Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

47 minutes ago, IssySG said:

Hope they enjoyed watching Connor Metcalfe and Jordan Bos putting on an exhibition and Jamie Maclaren bagging a hat trick from the bench.

One team in Melbourne.

I wonder how many of them could bring themselves to cheer the current and former City players. It's just a shame that Aziz didn't score right in front of them

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 17/01/2024 at 3:01 PM, belaguttman said:

More shonky corporate owners who are obviously flying too close to the sun and will get burned. The League doesn't need more instability at this stage

All other things aside, IMO this news is very disturbing.

14 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Aren't they also bidding for Everton in the EPL?

I think so. Could torpedo the proposed new Everton stadium. Football is in danger of being ruined by foreign "investment." It's becoming a house of cards.

I reckon the A-League and FA need to act now and cut their coats according to the cloth. 

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I think so. Could torpedo the proposed new Everton stadium. Football is in danger of being ruined by foreign "investment." It's becoming a house of cards.

I reckon the A-League and FA need to act now and cut their coats according to the cloth. 

Football ownership has become the 'go to' industry for reputation laundering, and probably money laundering.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

Channel 9 news are reporting that MVC fans bashed Sydney FC fans including the marshalls walking the Sydney FC fans back to the CBD. The A-League are of course washing their hands of the matter.

There's video of it. Aren't Victory on a $500,000 suspended punishment after the "bucket derby?"

7 hours ago, belaguttman said:

10 point deduction😂♥️

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

There's video of it. Aren't Victory on a $500,000 suspended punishment after the "bucket derby?"

The fine was $550k with $100k being suspended and a 10 point penalty also being suspended, both for three seasons. BUT this only gets triggered if there is a pitch invasion or officials, including players or coaches, are assaulted inside the ground. Because this happened outside the grounds, I don't know that this would trigger the penalties.

Having said that, I would not trigger the suspended sanctions. Instead, MVC must install cameras at AAMI so that all patrons entering the ground will be recorded and just make it easier for the police to identify them. It would also make it easier for the thugs to be handed down with a five year ban from all sporting stadiums.

4 hours ago, NewConvert said:

The fine was $550k with $100k being suspended and a 10 point penalty also being suspended, both for three seasons. BUT this only gets triggered if there is a pitch invasion or officials, including players or coaches, are assaulted inside the ground. Because this happened outside the grounds, I don't know that this would trigger the penalties.

Having said that, I would not trigger the suspended sanctions. Instead, MVC must install cameras at AAMI so that all patrons entering the ground will be recorded and just make it easier for the police to identify them. It would also make it easier for the thugs to be handed down with a five year ban from all sporting stadiums.

I'm at a loss to know what to do with this club. I used to think that it was essential to the health of the League but now I'm not sure. It's tough for any club to control what goes on away from the environs of a stadium. At the bucket derby it was obvious that the in-ground security was totally inadequate. Was this the case for the MV/Sydney match but outside the ground? Were there sufficient police on duty? There used to be lines of police outside the ground for the early derbies we had, and also at least one match against WSW, and the mounties at Richmond Station, and it seemed overkill at the time. Have the police let their guard down?

I don't know. Maybe we'd be better off without MV.

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I'm at a loss to know what to do with this club. I used to think that it was essential to the health of the League but now I'm not sure. It's tough for any club to control what goes on away from the environs of a stadium. At the bucket derby it was obvious that the in-ground security was totally inadequate. Was this the case for the MV/Sydney match but outside the ground? Were there sufficient police on duty? There used to be lines of police outside the ground for the early derbies we had, and also at least one match against WSW, and the mounties at Richmond Station, and it seemed overkill at the time. Have the police let their guard down?

I don't know. Maybe we'd be better off without MV.

I still think that they are and eliminating the club invites those thugs to join other clubs. The hard task is identifying them and ensuring that the law keeps them under their thumb. Alex Agelopoulus, aka Bucket Man, did not serve jail time but a community based order. I would have added a conviction (prevents him flying to many overseas locations), a ban from all sporting stadiums for five years, and to report on Friday & Saturday evenings to police at 19:00 hours at say Melton police station to enforce the ban. Same with all the other dickheads.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2024 at 6:00 PM, NewConvert said:

The hard task is identifying them

Considering they go to every game and stand in the same spot holding up a huge banner with their name on it it really shouldn't be that difficult. Everyone at the club knows exacly who they are