Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Irks me that this scum has a game in hand again like last season. And again it's against a bottom team that they have to make up the game. 

But they have to make it up three days before the Christmas Derby don't they? On top of that, three points already in the bag is always worth at least as much as three points still up for grabs. The latter can always turn out to be 1 or 0 after all (although, I agree, unlikely in this case). Plus the match in hand almost always means a congested fixture list, with the attendant possible injury and recovery issues.

That's right but my point is last season they played a terrible Brisbane Roar twice in one week and bagged both points. This year they'll play a completely undermanned Perth. They good thing for us is like you said it's a few days prior to the derby. Right now we're 2 points behind which gives a perception we're close. My point is psychologically it's better for them to keep fighting to stay on top while they still have a game in hand. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2015 at 7:43 PM, Shahanga said:

These guys didn't have much depth did they? Losing 1 starting XI player in Valeri and suddenly they aren't at the boat races. 

Melbourne Valeri.

Lol at their piss weak attempt of a tribute as well

Edited by Dylan

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Will the A League judiciary have the kahunas to investigate the penalty that the tards got in the last game? 

Is there still a provision to suspend players who win a penalty by diving? Hasn't been used (to my knowledge) since that Brazilian journeyman at CCM spat the dummy for being suspended.

didn't adelaide's jeronimo neumann cop a ban? remember there was a shitstorm after adelaide played wellington at home pretty sure

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its funny how media personalities etc are jerking themselves at how good they were in the second half last night. No one has mentioned how that was one of the most nerve racking poor performance from a team in CCM. Their possession would have been around 20%, pass possession would have been less than 50% and were essentially inexperienced players. In the end the most important stat was the score 3-3. Too good. 

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Its funny how media personalities etc are jerking themselves at how good they were in the second half last night. No one has mentioned how that was one of the most nerve racking poor performance from a team in CCM. Their possession would have been around 20%, pass possession would have been less than 50% and were essentially inexperienced players. In the end the most important stat was the score 3-3. Too good. 

I'm no fan of Geelong, but answer me honestly - do you think we could have come back from 0-3 down in the same circumstances?

53 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm no fan of Geelong, but answer me honestly - do you think we could have come back from 0-3 down in the same circumstances?

Honestly, two months ago my answer would be no. I do beleive we have turned a corner with our mentality though so now I think it's possible. There's no doubt the visitors played well in the second half which clearly affected the opposition but the performance from CCM is not being spoken about. The last few minutes for example a defender with no one around him boots the ball out for a throw, a young keeper doesn't claim an aerial ball that's within a few steps of him. My point is no one (those so called analyst experts) is talking about these things. 

And I would bet that if we did come back from a position like this these things would be mentioned.  

Edited by n i k o

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Honestly, two months ago my answer would be no. I do beleive we have turned a corner with our mentality though so now I think it's possible. There's no doubt the visitors played well in the second half which clearly affected the opposition but the performance from CCM is not being spoken about. The last few minutes for example a defender with no one around him boots the ball out for a throw, a young keeper doesn't claim an aerial ball that's within a few steps of him. My point is no one (those so called analyst experts) is talking about these things. 

And I would bet that if we did come back from a position like this these things would be mentioned.  

Quite frankly I have my doubts. When I reflect on the fact that Newcastle have scored a measly 9 goals this season, 3 of them at AAMI Park to beat us after we led 3-2, and that we appeared to have absolutely no fight in us whatsoever that day - well, I don't have the confidence that we could.

27 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Quite frankly I have my doubts. When I reflect on the fact that Newcastle have scored a measly 9 goals this season, 3 of them at AAMI Park to beat us after we led 3-2, and that we appeared to have absolutely no fight in us whatsoever that day - well, I don't have the confidence that we could.

Show me one victree supporter that didn't have doubts wether they would comeback at half time last night. Of course there's there is doubts given that scenario no matter who it is.  Regarding us I see two parts to the season so far, pre WSW and post WSW. Of particular note having our backs against the wall against the tards, a match we would have lost at every time during our past and holding on. Or being 2-0 down against Brisbane and showing a huge effort in the second half to raise intensity and basically fight to get the match back, and in turn scoring a goal. Against Sydney showing determination to get on with the game and keep going for the winner even until the last minute. These are signs that are beginning to prove this team believes and backs itself. It's not perfect yet but it's enough for me to think that at the very least we would give it a good go. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, n i k o said:

Show me one victree supporter that didn't have doubts wether they would comeback at half time last night. Of course there's there is doubts given that scenario no matter who it is.  Regarding us I see two parts to the season so far, pre WSW and post WSW. Of particular note having our backs against the wall against the tards, a match we would have lost at every time during our past and holding on. Or being 2-0 down against Brisbane and showing a huge effort in the second half to raise intensity and basically fight to get the match back, and in turn scoring a goal. Against Sydney showing determination to get on with the game and keep going for the winner even until the last minute. These are signs that are beginning to prove this team believes and backs itself. It's not perfect yet but it's enough for me to think that at the very least we would give it a good go. 

It helps your confidence when you look forward and see Tuna, a man who can score a goal from nothing  and then back and see Sorenson, a man who has been a pro for close to 20 years and at times seems capable of stopping anything.

With those 2 in your side why wouldn't you #believe? It has to give the other 9 a lift.

Just now, Shahanga said:

It helps your confidence when you look forward and see Tuna, a man who can score a goal from nothing  and then back and see Sorenson, a man who has been a pro for close to 20 years and at times seems capable of stopping anything.

With those 2 in your side why wouldn't you #believe? It has to give the other 9 a lift.

Absolutely. I'm sure there's other positions where there's faith and belief in each other...Mooy, Franjic, Zullo, Paartalu, Novillo etc And I'm sure these guys plus the ones you've mentioned feel they can rely on some of the younger guys as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

If there is any further proof needed that our Tard neighbours are delusional it's this gem of a comment on 442 regarding Broxham re-signing "The offers from Asia would surely have come, but with three kids on the way I can imagine he'd want to stay put with the club and city he knows and loves."

Offers from where in Asia? Chinese Taipei? East Timor? Macau?

• Like 1