Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In saying this the High Court found that the Constitution has implied Human Rights, how they found this is a bit beyond me but they did.

Throughout history the Australian High Court has tended to find a lot of things in the Constitution that are very hard to find.

Anyway we also have other key pieces of legislation that protect Human Rights like the Equal Opportunity Act – We don’t need a Bill of Rights, they can often cause more trouble than they are worth such as the Gun Issue in the States.

I agree. We do pretty well without a Bill of Rights.

By formalising rights into one document, you might protect the rights you want to recognise, but there's also things which can be left out, or can't be forseen. A Bill of Rights drafted in 1901 would have things in it which would probably be irrelevant today and miss things which would be important.

The US amendment giving people the right to bear arms is a great example. There were reasons for it at the time, but it's now used wrongly so that even the smallest steps towards gun control which could reduce the ability of criminals or nutcases to kill innnocent people face enormous difficulties.

Edited by Sash

What was that Magilton doing, letting us down like that? - of the 30 minutes I saw they actually looked like a football team. If they keep playing like that we might actually need more points then we currently have to finish above them in the league. Plus what was the story with hernandez- were KFC shut last night?

Cue the journos talking up their title chances now after their "one in a row" winning streak.

• Like 1

I hope Victory win a few games and finish 5th, behind us in 4th so we play in a knockout finals match. These games have 2 legs iirc, would be epic.. 2 derbies within 7 days at AAMI and Etihad.

EDIT: Cammo, I heard HK was their 2nd choice as Hoffman is on international duty.

Edited by marteaux

no they do not have 2 legs. the only 2 legged game is the game between 1st and 2nd

I’m going with Brisbane with a narrow win - there was too much to like about them last week - but should the visitors create an upset they will put themselves well in the finals mix.

also had a bit of a chuckle at this from Mel's preview for this weekend lol

ily Mel <3

Edited by yelawolf

They're still f*cking whining. Saying respect to F-Side / VAK410, "Yarraside are sh*t at it, They butchered it for 40 minutes straight", funniest thing is I have informed mates from VAK410 & F-Side & they're f*cking wrapped with the effort & length of it. (this is a cue for MV.net to keep whining to cover this up)

Also did lol at one of the lads on MV.net saying how singing the same thing for 40 minutes ruins a song. Jesus Christ, back to AFL lad.

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 1

Seriously couldn't give a fuck what they are saying on MV.net.

They will say that no matter what happens.

When we win the league one day, they will be going on how we shouldn't have and how they should have won it. Etc etc.

They are the visitors.

• Like 1

Apparently the Mongs were so butthurt at the last derby about being called Visitors on the scorebaord, they sooked to the FFA and got them to ask our club to take it down at half time.

What a bunch of fucking princesses :lol: :lol: :lol:

we should have kept it up, because they are the visitors and dont deserve their name on the scoreboard