Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

On 17/01/2019 at 11:15 AM, Vass46 said:

Shame - what happened? No motivation, injuries or something else?

The impression I got is that Eli thought his natural talent would be enough and hard work wasn’t required.

A pity, he certainly had talent, but lacked the hunger.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We'll never know of course, but WTF did we bother to sign this bloke in the first place? What a waste of everyone's time and money.

Another Joyce mystery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Is that some sort of NPL pre-season match? Nothing on the Youth twitter that I can see. Must be Bruno's first match since November - I wonder whether it signals a return to some sanity in the stand-off?

It must be as the npl starts next week.

16 minutes ago, citymad said:

City will lose all of these players if they don't start getting A league time. That is certain. It should not be just cellar dweller A league clubs that play youth. 

Then wait for the complaints that all we are is a puppy farm.

It's just not possible to retain all the promising players that the club finds and develops.

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I see Lesiotis on the bench with Victory again. Is there any more information on this transfer? Did we release him, wasn’t he on a contract with us?

As far as I know, he was on a youth contract with us and he was offered a senior contract by victory. I'm not sure of the rules but we have to be a fairly shit club not to release him especially when he was nowhere near our first team 

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I see Lesiotis on the bench with Victory again. Is there any more information on this transfer? Did we release him, wasn’t he on a contract with us?

7 minutes ago, neio said:

As far as I know, he was on a youth contract with us and he was offered a senior contract by victory. I'm not sure of the rules but we have to be a fairly shit club not to release him especially when he was nowhere near our first team 

I'm not sure that you are correct there. Transfermarkt has him transferring from the City youth squad to the seniors for 2018/19.

It is very difficult to follow the youth players. as the City web-site is never up to date and movements are rarely announced. Some youth players appear to have been put on senior contracts for very short periods so that we have maintained the squad minimum of 20 players.

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm not sure that you are correct there. Transfermarkt has him transferring from the City youth squad to the seniors for 2018/19.

It is very difficult to follow the youth players. as the City web-site is never up to date and movements are rarely announced. Some youth players appear to have been put on senior contracts for very short periods so that we have maintained the squad minimum of 20 players.

Lesiotis was never a senior player. That’s why his departure wasn’t announced. 

27 minutes ago, Originalmeme said:

Lesiotis starts for victory.  What went wrong with him, obviously a quality player.  Starting over Honda and Hope

Honda is just coming back and hope is useless

Lesiotis was in a long line of midfielders we have. Not saying he isn't talented or anything but what stuck out for me was round 1 was only game he got for us, and that's when we had 8 players on young socceroos duty. So someone decided that we had 8 better young guys than him 

46 minutes ago, Originalmeme said:

Lesiotis starts for victory.  What went wrong with him, obviously a quality player.  Starting over Honda and Hope

Muscat and the Tards are in a much better position than we are - they can afford to introduce a young player into the starting line-up. Ironic isn't it - the stronger your squad is, the easier it is to promote a young player. Shows the wisdom of the "Sydney Strategy."

• Like 1

The time has finally come and we can now discuss Bruno as a former City player. Really disspointing. I find it further annoying that the clubs official release on the club website is extremely brief and doesn't explain anything at all about the reason of his termination. It just c fucking irritates me. 

• Like 1