Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

55 minutes ago, Le Hack said:

Not only the a league clubs getting affected by councils. My club, Lilydale Eagles in Churches shares the same two fields with another two VCFA clubs. We all play on Saturdays at 1pm and 3pm. 8 teams all up have to share the ground. Yarra Ranges council won't find any of us a new field and expect us to use local high schools AFL ground which is ripped up, has a concrete cricket pitch in the middle and grass is weeds and rarely mown. Make matters worse they won't replace three lights blown on one of the fields so can hardly train there. But they seem to bend over throwing money at the AFL clubs in the area, and Monbulk SC mainly as Deputy Premier is the elected member. Sucks

That stinks.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Le Hack said:

Not only the a league clubs getting affected by councils. My club, Lilydale Eagles in Churches shares the same two fields with another two VCFA clubs. We all play on Saturdays at 1pm and 3pm. 8 teams all up have to share the ground. Yarra Ranges council won't find any of us a new field and expect us to use local high schools AFL ground which is ripped up, has a concrete cricket pitch in the middle and grass is weeds and rarely mown. Make matters worse they won't replace three lights blown on one of the fields so can hardly train there. But they seem to bend over throwing money at the AFL clubs in the area, and Monbulk SC mainly as Deputy Premier is the elected member. Sucks

Don’t even get me started on this. Been a part of Maroondah United (formerly Croydon Ranges) for the past 6 years. Maroondah council will do anything to avoid giving any funding to fixing our ground situation. Ridiculous how good Monbulk’s facilities are compared to anyone else

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

This is really bad for the League - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-27/melbourne-victory-booted-out-of-footscray/11741114

IMO the League and the individual clubs need to get together and develop a workable plan for academy, training facility, and own stadium, for each of the clubs in the League. Otherwise we'll be picked off one by one.

It never ceases to amaze me how I can drive down what seems to be a residential street in my area and suddenly come across a full-sized oval, complete with goal posts and change rooms, barely used a couple of times a week by some local fourth grade Aussie Rules or cricket club and the rest of the time by local dog-walkers, and yet A-League clubs are struggling to find a home.

And when I pick up today's Hun in the coffee shop and find multiple pages on the AFL draft, one article on Leigh Broxham of MV, and not a mention of City, I have further evidence of what an uphill battle we face.

I agree. Whats more I live in Footscray - have for over 40 years. And the fuckers stop just about everything - they stopped teh council from collecting parking fares and so now the council is accruing $6M a year in debt because people get pissed off if rates rise. And the bloody thing is that the area to be redeveloped is a dump.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bt50 said:

Same here. Can understand why it was given, but a bit harsh for mine.

In the “seen them given” category. 
Like you guys Given he was going for the ball a yellow seemed ok even if the outcome was shocking (boot to face) but red was possible. I’ve seen worse decisions on a football field.

anyway sucked in Tards

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tbh im a bit jealous that their board are not afraid to sack and make changes when their team is doing shit.

If we were in their position our coach wouldn't leave till his contract expires

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, haz said:

Tbh im a bit jealous that their board are not afraid to sack and make changes when their team is doing shit.

If we were in their position our coach would leave till his contract expires

Agreed! But equally finding a good replacement now will be a bit tricky, so far Victory have appointed Magilton and Durakovic mid season and they've both proved awful appointments (maybe Muscat was mid season too? Can't quite remember) 

Now am I the only one wondering about why they signed Rojas? Isn’t he a winger?

Easily the best thing about their current squad is their front 3, including a couple of A League standout wingers in Nabboutt and Kruse.  Why sign another winger on big dollars? What about the engine room of midfield?

Are they mad or have I missed something?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Easily the best thing about their current squad is their front 3, including a couple of A League standout wingers in Nabboutt and Kruse.  Why sign another winger on big dollars? What about the engine room of midfield?

That’s what I thought as well League is pace and power and their current crop of Basha, Poulsen, Broxham are not good enough. That would have been the first thing I would have addressed not another winger when they have a good crop of them 

19 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Want to do a JVS and lose every game 6-5

49 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

They seem to be a bit obsessed with their ex players, which is fair enough to some extent, but they can't bear the thought of one of their legends coming over to us, so they've offered an excessive contract in a position we don't need.
Maybe we planned this all along knowing what theyre like? EIther way its a win-win for us cos if we'd got him we'd have been wrapt, and if we didnt its forced them to allocate a big chunk of cap to a player they dont need.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

They seem to be a bit obsessed with their ex players, which is fair enough to some extent, but they can't bear the thought of one of their legends coming over to us, so they've offered an excessive contract in a position we don't need.
Maybe we planned this all along knowing what theyre like? EIther way its a win-win for us cos if we'd got him we'd have been wrapt, and if we didnt its forced them to allocate a big chunk of cap to a player they dont need.

Nabbout off contract most of their squad is over 20 players so probably build a team around Kruse and Rojas next season 

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

and made their already thin midfield and defence even thinner. They also have ACL this year too