Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

21 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

Shayon Harrison scoring in consecutive games for Almere City in the Dutch 2nd Division, against Volendam on the weekend and Ajax u21 the week before. 

I'm glad he's doing well. Maybe he would have been a better winger to have than Cabrera.

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I get sentimental over those old Heart days. Was a real club then.

No, it wasn't. It was a franchise owned by a consortium of property developers who minimally capitalised and minimally invested in the team and who appeared to have little understanding of football. They sold to an even wealthier consortium. We've never been a real club. It is what it is though.

Edited by belaguttman

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Safuwan scored for Singapore in their 2-1 win over Palestine in their World Cup qualifier. I never understood why we (Heart) didn't sign him, for at least one season anyway.

I get sentimental over those old Heart days. Was a real club then.

Lol safuwan never played for heart. Played in our first season as city.

5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Lol safuwan never played for heart. Played in our first season as city.

I get the nostalgia towards heart but we have been longer City and as the years pass Heart will become a smaller and smaller part of the history. 

The only thing that has been a constant is how shit we have been.

3 hours ago, belaguttman said:

No, it wasn't. It was a franchise owned by a consortium of property developers who minimally capitalised and minimally invested in the team and who appeared to have little understanding of football. They sold to an even wealthier consortium. We've never been a real club. It is what it is though.

Here me out we way not be a club and the a league may be a recycle league with no promotion and relegation but I went to a match in England you pay thousands to see these millionaires play. While the a league isn’t perfect it’s our league and I like the European league but we need to be proud of our own as well 

13 minutes ago, citypool said:

Here me out we way not be a club and the a league may be a recycle league with no promotion and relegation but I went to a match in England you pay thousands to see these millionaires play. While the a league isn’t perfect it’s our league and I like the European league but we need to be proud of our own as well 

It is what it is. Every club can't be a StPauli or Union Berlin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, haz said:

Perth Glory recruit Bruno Fornaroli cannot wait to end his 11-month A-League exile when the new season kicks off this weekend.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/a-league-exile-almost-over-for-fornaroli-532038

This club is a joke, seriously, and to think some people living in their distant make-believe dimension believe that it was ok to have the best striker in the league not on the pitch makes me want to throw up.

The whole situation was Illogical,  irrational and unforgivable.

Hope he kills it this season.

• Like 1

Playmaker , there are two sides to every story/ fight and we as fans do not know exactly what happened  so placing the blame on the shoulders of the club is in my opinion wrong.

Or placing the blame on any ones shoulders without corroborated evidence is akin to slander so be very careful .I was as upset about the whole thing as were many fans but as i said before we do not know for sure what really happened.

• Like 1

Dylan Pieras subbed on as forward for the gypsy 

Brenton Speed quote after coming on "didn't get much of a chance under Warren Joyce..... Where have we seen that before?" 

Pieras was subsequently through on goal moments later as the lead striker, beat the keeper via a chip one on one only to hit the bar

Makes you wonder 

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 2