Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Watch him blossom, probably score a hat trick against us 

If he stays injury free we will regret releasing him. I don't think it was ever a question of his quality or potential but more so of him breaking down. 

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

If he stays injury free we will regret releasing him. I don't think it was ever a question of his quality or potential but more so of him breaking down. 

IMO we should have given him another season at min wage but eh dems the breaks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris p said:

We made the right decision at the time with the available information, If he comes good then so be it 

32 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Lol three ACL injuries at his age he will be lucky to play again 

Completely agree.

Ventured out to Endeavour Hills last night to watch Dandy City v Moreland City. No Dugandzic, but Kalmar played. Always looks a class above with his ability to move the ball in tight spaces and open play up in an instant. 1-1 in the 90th minute and Dandy were awarded a penalty. Kalmar steps up, cheeky paneka straight down the middle to keep them top of NPL1 East. $10 for entry well spent and chevapi rolls with sour cabbage and chilli helped stave off hypothermia.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, neio said:

The right decision was made on gamiero unfortunately, with Brandan out we couldn't afford to have him and kuzi both on knee injuries as well

Has undoubted talent and it's really unfortunate

I (nor anyone else) said anything about Kuzi. Unfortunately he wouldn't have made it even if he wasn't injured.

The club can get an injury replacement for Brandan if they choose, so really Gameiro can be isolated in the equation, so due to Gsmeiros elite talent, that's why I agreed with @bt50. Anyway I'll guess we'll see, obviously the bloke is up against it, but you can't say "this decision is right regardless" sorry that's bullshit. Only one decision will be proven to be the right one. 

Zahra now playing for Heidelberg and will face his old side Perth Glory in the FFA Cup at Olympic Village.

Magic of the cup etc...

Ex-Perth Glory flyer Adrian Zahra is relishing a crack at his former Hyundai A-League club in the Westfield FFA Cup Round of 32.

Zahra, 26, now plays for PS4 NPL Victorian club Heidelberg United, who will host Glory in a marquee tie of the opening round of the FFA Cup at Olympic Village next month.

Congratulations to Erik Paartalu on signing for Bengaluru FC in the Indian Super League during the third year of his four year contract with Melbourne City. This is now his third club since leaving us early in January last year...

Edited by GreenSeater

9 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Congratulations to Erik Paartalu on signing for Bengaluru FC in the Indian Super League during the third year of his four year contract with Melbourne City. This is now his third club since leaving us early in January last year...

I'm interested to see how many football tiers he has left before he can cease to call himself a professional footballer.

This is someone who needs to swallow a bit of pride and return to the a league and accept that's their level.  Someone would take him

I understood the move to Korea to further his career,  but 2 games and then a move to Qatar for 10 games now to India.  Probably the Tajikistan Premier League next 

51 minutes ago, neio said:

This is someone who needs to swallow a bit of pride and return to the a league and accept that's their level.  Someone would take him

I understood the move to Korea to further his career,  but 2 games and then a move to Qatar for 10 games now to India.  Probably the Tajikistan Premier League next 

Being now over 30 and playing a handful of games in the last few seasons an A League return unlikely probably his next contract will be at the NPL level. 

A good read for anyone who remembers MHFC's Jeremy Walker and his trip to the U.K post Heart:

“He [Holloway] asked me if I was a footballer. And asked if I had my gear and gave me a kit and I ended up staying for six weeks, training and playing with the reserves and seniors at Millwall,”

http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/the-london-adventures-of-former-melbourne-heart-defender-jeremy-walker/iow3bhskp7px17dt55qm4qjfd 

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

Being now over 30 and playing a handful of games in the last few seasons an A League return unlikely probably his next contract will be at the NPL level. 

Paartalu's case is a bit sad really. I will not forget the "Paartalu Derby" where he scored with a header through a crowd of players in injury time to give us a glorious 1-0 win. That was a moment to savour.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, FIFA 2002 said:

A good read for anyone who remembers MHFC's Jeremy Walker and his trip to the U.K post Heart:

http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/the-london-adventures-of-former-melbourne-heart-defender-jeremy-walker/iow3bhskp7px17dt55qm4qjfd 

Thanks. Interesting.

Walkers thread will be a few pages back if you want to read about the changing views on him (he started well at Heart, but lost his way and then his spot to the professional but hardly outstanding The Hoff)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Andrew Redmayne couldn't get within 10 feet of a penalty save with us, just saved a penalty against fucking Arsenal. What is life?

Joey Nepotism was a shit GK coach. How he survived so long is beyond me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Andrew Redmayne couldn't get within 10 feet of a penalty save with us, just saved a penalty against fucking Arsenal. What is life?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, sometimes the right things happen for the wrong reason. Jesus I've even seen quality posts from certain users on here. 

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, sometimes the right things happen for the wrong reason. Jesus I've even seen quality posts from certain users on here. 

I thought of using that anology but stopped myself as it's a huge over exaggeration of his ability.