Melbourne Football

Whats the last movie you watched?

DutchPride

• 1 month later...

Haha my bad. VII looks like it will be ordinary 😳

Why do you think that? I'm a bit of a star wars nut, have a good handle on the lore surrounding the film etc. and I think it's shaping up to be super interesting. So I'm curious as to why it looks like that from a casual view.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see what happens in the film, but they better do a good job explaining why that storm trooper dude is african-american black rather than a maori clone of Jango Fett. I'm concerned about the continuity. Apart from that wetting myself with excitement!

Clones were decommissioned before episode IV as they aged very quickly and were  too costly for the expanding empire. It's a lot cheaper to just put a civilian through the academy. It's also the in universe explanation for why the Clones are so much more competent than the average Stormtrooper. Stormtroopers were more or less blokes off the street chucked in armour, whereas clones were genetically engineered soldiers who trained for years before being put on the front line. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Star Wars was brilliant. There'll obviously be critics as there are for every movie, but I thought it was amazing.

When buying my ticket, this bloke was tryna troll by saying a spoiler out loud on purpose. But he was just joking thank god and it wasn't an actual spoiler. Don't think he had watched it yet anyway.

2 hours ago, hakz7 said:

Star Wars was brilliant. There'll obviously be critics as there are for every movie, but I thought it was amazing.

When buying my ticket, this bloke was tryna troll by saying a spoiler out loud on purpose. But he was just joking thank god and it wasn't an actual spoiler. Don't think he had watched it yet anyway.

What was his fake spoiler? 

Yeah saw Star Wars 11:15 last night at Jam Factory gold class (I can't sit in a tiny chair for 2+ hours so I need my big biceps resting on nice suede). 

Was OK. I feel like it was shortened with a lot more action packed into the 2 and a bit hours. Isn't the usual run-time for Star Wars films close to 3 hours? 
I feel like films are generally getting shorter and shorter thanks to people having the attention span of a gold fish lately (growing cases of ADD internationally, etc) 

Saw every twist (there was only 1 really) coming. Ending was shit but of course leaves it open for George Lucas to fill his pockets with the hard earned money of the middle-class consumer. Can't wait for the next one

Forgot to add, saw it at a cool old cinema. They had a bar in the actual cinema in the bottom corner, rather than the lobby like you'll have in a big modern cinema (though it closes as soon as the movie starts). Even better, they also had a male toilet with just a urinal in it with the door to enter it also directly in the cinema so you only miss like 15 seconds if you need to piss rather than like 3 minutes walking to the toilet at Hoyts or something. 

Seriously why don't they have this shit in modern cinemas? 

9 hours ago, strider said:

Yeah saw Star Wars 11:15 last night at Jam Factory gold class (I can't sit in a tiny chair for 2+ hours so I need my big biceps resting on nice suede). 

Was OK. I feel like it was shortened with a lot more action packed into the 2 and a bit hours. Isn't the usual run-time for Star Wars films close to 3 hours? 
I feel like films are generally getting shorter and shorter thanks to people having the attention span of a gold fish lately (growing cases of ADD internationally, etc)

No. All around 2 hours and a bit.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tesla said:

Forgot to add, saw it at a cool old cinema. They had a bar in the actual cinema in the bottom corner, rather than the lobby like you'll have in a big modern cinema (though it closes as soon as the movie starts). Even better, they also had a male toilet with just a urinal in it with the door to enter it also directly in the cinema so you only miss like 15 seconds if you need to piss rather than like 3 minutes walking to the toilet at Hoyts or something. 

Seriously why don't they have this shit in modern cinemas? 

Was this somewhere near Camberwell?