Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

8 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

It seems to me like they aren't the biggest fans of untested overseas players, it seems like the only players they are linked with are guys like Carrusca, Martinez, Vidosic, who are all good but not great  players that know the league. Unlikely we'll see them buying unheard of guys that no one knows, who could bomb but could be great. Playing it very safe.

Well tbh they would nearly have to go for unknowns or previous A League players given they'll be under the cap.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Well tbh they would nearly have to go for unknowns or previous A League players given they'll be under the cap.

That's true, but the point I was trying to make was that it's unlikely they'll go for unknowns,  they seem to prefer ex players more than anything else

• 3 weeks later...

Going on from an early discussion on the main board, found an interesting post from the WSW forum re Victory and their cap...

Being in the ACL they've probably got a big outside the cap bump for 6 match payments.

Also, lol @ Troisi the flog, could have been playing in the Premier League.

Victory Cap status would look something like this:

Two marquees (Berisha & Milligan)

Cap for 17/18 is at least $2.85 million, it might even be a little bit more than this.

Marquees:
1. Berisha
2. Milligan

Homeground Players - $150k outside the cap for players U23 from Youth team. One on 41k minimum, 2 on 55k minimum for 20+ and you have no cap exposure.
3. Christian Theoharous
4. Thomas Deng
5. Stefan *****

Loyalty Players - $200k outside the cap as a percentage from 25% to 50% for 5-10+ years at club
6. Broxham - 12 Seasons - 50% outside the cap. He could be on $350k with only 175k counted in cap.
7. Jason Geria - 6th season - 25% outside the cap. I'd think he'd be on around 175k. 25k outside cap, 150k inside.

If Broxham is on less than 350k, you could bump up the amount Geria has outside the cap, to add it to the rest of the money below.

Mature age Rookie - Not included in the cap or the player roster. Could be used to reduce cap exposure by signing one of these in place of a 21/22/23rd squad player, or adding a 24th squad member for more squad depth. 
8. It wouldn't be hard to find someone. I might pick up a 3rd keeper for this spot especially if my youth keepers were still too young to risk playing them in the A-League.

So far your squad is made up of:
2 Marquees - Outside cap
2 Loyalty Players - $325k in the cap.
1 Homegrown U20 Player - Outside cap
2 Homegrown U23 Players - Outside cap
1 Mature Age Rookie - Outside Cap - Used as "26th" squad member.

8 Players

That leaves you with 2.52 million.
Add 2 u20 players - $83,066 - 3 U20 spots filled - 2.43m left - 10 players total
Add 8 first team minimum wage players - $445,720 - 1.98m left - 18 players total (16 out of 23 first team)

You need to fill 7 spots with 1.98 million. Your first 11 already has 2 marquees and 2 loyalty players, which means 7 players left, with an average of about 280k which is very doable. If you have trouble, just sign 1 less minimum wage player and you can give another 55k to a good player. If you take this 1.98 million for 7, and reduce it to 6 players minus Troisi's 570k, you can still spread 1.39 million for the other 6, which is a 230k average.

And finally, these figures only apply to the A-League (and maybe FFA Cup, although FFA might allow teams to include some bonuses specifically for this competition, I'm not sure). It doesn't apply to the ACL, as far as I know players will receive additional match payments for playing in the ACL, and clubs may possibly add in some more bonuses to attract new players.

• Like 1

Something like this:

Thomas

Geria - Williams - Deng - Broxham

Valeri - Milligan - Sanchez

Barbarouses - Berisha - Troisi

That is a very strong team, but their bench looks a little suspect (Acton, Donachie, Ingham, Austin, Nigro.) If they added another one or two solid replacements then I'd be worried, but with ACL commitments and the FFA Cup they might be susceptible to injuries. 

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

Something like this:

Thomas

Geria - Williams - Deng - Broxham

Valeri - Milligan - Sanchez

Barbarouses - Berisha - Troisi

That is a very strong team, but their bench looks a little suspect (Acton, Donachie, Ingham, Austin, Nigro.) If they added another one or two solid replacements then I'd be worried, but with ACL commitments and the FFA Cup they might be susceptible to injuries. 

With two VISAs to go, they will only get stronger. I think we are quite far behind.

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

I dont think their two visa will be much chop at all tbh. They've got sweet FA left to spend imo...

You did the math a couple of posts ago. If they cheap out on 4 of those remaining 6 spots, they could probably spend $300k - $400k on each. Most of the time I would say a VISA player is 70% more likely   to be better then an Australian in that position.

1 minute ago, haz said:

You did the math a couple of posts ago. If they cheap out on 4 of those remaining 6 spots, they could probably spend $300k - $400k on each. Most of the time I would say a VISA player is 70% more likely   to be better then an Australian in that position.

That post just assumes an average though, not what's already signed up and allocated ie it shows how a team could be built.

