demanding a hefty pay increase. Fun times ahead.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, n i k o said:

So the tards are rebuilding. We've often used the 'rebuilding' stage as a reason for our lack of success. Will they also try use this season as a build up for the following or will they expect and be pushing for title contention. 

Have we? I don't recall that ever being used?

Unless you are talking about the fans perhaps making excuses when we turn the team over, but tbh im not sure turning over is quite the same.

12 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Have we? I don't recall that ever being used?

Unless you are talking about the fans perhaps making excuses when we turn the team over, but tbh im not sure turning over is quite the same.

Should have clarified. By rebuilding I mean Wazza coming in, signing new players, removing existing unwanted players. So yeh it's sort of a rebuild. I heard it on more than one occasion that this coming season is on Wazza etc. etc. basically shifting the expectation that we shouldn't by pushing for the title for many circumstances (this occurred more so when these people realised we weren't going to win the title) 

Edited by n i k o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 5:42 PM, haz said:

Berisha gone to Japan confirmed

Victory do have quite a 're-build' to do. Maybe they should ask us for advice? We always seem to re-build for each season

Stefan Nigro is the latest player to leave - gone to Brisbane.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Stefan Nigro is the latest player to leave - gone to Brisbane.

Most of their up and coming youth as well. Add in Williams too and they're bare bones right now

Edited by haz

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

All but secured Honda which is a huge missed opportunity from us yet again

CFG are running their business, why spend $3m on a player when they could get someone just as effective and proven (George??) at 30% of the cost.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, haz said:

CFG are running their business, why spend $3m on a player when they could get someone just as effective and proven (George??) at 30% of the cost.

I tend to agree with this. I'll still be pissed off with Victory getting Honda because of the wankfest that will follow,  but I'm pleased with our signings so far and our best option is to build a team that's going to be successful rather than pin our hopes on a single player who attracts a lot of hype.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, haz said:

George is going to have second season syndrome. It will be a huge mistake to sign him. But I guess it will fit in with or existing marquee flop policy

25 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

Risky move unless they can offload Troisi and free up the other marquee spot for a proven quality striker.

I think there is a poetic justice with Troisi and Victory now being stuck together. Troisi backing out on City was truly a blessing in disguise. Hope the toad enjoyed watching the world cup from his living room.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, pattyd89 said:

Honda in one year deal. $3m - FFA half Fox sports half.

Huge signing. Their biggest ever. 

Goes without saying it also reflects badly on CFG, who have just effectively made at least 10M on Arzani and seem to have no intention of spending it. 

Edited by Shahanga

• 2 weeks later...