kingawesomeness

The "Where are they now?" thread

1,385 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, millm103 said:

Just flicked on the Rangers/Hearts match and Aaron Hughes is running around for Hearts. Commentators mentioned he just signed a new one year deal 

Do not believe

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colosimo and Sarkies at Dandy Thunder. Saw them last night for our NPL game. Also roddy vargas is there too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kewell looks set to sign as manager of Crawley Town in league 2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2017 at 2:10 PM, Jovan said:

(mauk) To be dragged in his first league game at half time is pretty much how below the standard necessary. 

For his sake and FWIW after his cheapshot I'm no fan I hope he sticks it out and battles and works super hard. If he returns for an easy contract he will never get another chance. 

At least he can get that European Kontiki tour cheap now, without having to pay the fare from Australia.  

Seriously though his attitude (as it appeared in that interview) to being told where he needed to improve was terrible.  There I was thinking he was going to Europe to get better as a player, but apparently he was going over there to show them how good he already was.

 I must say I'm not shocked by his attitude, but its still frustrating to see a young player squander their opportunity due to their arrogance and sense of entitlement.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched James Brown and Jason Trifiro play for Nunawading against Eastern Lions today. Got spanked, I left at 5-1 down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germano and Mass have been dominating for Avondale. Germano in particular is somewhat of a cult hero at Avondale.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a chat with Callum Richardson last night, my cousin is dating him so he came to a family function. He's playing for Green Gully now, but more importantly he told me some very interesting things about the squad in 15-16.

Apparently Bruno and Mooy were great blokes, far and away the hardest working/ most professional at the the club. Mooy a bit shy, but both friendly and approachable whilst being good role models.

Novillo on the other hand was a bit of a weird character, seemed to be the troublemaker of the club. Often was punished at training for ill-discipline, and a couple of younger guys (Retre and a youth player who has since left) were told to stay away from him for he was a bad influence.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Had a chat with Callum Richardson last night, my cousin is dating him so he came to a family function. He's playing for Green Gully now, but more importantly he told me some very interesting things about the squad in 15-16.

Apparently Bruno and Mooy were great blokes, far and away the hardest working/ most professional at the the club. Mooy a bit shy, but both friendly and approachable whilst being good role models.

Novillo on the other hand was a bit of a weird character, seemed to be the troublemaker of the club. Often was punished at training for ill-discipline, and a couple of younger guys (Retre and a youth player who has since left) were told to stay away from him for he was a bad influence.

 

Green line for this insight

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet that youth player was zinni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I bet that youth player was zinni

I sent him a text, he said it was either zinni or espindola, he can't remember

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Had a chat with Callum Richardson last night, my cousin is dating him so he came to a family function. He's playing for Green Gully now, but more importantly he told me some very interesting things about the squad in 15-16.

Apparently Bruno and Mooy were great blokes, far and away the hardest working/ most professional at the the club. Mooy a bit shy, but both friendly and approachable whilst being good role models.

Novillo on the other hand was a bit of a weird character, seemed to be the troublemaker of the club. Often was punished at training for ill-discipline, and a couple of younger guys (Retre and a youth player who has since left) were told to stay away from him for he was a bad influence.

 

Ok, my thoughts....

There's nothing here that's really surprising is there. 

All you've done is name dropped someone for info about players who aren't even at the club now anyway. 

All I've taken from this is: 'shit, Callum Richardson has a big mouth.'

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rass said:

Ok, my thoughts....

There's nothing here that's really surprising is there. 

All you've done is name dropped someone for info about players who aren't even at the club now anyway. 

All I've taken from this is: 'shit, Callum Richardson has a big mouth.'

Meh, last paragraph was interesting. Take or leave the rest of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Meh, last paragraph was interesting. Take or leave the rest of it.

Not really, Novillo's bad attitude and ill discipline has been discussed on here multiple times. As far as some of the younger guys being told to keep away, that's hardly surprising and I'd expect that happens more than you'd think at football clubs.

Non-story.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Embee said:

Not really, Novillo's bad attitude and ill discipline has been discussed on here multiple times. As far as some of the younger guys being told to keep away, that's hardly surprising and I'd expect that happens more than you'd think at football clubs.

Non-story.

Probably right TBH, on reflection the only part that I was interested in was the younger lads being told to keep away, but if that's a constant occurrence then it's not the most groundbreaking news of all time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Just like how we have told you to keep away from @strider 

the day u become a mod is the day ur dead in my eyes, we dont need another JW or Malloy in this world

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, strider said:

the day u become a mod is the day ur dead in my eyes, we dont need another JW or Malloy in this world

Thank you for that Strider. You're determined to walk the tightrope, aren't you?.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, strider said:

the day u become a mod is the day ur dead in my eyes, we dont need another JW or Malloy in this world

You wouldn't mind me as a mod actually, as 99% of the time you crack me up, so you'd Get a lot more likes than bans.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, millm103 said:

Hughes started for Northern Ireland last night 

IMO this guy took us for a ride for a whole season. Shows how weak our management is.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2 June 2017 at 0:40 PM, Hellenic Hero said:

Had a chat with Callum Richardson last night, my cousin is dating him so he came to a family function. He's playing for Green Gully now, but more importantly he told me some very fucking obvious things about the squad in 15-16 that have not only been discussed in length on this forum but in the media too.

