Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

2 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Does anyone think that could be the end for Ross? He looked extremely unfit and disinterested at the Mariners and the story was the same at Motherwell. He turns 33 in August and if he decides to go elsewhere it'll be at a fraction of what he's earnt the last few years. I just can't see anyone willing to take a punt on him and/or him being motivated to put in a big pre-season for a pittance when he's just received a huge payout from Villa.

He will find a home in Scotland on reasonable money at a pretty solid team I'd say 

15 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Does anyone think that could be the end for Ross? He looked extremely unfit and disinterested at the Mariners and the story was the same at Motherwell. He turns 33 in August and if he decides to go elsewhere it'll be at a fraction of what he's earnt the last few years. I just can't see anyone willing to take a punt on him and/or him being motivated to put in a big pre-season for a pittance when he's just received a huge payout from Villa.

Im sure MLS will come calling

5 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Yes, true. I think it says more about the quality of the current socceroos than it does about redders

Wouldn't have got a game of Arnold wasn't coach. I know Ryan and langerak wasn't available but there are definitely other options who are better 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HughJass said:

From the Dutch article looks like still doing his badges so don't know 

Old Gerald is a bit of a free spirit. He was some sort of assistant at a Dutch club shortly after he retired. Next thing I saw he was driving a truck somewhere.

• Thanks 1

On 13/06/2019 at 9:50 AM, jw1739 said:

Old Gerald is a bit of a free spirit. He was some sort of assistant at a Dutch club shortly after he retired. Next thing I saw he was driving a truck somewhere.

Oh I totally forgot about the truck driving thing. I thought that was Rutgers worm for some reason 

1 hour ago, haz said:

Sad reacts only :(

20190625_083447.jpg

This will always be such a low for this club. When he scores at AAMI (I suspect he will) I will be there to applaud him no matter his colours. I suspect he will be very respectful about it.

With the lineup Perth have Bruno should thrive. I hope to see him have another stellar season - he deserves as much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

This will always be such a low for this club. When he scores at AAMI (I suspect he will) I will be there to applaud him no matter his colours. I suspect he will be very respectful about it.

With the lineup Perth have Bruno should thrive. I hope to see him have another stellar season - he deserves as much.

He's looking skinny in the picture too. What happened to the all the skin folds I wonder

37 minutes ago, moops said:

Bruno Fornaroli says he’s never experienced a pre-season like he has with new club Perth Glory.

The way they are training is unbelievable, like I have never seen before,” Fornaroli 

What, no skin fold tests?

Certified bullshit that statement haha

41 minutes ago, moops said:

Bruno Fornaroli says he’s never experienced a pre-season like he has with new club Perth Glory.

The way they are training is unbelievable, like I have never seen before,” Fornaroli 

What, no skin fold tests?

Warning: Viewer advice: Unpopular post below.

TBH, I think I'm well over Bruno Fornaroli. It takes two to tango. Joyce may have caused the stand-off, but Bruno played his part. As City fans we idolised him, but the idol had feet of clay.

Idolisation or worshipping other people is not a healthy relationship in the first place. Mental or emotional pain which always follows is not in fact caused by the idol.  Be happy and enjoy the game and focus on soccer field activities. No need to bad mouth anyone who left for whatever reason. 

8 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Caceras signs 2 year deal with the smurfs.

We never seemed to get the best out of Anthony. I thought that he was going to be a certain starter for us, but he went off to the Middle East and never got back into favour. IMO we wasted his talents.