Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

I think Malloy takes the cake

There was once a poster on here who was so determined to have this cake that he would delete any post he made that did not receive likes... :fb:

Alas he no longer posts on here anymore for some reason.

Edited by cadete

Jeremy Walker has moved up a division in England after playing 28 games with Concord Rangers last season:

'If Walker can handle Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero he'll be fine at Braintree' says Cowley

July 25, 2015
By Stuart Ballard

DANNY COWLEY believes that if new signing Jeremy Walker can handle Italian football legend Alessandro Del Piero he can deal with life at Braintree Town.

The 21-year-old Australian right-back has become the third player to follow Iron boss Cowley from Concord Rangers.

Cowley has already delved into his former club for Matt Fry and Taylor Miles.

Walker comes to Braintree with experience of the Australian A-League, having played for the likes of Melbourne City, coming up against World Cup winner Del Piero, who was at Sydney FC.

"I was watching a few clips of Jeremy in the A-League the other week and there's some good clips of him marking Del Piero," said Cowley.

"If you can deal with Del Piero then I'm sure he'll be able to deal with any of the challenges that come his way this year.

"He did fantastically well for us last year at Concord, he's an attacking right-back but also defends really well.

"We're confident he'll be able to make the step up into National League football."

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Cowley-ready-faith-Walker/story-27464711-detail/story.html

Are you paid by Microsoft to market Excel?

I wish, but I just get bored and like making graphs! Microsoft should pay me though, considering I'm one of the few people in Oz with a Windows Phone and Surface tablet...when I'm not marketing Melbourne City, I'm harping on about Windows! Lol

That's right Apple, take your disgustingly over-priced iCrap and shove it up your arrogant  iAss! Bring on Windows 10 in 4 days! :)

Hermm...so anyway, how about that Hoffman going back to the Jets aye?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if noticed or not, but club legend Iain Ramsay is now playing for Tractor Sazi (one of the strongest teams in Iran)

seems weird that he's managed to secure this move and get called up for the Philippines national team right after being a shitcunt with us for several years.

not sure if noticed or not, but club legend Iain Ramsay is now playing for Tractor Sazi (one of the strongest teams in Iran)

seems weird that he's managed to secure this move and get called up for the Philippines national team right after being a shitcunt with us for several years.

Sometimes a change of environment does wonders. I hope he does well being at Heart/City under Aloisi would have been hellish.

I reckon that goal for the phillippines did wonders for his prospects.  That plus the facts that 1) he could put together one phenomenal highlights DVD package and 2) pretty confident they wouldn't get the A League in Iran, so they wouldn't see everything he did in between those highlights package.

Western Sydney Wanderers goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne is determined to win battle for the gloves

WARREN THOMSON

AUGUST 05

Western Sydney’s new goalkeeper, Andrew Redmayne, admits he was intimidated by the Wanderers and the raucous Red and Black Bloc when playing for Melbourne City.

Now the new recruit is relishing pulling on the gloves for the Asian Champions and is determined to ensure he gets many opportunities to do so this season.

“It was always quite daunting to play against Western Sydney ­because of the perceived pressure the RBB put on you,” he said.

“Knowing that they are behind you is fantastic and I look forward to seeing them in full voice at Pepper Stadium for our FFA Cup game and at Pirtek Stadium during the regular season. They’re the best supporter base in the league.”

Redmayne made his first appearance in red and black during the second half of last Thursday’s 3-0 pre-season friendly win against Mt Druitt Town Rangers.

Redmayne hopes for another strong performance against his first A-League club, the Central Coast Mariners, in Coffs Harbour on Friday to earn a start in next Tuesday’s FFA Cup game against another of his former clubs, Brisbane Roar.

Redmayne is battling Dean Bouzanis to become the team’s main shot-stopper. Redmaybe made 48 appearances during three seasons at Melbourne City before falling down the pecking order last season to Tando Velaphi.

“I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Being at the Mariners was a fantastic learning experience and I have great memories of winning two premierships with Brisbane,” Redmayne said. “I’ve come to the club with a few runs on the board but when you come to a new club you still have to prove yourself.

“You’ve just got to work hard and hopefully get the nod.”

The FFA Cup game against Brisbane next Tuesday in Penrith is Western Sydney’s first major game and Redmayne says all the players are desperate to be part of the starting 11.

“When there is silverware on the line, this club will try its best,” he said.

“Our club has a good philosophy towards the FFA Cup, while some other [A-League] clubs use it as a warm-up game.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/parramatta/western-sydney-wanderers-goalkeeper-andrew-redmayne-is-determined-to-win-battle-for-the-gloves/story-fngr8il0-1227469848398

"When there is silverware on the line, this club will try its best,” he said. “Our club has a good philosophy towards the FFA Cup, while some other [A-League] clubs use it as a warm-up game.”

Take that as you will but I reckon at least one of those comments applies to us

Take that as you will but I reckon at least one of those comments applies to us

Just what I was thinking.  Last year JVS did refer to it as a "pre-season game".  I note he hasn't done it this year, but we sure played like it was.

Anyway I am hoping Redmayne makes it as the WSW No 1.  That will mean there is at least 1 team we'll finish above.

Babalj with his first goal in Adelaide colours. 

Here's a big call, he will win the Golden Boot if he stays fit for the whole season.

Like I said in another post, it depends on which Babalj shows up, the Babalj that's hungry for goals and success will hbe a goal scoring machine at Adelaide and they'll have a great season as they were missing someone like hinm, whereas if the sook Babalj too busy crying over having too come back to Australia shows up then he will be a flop.

Given he is already getting amongst the goals, it's looking good for him and Adelaide.

• Like 1

Like I said in another post, it depends on which Babalj shows up, the Babalj that's hungry for goals and success will hbe a goal scoring machine at Adelaide and they'll have a great season as they were missing someone like hinm, whereas if the sook Babalj too busy crying over having too come back to Australia shows up then he will be a flop.

Given he is already getting amongst the goals, it's looking good for him and Adelaide.

I wonder if he was sooking about coming back to Heart rather than Australia...