So Kosta, Williams, Donachie, Valeri and Sanchez already occupy 5 of those spots and only x amount of the base wage players have been filled. I doubt any of them are under 200k, so that could be at least 1mil of the 1.39 mil gone. Sure they can save on offering less of the base wage players, but that money wont go overly far. 

• Like 1

A best starting XI

--------------Galekovic--------------------------------

Geria/Muscat--Williams--Jakobsen----Jamieson

----------Kilkenny----Milligan--------Sanchez/?--------

Barba------------Berisha/Bruno-------------Troisi

• Galekovic is better then Thomas but of course thats if he actully plays
  • Cant compare Bart because I dont know how good he is
  • Cant compare with Sanchez because I dont know how good he is and which player we have there
  • Considering Brandan is injured, Troisi is better then Kamau and Arzani
  • Currently Barbajhghf is better then Fitzy (although I can see Fitzy becoming better this season)

As @Harrison said though, their bench is weak, but with 2 more VISAs it will push some better players to the bench.

Edited by haz

On 16/08/2017 at 6:12 PM, bt50 said:

Going on from an early discussion on the main board, found an interesting post from the WSW forum re Victory and their cap...

Being in the ACL they've probably got a big outside the cap bump for 6 match payments.

Also, lol @ Troisi the flog, could have been playing in the Premier League.

Victory Cap status would look something like this:

Two marquees (Berisha & Milligan)

Cap for 17/18 is at least $2.85 million, it might even be a little bit more than this.

Marquees:
1. Berisha
2. Milligan

Homeground Players - $150k outside the cap for players U23 from Youth team. One on 41k minimum, 2 on 55k minimum for 20+ and you have no cap exposure.
3. Christian Theoharous
4. Thomas Deng
5. Stefan *****

Loyalty Players - $200k outside the cap as a percentage from 25% to 50% for 5-10+ years at club
6. Broxham - 12 Seasons - 50% outside the cap. He could be on $350k with only 175k counted in cap.
7. Jason Geria - 6th season - 25% outside the cap. I'd think he'd be on around 175k. 25k outside cap, 150k inside.

If Broxham is on less than 350k, you could bump up the amount Geria has outside the cap, to add it to the rest of the money below.

Mature age Rookie - Not included in the cap or the player roster. Could be used to reduce cap exposure by signing one of these in place of a 21/22/23rd squad player, or adding a 24th squad member for more squad depth. 
8. It wouldn't be hard to find someone. I might pick up a 3rd keeper for this spot especially if my youth keepers were still too young to risk playing them in the A-League.

So far your squad is made up of:
2 Marquees - Outside cap
2 Loyalty Players - $325k in the cap.
1 Homegrown U20 Player - Outside cap
2 Homegrown U23 Players - Outside cap
1 Mature Age Rookie - Outside Cap - Used as "26th" squad member.

8 Players

That leaves you with 2.52 million.
Add 2 u20 players - $83,066 - 3 U20 spots filled - 2.43m left - 10 players total
Add 8 first team minimum wage players - $445,720 - 1.98m left - 18 players total (16 out of 23 first team)

You need to fill 7 spots with 1.98 million. Your first 11 already has 2 marquees and 2 loyalty players, which means 7 players left, with an average of about 280k which is very doable. If you have trouble, just sign 1 less minimum wage player and you can give another 55k to a good player. If you take this 1.98 million for 7, and reduce it to 6 players minus Troisi's 570k, you can still spread 1.39 million for the other 6, which is a 230k average.

And finally, these figures only apply to the A-League (and maybe FFA Cup, although FFA might allow teams to include some bonuses specifically for this competition, I'm not sure). It doesn't apply to the ACL, as far as I know players will receive additional match payments for playing in the ACL, and clubs may possibly add in some more bonuses to attract new players.

I don't think that is how the cap works.... 

My understanding is the players registered with the team to play in the A-League and FFA Cup have their wages (and non exemp benefits) count towards the cap regardless of what the remuneration is for.

Also I believe the cap is only breached when the payments exceed the cap and not if the club is obligated by contracts to pay more than the cap at the start of the season. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Are you kidding, its horrible. Cheesy AF

I think it's pretty good tbh. Although I've only just noticed the stars in the blue patch, which look shit. Would be better as solid blue.

46 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Wtf are you on about!? It's probably the best kit in the league

Definitely wouldn't go that far. I'd say our home kit has that position easily covered.

15 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I think it's pretty good tbh. Although I've only just noticed the stars in the blue patch, which look shit. Would be better as solid blue.

Definitely wouldn't go that far. I'd say our home kit has that position easily covered.

200.gif.30cd27c28e5aa46949fe276da865861b.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Come back go me in three years and we will see how those stars have dated. 

are they stars or is it supposed to reflect the stadium? The are so fucking insecure about being tenants its not funny

Edited by Dylan

• 2 weeks later...