Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Well, well. That is a revelation! Some fans said he was a walking red card, but many of us would have loved him to stay. Six matches and scored twice.

I think he was somewhat a walking red card, but i think can also somewhat be chalked up to 'over exuberance' in attempting to impress.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

we don’t need a RB with Atkinson and Galloway ??

Yeh pass for me i think. Past his best.
I wouldnt be horrified if we signed him cos one of the other two had already told the club theyre leaving, but i think retaining Atkinson in particular is a priority for me.

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Yeh pass for me i think. Past his best.
I wouldnt be horrified if we signed him cos one of the other two had already told the club theyre leaving, but i think retaining Atkinson in particular is a priority for me.

Speculating that Atkinson or Galloway are leaving?

51 minutes ago, neio said:

Atkinson should be our number 1 priority to sign, unless he goes overseas he has to be a city player next season 

Yep Atkinson is the main priority already a star and only going to get better as well as that he’s a homegrown player so wage is outside the cap 

3 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Mooy gone to Shanghai

Insanity given the standard he reached while still in his prime.

Hope he enjoys the $$$ and having Oscar and Hulk as teammates as he's been a fabulous enough player to earn that but yikes. Definitely shouldn't be an automatic starter for the Socceroos now unless he really makes big waves. At least he's playing for the good Shanghai club over there.

Would rather him playing 90 minutes week in, week out at centre midfield in China than playing occasionally on the left or right at Brighton. Lallana's arrival spelled the end of his time, but disappointing that he didn't end up at Villa, Leeds, Fulham or West Brom where he'd be an improvement on what they have.

Perth signed Daniel Margush a few months back, who's probably a decent investment for the future. As much as I dislike Reddy, you can't go past his longevity at this level and although not a star he's relatively consistent and provides us with a monumental brain fart every season.

Tando is a model pro and would probably be happy to get another contract anywhere, even if it's another season on the pine, but it looks like we're in for Matthew Sutton from the Visitors as our backup keeper.

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Perth signed Daniel Margush a few months back, who's probably a decent investment for the future. As much as I dislike Reddy, you can't go past his longevity at this level and although not a star he's relatively consistent and provides us with a monumental brain fart every season.

Tando is a model pro and would probably be happy to get another contract anywhere, even if it's another season on the pine, but it looks like we're in for Matthew Sutton from the Visitors as our backup keeper.

Probably cheaper that’s why 

On 19/09/2020 at 3:46 PM, citymad said:

I seriously heard that Ross was on the piss every night while he played for city. I expect he will continue that fine tradition at Aldershot

Can’t imagine (if it was true) Wazza knew.

His feet wouldn’t have touched the ground (about the only thing I liked about Wazza).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Can’t imagine (if it was true) Wazza knew.

His feet wouldn’t have touched the ground (about the only thing I liked about Wazza).

Ross was an old campaigner, he could sink ten pints on a school night and not feel a thing. Plus he was mega lazy at training. But he could score a goal and get fans through the gates.

He can stay me thinks..

• 2 weeks later...