Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Genreau scored Zwolle's third in the 3-1 practice match win over local side Berkum. Good start for the young lad.

Aw yiss. If he does well, I cant see him coming back. So its a lose lose situation for Melbourne

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Aw yiss. If he does well, I cant see him coming back. So its a lose lose situation for Melbourne

Not if we make a profit on the sale fwiw.
Now i know Melb City is small change on the grand scale of things for CFG, but if our return on investment is higher than the others, we'll keep getting good investment pro-rata in other areas. Look at us v NYC for example, Mooy pretty much paid for the purchase of the club down here, whilst over there they paid 100m and have got jack squat out of it, both on and off the field.

1 hour ago, Chris p said:

Apart from the transfer fee 

58 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Not if we make a profit on the sale fwiw.
Now i know Melb City is small change on the grand scale of things for CFG, but if our return on investment is higher than the others, we'll keep getting good investment pro-rata in other areas. Look at us v NYC for example, Mooy pretty much paid for the purchase of the club down here, whilst over there they paid 100m and have got jack squat out of it, both on and off the field.

My mistake. I thought his contract expired at the end of this coming season

• Like 1

7 hours ago, haz said:

I didn't realise that Genreau was signed to Zwolles first team. Good on him, JVS must think highly of himt

IMO Denis was rather over-shadowed by the emergence of Arzani. Otherwise, I suspect he would have had much more match time last season. IMO Joyce and City still value him highly, otherwise they would have let him have a transfer to Zwolle rather than loan him out.

I might be wrong, but I don't recall us ever loaning out a player out before?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Good goal, although the opposition looked shit

The opposition was a combination team from two amateur clubs from Dalfsen (a village about 7km from Zwolle) - SV Dalfsen and ASC '62. One of Zwolle's preseason matches. Crowd of 1,100 enjoyed the afternoon sunshine. Football as it should be played.

8 hours ago, fiji19 said:

where is curtis good?

Released by Newcastle United as of 1st July 2018, so a free agent without a club. Has had very little football in recent seasons. Last season just 7 matches in the Premier League 2 (England Youth league) and 2 in the EFL Trophy.

Still only 25, but would be a big risk I would think.

Good still has time on his side if he can stay injury free, don't think grafting away in the English Lower Leagues with the huge catalogue of games is a great idea with his injury history. It's probably the most physically taxing on the body of any league in the world, particularly around xmas where the games are piling up in freezing conditions. But he seems to be keen to stick it out and try and make something of it.

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Good still has time on his side if he can stay injury free, don't think grafting away in the English Lower Leagues with the huge catalogue of games is a great idea with his injury history. It's probably the most physically taxing on the body of any league in the world, particularly around xmas where the games are piling up in freezing conditions. But he seems to be keen to stick it out and try and make something of it.

Grimsby or Scunthorpe in January, with freezing rain howling in straight off the North Sea....

11 minutes ago, neio said:

Matt Millar signed for CCM, he played maybe 3 games a few years ago 

Scored a goal for us too in the FFA Cup.

I remember he had one good game, then the next game (agaisnt Sydney?) he got destroyed and wasnt seen again.

57 minutes ago, haz said:

The Perth game or the one he played really bad? I cant even remember him much

must be this one, can remember thinking we were gonna get pumped when the line up was announced
https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/report-melbourne-city-fc-2-2-sydney-fc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1djHm46h3Q

Edited by Thrillhouse

• 2 weeks later...