Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

Iain Ramsay is trialling with Eredivisie side NEC Nijmegen after leaving Iranian club Tractor Sazi earlier this year:

IAIN RAMSAY ON TRIAL WITH NEC NIJMEGEN

July 12, 2016

Football Channel Asia

Filipino midfielder Iain Ramsay is on trial at Eredivisie outfit NEC Nijmegen, according to reports.

Previously, Ramsay had short spells with various Australian club, including Sydney FC, Sydney Olympic, Adelaide United and Melbourne City.

The footballer joined Persian Gulf Pro League in 2015, but his contract with the club was terminated in early 2016.

Ramsay has represented the Philippines at international level since 2015, scoring 2 goals in 9 appearances. Both of his goals were scored during Philippines’ 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign.

http://footballchannel.asia/2016/07/12/post11796/

12 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Now officially signed for NEC in the Netherlands. I think this proves that signing Malik was a top bit of business by us

Maybe in the longer term it was.  But Adelaide did win 2 trophies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

Maybe in the longer term it was.  But Adelaide did win 2 trophies.

Adelaide won 2 trophies because they were the best team in the league. They played the best football, they had a team full of players in form and they were simply better than anyone else. I don't think Mauk made that much difference tbh

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rayv36 said:

Good luck to the kid, I hope he is remembered as a City/Heart product.

There can be no doubt. No one is going to consider him an Adelaide United product because he went there and played for 3 months.

Edit: Reckon we had a sell-on clause for Mauk? Would be a bit shit if Adelaide got the whole transfer fee assuming there is one.

Edited by loriente
  • Like 1

http://www.sporx.com/futbol/birincilig/manisasporlu-novilloya-nisanlisindan-kaza-soku-SXHBQ556966SXQ?utm_source=twittercom&utm_medium=sporxtwitter&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=IcerikPaylas

Novillo's fiancee had a serious car crash in Germany. Harry is permitted to leave for Germany for however long he wishes to tend to her.

Edited by jeffplz

5 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

http://www.sporx.com/futbol/birincilig/manisasporlu-novilloya-nisanlisindan-kaza-soku-SXHBQ556966SXQ?utm_source=twittercom&utm_medium=sporxtwitter&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=IcerikPaylas

Novillo's fiancee has a serious car crash in Germany. Harry is permitted to leave for Germany for however long he wishes to tend to her.

How do you even find this stuff? 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

mauk thanked adelaide for "making him the player/person that he is today" :hkpalm::hkpalm::hkpalm:

So when he went over there perhaps he was a decent bloke and within a few short weeks they turned him into what he is now - a dog who trips a bloke 15m from the ball (& effectively ends his career)?

17 hours ago, jeffplz said:

I'm Turkish 

Wrong thread but WTF is happening over there?  Something about this failed coup with the instant extensive reprisals doesn't make sense.

Edited by Shahanga

3 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Wrong thread but WTF is happening over there?  Something about this failed coup with the instant extensive "reprisals" doesn't make sense.

Islamist faction in the Army wanted to remove Erdogan due to his Islamist approach. Soldiers were ineffective and conscripts with no organisation, thus failed. There's truly no one to support except the innocent civilians. 

8 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

So when he went over there perhaps he was a decent bloke and within a few short weeks they turned him into what he is now - a dog who trips a bloke 15m from the ball (& effectively ends his career)?

I can't recall a Heart/City player who sank out of favour with our fans as quickly as Mauk seemingly did. Sure, we've bagged a few players over six seasons, but none have attracted the dislike that Mauk has.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I can't recall a Heart/City player who sank out of favour with our fans as quickly as Mauk seemingly did. Sure, we've bagged a few players over six seasons, but none have attracted the dislike that Mauk has.

Given the nature of the business, a player has to really get me offside for me to say anything other than "goodbye/good luck" when he departs. I don't even really have that many hard feelings for Aloisi. But Mauk can get fucked.

• Like 2

On 20/07/2016 at 10:21 PM, jeffplz said:

Novillo's fiancee had a serious car crash in Germany. Harry is permitted to leave for Germany for however long he wishes to tend to her.

Couldn't be too bad, she has great airbags.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

Ah yes. The good old 'when' he becomes an Australian citizen reasoning. 

He did say that he was playing NPL was in hopes of earning an A-League contract. He would be foolish not to do something to enhance his career prospects. Whether or not an A-League club would or wouldn't be interested is another topic...