Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

The whole series of events with Archibald are very odd.

Good to see him get a chance over there but I must admit that I saw very little from him in his opportunities in the senior team in his time with us.

His lack of pace seemed a major issue, but maybe it was just on those occasions he didn't lift his game to the required standard. No idea.

I think you are severely overrating where Archibald has moved to. It is the 4th tier in Germany, much like the state leagues here are the 2nd tier. It's like 5 state based groups that make up the 4th division, so probably close to 100 teams. The standard wouldn't be great and it's obviously not professional.

• Like 1

What's Rutger up to?

Was released by Achilles 29 on the 15th after they decided not to renew his contract.

http://www.bd.nl/algemeen/sport/achilles-29-breekt-met-tweetal-en-haalt-van-roon-1.4906893

Poor Rutger if only he was Tanned Attractive Dutchman and not an Ugly Albino Dutchman he would probably have gig in the City Coaching set up for life. :up:

• Like 1

Probably his standard. If anyone summed up the heart era perfectly it was Migliorini. Two moments of brilliance nestled amongst absolute mediocrity.

His greatest attribute was as a DM his to have a need to run backwards away from any advancing forwards... creating a Paddock space to allow them to get centrally just inside of the box and inevitably score against "Flat Footed Redders". 

Probably his standard. If anyone summed up the heart era perfectly it was Migliorini. Two moments of brilliance nestled amongst absolute mediocrity.

His greatest attribute was as a DM his to have a need to run backwards away from any advancing forwards... creating a Paddock space to allow them to get centrally just inside of the box and inevitably score against "Flat Footed Redders". 

And to finish off, another annoying hand clap.

• Like 1

Redders reaction to having goals scored on him always reminded me of when the Keeper on Fifa 99 would kick up the shits when having likewise done to him.

At the time my kid brother and I used to find it hilarious on Fifa 99 - Some how it wasn't as funny when Redders did it every week in Season Four.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Redders reaction to having goals scored on him always reminded me of when the Keeper on Fifa 99 would kick up the shits when having likewise done to him.

At the time my kid brother and I used to find it hilarious on Fifa 99 - Some how it wasn't as funny when Redders did it every week in Season Four.

Seriously, if he got rid of that habit I don't think I would have been as critical, but every goal he copped and then he's smacking his hands like he could have saved it did my head in. That combined with Ramsay running with eyes closed and Mifsud not having any idea of where the last man was the spud trifecta.

• Like 1

Redder's hand clapping, or Lleyton Hewitt's fingers to the forehead "COME ON!". It's all a bit over the top for me.

I wonder if Redders has trademarked his clapping after a goal...

Probably end up going around to schools suing children for singing "If your're happy and you know it clap your hands" and doing the accompanying gestures.

But he wouldn't as he's a nice bloke.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1

Redder's hand clapping, or Lleyton Hewitt's fingers to the forehead "COME ON!". It's all a bit over the top for me.

I wonder if Redders has trademarked his clapping after a goal...

Probably end up going around to schools suing children for singing "If your're happy and you know it clap your hands" and doing the accompanying gestures.

But he wouldn't as he's a nice bloke.

I think he would more have to find PPL who "Clap in Anger" rather than those who just "Clap"... 

Which means I should probably watch out for an unemployed Redders at Cats/Borough games trying make a dollar of me because I have stupid tradition where I usually clap in frustration to try put of the opposing team when they are taking a shot at goal.

Azkals upbeat with Fil-Aussie finally in roster

By Olmin Leyba, The Philippine Star

Posted at 06/04/2015 12:22 PM

MANILA, Philippines - Finally hooking up with the Philippine Azkals, long-time Fil-Aussie prospect Iain Ramsay is raring to plunge into action and help the side beat the odds in the Fifa World Cup qualifiers.

“When you represent your country at the international level, it’s always an honor. I’m very happy to be here,” said Ramsay after attending his first training session Tuesday night at Rizal Memorial.

A winger who last played for Melbourne City in the A-League, the 27-year-old Ramsay has been in the wish-list of Azkals management for quite some time but only got him on board now.

“I spoke with coach Thomas Dooley now for a good two years and I’ve always said to him, if I do decide to come over, I’m gonna be 100 percent committed, otherwise I wouldn’t come. So definitely I feel right now is the right time for me. I’m here and I’m gonna give everything to make the Filipinos proud,” he said.

Ramsay is currently a free agent and said he is “pretty open to try something new.” That includes moving out of the A-League and into leagues in Asia.

“My focus and commitment at the moment, though, is to do well for the Azkals. We got two games against strong sides Bahrain and Yemen and I just want to help the team as much as I can and work hard for us to qualify,” he said.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/06/04/15/azkals-upbeat-fil-aussie-finally-roster

• Like 1

DMAC was never sold to us more than what he was: A cheap pickup who was a Bollocking Forward who knew his own limitations and even expressed surprise at getting another chance at the A-League when he was signed by JA.

The club tried to sell as The Maltese Messi as an International Goal Scoring Machine who would bring in the fans... I know which one I consider as a worse chapter of Heart History.