Apparently Bruno and Mooy were great blokes, far and away the hardest working/ most professional at the the club as confirmed by every person on this forum many times. Mooy a bit shy, but both friendly and approachable whilst being good role models.

Novillo on the other hand was a bit of a weird character, seemed to be the troublemaker of the club according to him and every other person connected to the Aleague in general. Often was punished at training for ill-discipline, and a couple of younger guys (Retre and a youth player who has since left) were told to stay away from him for he was a bad influence.

 

Couple minor edits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

IMO this guy took us for a ride for a whole season. Shows how weak our management is.

Seriously.

Do you honestly think a seasoned pro (ex epl and international) would willingly sit on the bench for pretty much an entire season.

I think its more people underestimate the hardness of the grounds especially in summer. These Europeans have played entire carrers on soft pitches and being over 30 its much harder to adapt. 

Be interesting to see how many games Jakobsen will play.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Seriously.

Do you honestly think a seasoned pro (ex epl and international) would willingly sit on the bench for pretty much an entire season.

I think its more people underestimate the hardness of the grounds especially in summer. These Europeans have played entire carrers on soft pitches and being over 30 its much harder to adapt. 

Be interesting to see how many games Jakobsen will play.

Should we water the grounds more ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jovan said:

Seriously.

Do you honestly think a seasoned pro (ex epl and international) would willingly sit on the bench for pretty much an entire season.

I think its more people underestimate the hardness of the grounds especially in summer. These Europeans have played entire carrers on soft pitches and being over 30 its much harder to adapt. 

Be interesting to see how many games Jakobsen will play.

At the time I would have thought exactly the same - no. But to see him still playing really does make me question just what was going on while he was with us. Especially when he was called up for international duty whilst unable to even get as far as our bench (28th March 2016).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

 But to see him still playing really does make me question just what was going on while he was with us. Especially when he was called up for international duty whilst unable to even get as far as our bench (28th March 2016).

He was fully fit and training well for the final 2 months of that season. JVS for some reason just wouldn't select him.

He has just signed a new 1 year deal at Hearts where his coach says he is an important player and leader on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

He was fully fit and training well for the final 2 months of that season. JVS for some reason just wouldn't select him.

He has just signed a new 1 year deal at Hearts where his coach says he is an important player and leader on the field.

So, Hughes in 2015/16, Sorensen in 2016/17. What a waste of visa and salary cap space. No wonder Khaldoon al Mubarak said what he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-29 at 0:32 PM, Hellenic Hero said:

Germano and Mass have been dominating for Avondale. Germano in particular is somewhat of a cult hero at Avondale.

yeah, trained with them a couple times last year while playing for avondale ressies. Those two are seriously class. Dont know how they do half the shit they do

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I really don't think Hughes was at fault at all. I think it was more one of those baffling coaching decisions. 

Without reopening the Koren saga but one does wonder wtf was going on.

Last season Fernando wasn't started for at least 4 or 5 games when to everyone he was the best option. Then Fitzy when he found form was dropped and struggled to start. Sorensen not being the starting keeper. Chapman making his move and then leaving us badly short manned. Caceras barely getting a sniff. Then playing players that deserved a rest, Brattan after his Thailand excursion. Kamau after his head knock. Muscat. 

Some of the decisions have been completely bewildering and from my point of view very few of the were caused by the players and rest solely on poor management.

On reflection IMO you're absolutely right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duff and Garcia were on the same team in the Carrick testimonial last night. Garcia was a close friend of Carrick for those who didn't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hakz7 said:

Duff and Garcia were on the same team in the Carrick testimonial last night. Garcia was a close friend of Carrick for those who didn't know.

Without bothering to google it I assume that means Garcia went through West Ham youth? I know he played at Colchester for a while cause the old man supports the U's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Without bothering to google it I assume that means Garcia went through West Ham youth? I know he played at Colchester for a while cause the old man supports the U's

I had to google it and yes, he was in West Ham youth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Without bothering to google it I assume that means Garcia went through West Ham youth? I know he played at Colchester for a while cause the old man supports the U's

Does he remember the old ground in Layer Road? I lived in the road next door to the ground for a year or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Does he remember the old ground in Layer Road? I lived in the road next door to the ground for a year or so.

Yea he speaks very fondly of Layer Road, he and my uncle were both pretty big Colchester fans but left for London in the 80s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hakz7 said:

Lol

Hahaha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hakz7 said:

Lol

I loved Super Dave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now