Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So, how does this go down with our dear friends Victory and FFA? The star marquee recruit being paid A$2.9m for one season named as General Manager of the Cambodian National Team. https://www.a-league.com.au/news/victorys-honda-lands-new-job-cambodian-national-team

Ill make my decision after I see him play.

Just one reason why getting a big name marquee isnt always the best (although I will probably eat my words when he scores a hatrick against us in the derby).

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to lie, if we'd signed Honda and then he'd agreed to manage the Cambodian National Team and said to the media he was planning on retiring before he was approached by the club I'd be pretty bloody concerned right now... (Now that I've said this he'll win the Johnny Warren medal and the golden boot)

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Not going to lie, if we'd signed Honda and then he'd agreed to manage the Cambodian National Team and said to the media he was planning on retiring before he was approached by the club I'd be pretty bloody concerned right now... (Now that I've said this he'll win the Johnny Warren medal and the golden boot)

Reported By Japanease meadia he has asked Muscat a favour to be a "volante" (freelance, do as you please) Midfielder.

If he asked that of WJ hed be in the same boat of Marcin - on the bench

13 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Reported By Japanease meadia he has asked Muscat a favour to be a "volante" (freelance, do as you please) Midfielder.

If he asked that of WJ hed be in the same boat of Marcin - on the bench

Which translates into 'never tracking back'

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

A like for this isn't really enough appreciation of this post.

Edited by Tommykins

22 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Obviously this can be spun any way you like depending on your opinion. 

But for the amount of money is being paid and it only being a 1 year deal it's a massive gamble by the tards. Add to that they have lost a big number of their core, Honda instead of being a cherry on the cake is probably going to have carry the team. It's Almost the same as when ADP was here. 

Imagine having ADP in Arnolds Sydney FC side.

• Like 2

Tbh i think the Cambodia thing is a bit of a nothing and there's not that much of an issue with it.

I do reckon on the limited evidence ive viewed he seems like a bit of a twat that likes to drink his own bathwater, perhaps not dissimilar to a certain number 17 that used to play for us and might cause a bit of unrest in the dressing room, but that's obviously speculative.

Visitors had a 0-0 draw with Bentleigh last night with a reasonably strong line up.

Mathew Acton
Storm Roux
Corey Brown
Thomas Deng
Leigh Broxham
Terry Antonis
Carl Valeri
James Trofuckwit
Kosta Barbarouses
Kenny Athiu
Jai Ingham

Lawrence got subbed on in the second half and Honda wasn't on the bench. So Really they went in almost full strength. Made this point on a different thread but even though they did sign Honda I truly believe they're going to struggle this year. They lost a lot of their better players and replaced them with average ones (honda not included obviously). Maybe I'm biased but thats honestly how I see it.

[inb4 preseason friendly and it doesnt mean anything]

Edited by IssySG

On 8/16/2018 at 0:23 PM, IssySG said:

Visitors had a 0-0 draw with Bentleigh last night with a reasonably strong line up.

Mathew Acton
Storm Roux
Corey Brown
Thomas Deng
Leigh Broxham
Terry Antonis
Carl Valeri
James Trofuckwit
Kosta Barbarouses
Kenny Athiu
Jai Ingham

Lawrence got subbed on in the second half and Honda wasn't on the bench. So Really they went in almost full strength. Made this point on a different thread but even though they did sign Honda I truly believe they're going to struggle this year. They lost a lot of their better players and replaced them with average ones (honda not included obviously). Maybe I'm biased but thats honestly how I see it.

[inb4 preseason friendly and it doesnt mean anything]

You're forgetting that they have a much better coach then us

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Trying to part ways with Honda. Have found that he hassnt resulted in much of an increase at all in terms of membership Attendance etc.

Time to end this experiment IMO. Hasn't worked, or at least not much of an effect, with either Cahill or Honda. Just allow three marquees per club would be a far better option.

The problem is - we may have a "new" FFA Board - well, sort of - but all our other old favourite dinosaurs such as Gallop and O'Rourke are still entrenched in their positions.

20 hours ago, jw1739 said:

The problem is - we may have a "new" FFA Board - well, sort of - but all our other old favourite dinosaurs such as Gallop and O'Rourke are still entrenched in their positions.

That won't matter when we establish the independent league commission. FFA will have no say on those matters. 

Rule changes will be made by the clubs. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't mind either of the signings but I think they both come with a fair bit of risk. Kruse has probably only played one (?) full season since he left the A-League due to injury and his last game was in February, while Nabbout wasn't ever more than a squaddie in Japan. 

Edited by Tommykins

1 hour ago, Nate said:

Signed Kruse and Nabbout now.

With those two alongside Toivonen, they have the strongest front 3 so far.

Kruse is a virtual nobody these days. Valued the same as Cabrera on transfermarkt, less than Craig Noone and Jamie Maclaren and way less than Adrian Luna.

IMO if Mombaerts can sort out our attack to play to its strengths we'll be very competitive.

33 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Kruse is a virtual nobody these days. Valued the same as Cabrera on transfermarkt, less than Craig Noone and Jamie Maclaren and way less than Adrian Luna.

IMO if Mombaerts can sort out our attack to play to its strengths we'll be very competitive.

Transfermarkt values have about as much merit as me discussing FIFA overall ratings - it's fun but it doesn't really mean anything.

Kruse has had inept performances for the national team, sure but he's been capped 75 times ffs. He certainly isn't a nobody, and he's certainly proven himself at A-League level before too and comes back to the league not too old.

I think our front 3 will fire too but on paper, Victory look very good up front. We have them covered in midfield and defence for now at least.