Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Victory have signed Rhys Williams. Thomas Deng returns from PSV Eindhoven and Max Beister has returned to Mainz 05.

Beister? Without knowing much that seems very odd.

He must of left his wallet or phone in his locker.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

OK, I'll bite. Beister was on loan from Mainz. What have I missed?

I just assumed he wasn't what they expected and sent him back mid loan last season which why now it seems odd he would return. 

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I just assumed he wasn't what they expected and sent him back mid loan last season which why now it seems odd he would return. 

You haven't misread it have you? He's returned to Mainz, not returned to MV.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Embee said:

Perhaps I'm being an absolute cunt, but am I the only one who's extremely irritated about this who Barbarouses saga?

Is allowed to walk away from a marquee contract without his club receiving any compensation and sign for the league runners up. And people get annoyed about the shit we pull.

The sooner this league allows transfer fees the better. Can't expect teams like Wellington and Newcastle/Central Coast to be competitive when players keep walking away for nothing.

100% agree. Does anyone know the actual reasons for him leaving the Nix? I heard a rumour that it was because his girlfriend didn't like Wellington. Pissweak if true.

2 minutes ago, Embee said:

Perhaps I'm being an absolute cunt, but am I the only one who's extremely irritated about this who Barbarouses saga?

Is allowed to walk away from a marquee contract without his club receiving any compensation and sign for the league runners up. And people get annoyed about the shit we pull.

The sooner this league allows transfer fees the better. Can't expect teams like Wellington and Newcastle/Central Coast to be competitive when players keep walking away for nothing.

We could have pulled the same stunt with Anthony Caceres, and there would be no "Caceres rule." IMO Barbarouses should not be allowed to play for Victory for one season.

1 minute ago, GreenSeater said:

100% agree. Does anyone know the actual reasons for him leaving the Nix? I heard a rumour that it was because his girlfriend didn't like Wellington. Pissweak if true.

Isn't he a Kiwi anyway?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Pretty sure that's the case, and if it's true I agree it's pissweak.

Just now, Hellenic Hero said:

Kosta is on a very low contract apparently, still got room for a big marquee plus two other visas.

as if he's going from marquee money to fuck all, money was the reason he left in the first place
2 kiwis in the squad, can't imagine rojas would be on small money either 

7 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

He left because of his girlfriend not liking Welly

So he left Wellington because of his partner to return to the tards for less cash?

Barbarouses is very up and down and his down is very average. He takes up a visa spot so it's not a big worry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Embee said:

You know its wrong when even the Tard supporters agree that the deal was not right. Why the fuck can't we have transfer fees? Can someone please enlighten me with possible reasons why FFA don't do these?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, haz said:

You know its wrong when even the Tard supporters agree that the deal was not right. Why the fuck can't we have transfer fees? Can someone please enlighten me with possible reasons why FFA don't do these?

cos they're fuckin retarded homie

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone happen to watch "The Force: Behind The Line" just then? A guy was busted for possession of prohibited substances in a home raid. The geezer had a Victory tracksuit top. Some great publicity for the mongs and now l know how they can afford memberships.

Edited by Tony999

• 3 weeks later...

Rojas off for a medical with a Dutch club.

Losing their 2 best from last season is gonna take some time for them to get their recruits up to speed. Normally they'd just pillage the best players from Brisbane, but their isn't anyone of not worth taking anymore.

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Rojas off for a medical with a Dutch club.

Losing their 2 best from last season is gonna take some time for them to get their recruits up to speed. Normally they'd just pillage the best players from Brisbane, but their isn't anyone of not worth taking anymore.

Not to mention that their best two players were both under the cap. They're in serious trouble atm, albeit they still have a marquee and 3/4 visas up their sleeve.

Best XI is something like

Berisha
? - ? - Barbarouses
? - Valeri
? - Williams - Donachie - Geria
Thomas

with Acton, Deng, Broxham, Nirgo, Ingham, Austin as backups. Milligan likely takes the other CDM spot.

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Not to mention that their best two players were both under the cap. They're in serious trouble atm, albeit they still have a marquee and 3/4 visas up their sleeve.

Berisha
? - ? - Barbarouses
? - Valeri
Thomas

with Acton, Deng, Broxham, Nirgo, Ingham, Austin as backups. Milligan likely takes the other CDM spot.

That actually isn't a bad team tbh- predict they'll be near the top again

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Berisha
? - ? - Barbarouses
? - Valeri
Thomas

That actually isn't a bad team tbh- predict they'll be near the top again

Just now, Hellenic Hero said:

They have a marquee spot left?

Which accounts for one of those 4 spots, in which all likelihood will be Milligan at CDM. Valeri and Berisha arent getting any younger and imo Donachie and Geria are only average at best.

Just now, bt50 said:

Which accounts for one of those 4 spots, in which all likelihood will be Milligan at CDM. Valeri and Berisha arent getting any younger and imo Donachie and Geria are only average at best.

It seems to me like they aren't the biggest fans of untested overseas players, it seems like the only players they are linked with are guys like Carrusca, Martinez, Vidosic, who are all good but not great  players that know the league. Unlikely we'll see them buying unheard of guys that no one knows, who could bomb but could be great. Playing it very safe.