Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

5 hours ago, malloy said:

It is down to his poor attitude towards playing/training.  

If that's the case, then doubly frustrating. The number of young players over the years that I've seen with talent but not application or attitude... For fans like me, particularly galling, since I'd kill for a fraction of that talent, and even once to have the chance to run out for my team... 

• Like 4

Don't know where all this love affair with him comes from as with him in the team we leaked goals. Sure he did a few nice things but in reality he was shit and had an attitude problem.

Good NPL player and that's about it.

Still wish him well though as with every player

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Don't know we're all this love affair with him comes from as with him in the team we leaked goals. Sure he did a few nice things but in reality he was shit and had an attitude problem.

Based on what I saw at a couple of Bentleigh Greens matches, Ruon would need to work a lot harder on the field to even feature in the NPL. There's some pretty handy footballers playing in the NPL, and I suspect some prefer that plus a real job or a uni degree to being a so-called "full-time professional."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Lesiotis, who featured in our bench during the round one derby, is the first player to make the switch from us to victory if he makes a debut. 

Victory certainly know how to do it, don't they. Get Fox/FFA/League to pay the bulk of the salary of their superstar import, and leave enough cap space to pick the eyes out of the mid-season transfer opportunities.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, playmaker said:

Don't know we're all this love affair with him comes from as with him in the team we leaked goals. Sure he did a few nice things but in reality he was shit and had an attitude problem.

Personally I don't think he was suited to CB, he got put there because of his height, he looked more of a defensive midfielder to me.

19 minutes ago, moops said:

Personally I don't think he was suited to CB, he got put there because of his height, he looked more of a defensive midfielder to me.

Quite. Had the ball skills to play out from the back. Pity if he didn't have the attitude for someone to really work with him and find his strengths. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

What about his inability to read the game and know how to play as a centre back?

needs to learn his craft before he’s ready for the A League 

That stuff comes from experience. The kid was a raw talent and could have become a solid player, but he didn't put in the effort to try and improve. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Victory certainly know how to do it, don't they. Get Fox/FFA/League to pay the bulk of the salary of their superstar import, and leave enough cap space to pick the eyes out of the mid-season transfer opportunities.

Honda is the marquee and therefore is irrelevant to the cap.

Bit rich for us to be whinging about poaching players midseason anyway tbh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

My point was more to the fact that they never sign players from us, as an unofficial club policy. 

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Honda is the marquee and therefore is irrelevant to the cap.

Bit rich for us to be whinging about poaching players midseason anyway tbh.

I'm not actually whinging at all. I'm complimenting their management on two things: for getting themselves a good marquee player (when he's fit that is) and leaving cap space to pick up two very good young players in mid-season apparently without having to release anyone. I was not linking the two.

7 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Could it be that Arnold sees himself as a manger who get the most out Caceres. Only time will tell if Arnold or Joyce is correct in their assessment of Caceres. One thing is for certain when we play Sydney Caceres will out to prove Joyce wrong. 

6 hours ago, playmaker said:

Fixed

Actually IMO Arnold would still have considerable influence over corica as a mentor. 

8 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Could it be that Arnold sees himself as a manger who get the most out Caceres. Only time will tell if Arnold or Joyce is correct in their assessment of Caceres. One thing is for certain when we play Sydney Caceres will out to prove Joyce wrong. 

I'd be surprised if Caceres plays against us. Loan agreements usually contain a clause that the player cannot play against the club loaning him out. Sydney have just such an agreement with Central Coast over Daniel De Silva - he's not playing in the match coming up. 

I know that in Caceres' case it's actually Manchester loaning him out, but I'd be surprised nevertheless.

Anyone remember Eli Babalj?

195cm striker played 44 games including a few where he came on as a sub between 2010 -and 2013, and he managed 12 goals to be a our 6th highest ever goal scorer for the club. He played a couple of games for Australia also, and I thought he was decent.

Just looked him up online - seems he spent some time in the Dutch league with AZ Alkmaar, but hasn't come on as expected and last played with some low ranked team in India and is currently without a club or agent...shame as I thought he had some talent :(

Edited by Vass46

59 minutes ago, Vass46 said:

Anyone remember Eli Babalj?

195cm striker played 44 games including a few where he came on as a sub between 2010 -and 2013, and he managed 12 goals to be a our 6th highest ever goal scorer for the club. He played a couple of games for Australia also, and I thought he was decent.

Just looked him up online - seems he spent some time in the Dutch league with AZ Alkmaar, but hasn't come on as expected and last played with some low ranked team in India and is currently without a club or agent...shame as I thought he had some talent :(

He's cooked

• Like 1