Melbourne Football

Night gathers, and now my watch begins.

Tesla

Could prove to be HBOs best ever series IMO

Ooooh so close! I'm sorry but the answer we were looking for was The Sopranos. Thanks for playing though... :up: The wire > Sopranos by a hair.

Actually tbh I don't know. I rate the wire and the sopranos pretty evenly. I think come s7 game of thrones will prove to be better though.

Edited by salzy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ep-401-script.jpg

Winter Is Coming: Ok, so that was a tease. But we did learn at least one thing: that David & Dan will be writing the season 4 premiere. And while we’re here I should note that filming starts in exactly one week, which means cast sightings in Belfast should be coming any day now. Last year, those were responsible for us learning of quite a few castings. So, people of Belfast, keep your eyes peeled for actors hanging out with known Thrones cast members!
  • Like 1

I'M A DICKHEAD :)

Pedro-Pascal.jpg

The most anticipated new role coming to the fourth season of Game of Thrones has been filled.

Prince Oberyn Martell will be played by Chilean actor Pedro Pascal, who has previously had arcs on CBS’ The Good Wife, ABC’s Red Widow and USA’s Graceland.

For those who haven’t read the books, here’s a spoiler-free description of the character: Oberyn is a brash, charming, cunning prince of Dorne (part of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros). His sister Elia was brutally murdered by the Lannister knight Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane when Mad King Aerys was overthrown by Robert Baratheon and the Lannisters. In season four, Oberyn comes to King’s Landing with revenge on his mind.

James Hibberd of Entertainment Weekly broke the news and offers this quote from Benioff and Weiss about the casting:

“This was a tough one,” say showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss about the casting. “The Red Viper is sexy and charming, yet believably dangerous; intensely likable, yet driven by hate. The boys love him, the girls love him, and he loves them all back. Unless your last name is Lannister. We found a fellow who can handle the job description and make it seem effortless. He wasn’t easy to find and he won’t be easy to stop.”

Edited by Deviate
  • Like 1

the podcast im listening to right now, they mention the exact same thing!!

For the people who haven't read book 3... Season 3 is indeed THE FIRST HALF ONLY of book 3!! 

Season 4 will be the second half of book 3.

Production starts in a week.

Edited by Deviate

• 2 weeks later...

ep-401-script.jpg

Winter Is Coming: Ok, so that was a tease. But we did learn at least one thing: that David & Dan will be writing the season 4 premiere. And while we’re here I should note that filming starts in exactly one week, which means cast sightings in Belfast should be coming any day now. Last year, those were responsible for us learning of quite a few castings. So, people of Belfast, keep your eyes peeled for actors hanging out with known Thrones cast members!

GOT had a cast party in the city last week.  Also had a GOT photography exhibition wrap party at the bar I work in.  I've not seen any yet when I do....I'll attempt to have something MH related to get a pic with for the lols

• Like 3

ep-401-script.jpg

Winter Is Coming: Ok, so that was a tease. But we did learn at least one thing: that David & Dan will be writing the season 4 premiere. And while we’re here I should note that filming starts in exactly one week, which means cast sightings in Belfast should be coming any day now. Last year, those were responsible for us learning of quite a few castings. So, people of Belfast, keep your eyes peeled for actors hanging out with known Thrones cast members!

GOT had a cast party in the city last week. Also had a GOT photography exhibition wrap party at the bar I work in. I've not seen any yet when I do....I'll attempt to have something MH related to get a pic with for the lols

Hahaha legend if you do mate

theres also an arrticle in todays herald sun. page 15. along the smae lines

Looking for a baby name? Try Game of Thrones GAME of Thrones fans across the nation are turning to the popular fantasy TV series for baby name inspiration. Since the epic US drama show hit Australian TV screens, hundreds of babies across the nation have been named Arya after the fierce and independent youngest daughter of Lord Eddard and Lady Catelyn Stark.

Khaleesi, a made-up name which means "Queen" in the show's fictional Dothraki language, has also emerged as a popular choice.

Queensland parents were the most inspired by the name of the Mother of Dragons with 15 baby girls named Khaleesi since January 1 last year.

This is compared to just four each in Victoria and South Australia and half a dozen in New South Wales.

But according to Births, Death and Marriages, it appears no one has named their son Joffrey after the young, evil king.Game of Thrones devotees Paul and Toni Richardson, from Coolum, loved the HBO series that much they named their now eight-month-old daughter Khaleesi.

Mrs Richardson, 31, said they had been stuck for a name throughout the whole pregnancy.

"We didn't know we were having a girl and my husband and I always said we'd never be able to name our child we just couldn't agree on anything," she said. Then one night, after watching the first season, Paul sugges- ted Khaleesi.

"We thought it was a really nice name that would also suit someone older," she said.

"We had no idea how to spell it so we went on to the Game of Thrones website.

"Last year was the year of the dragon in the Chinese zodiac too so it all seemed so fitting."

Mr Richardson, 35, was not surprised characters from the show were trending as name choices.

"We just loved the name. It really suits her. We've even got her a little dragon necklace," he said.

The name Khaleesi has has no meaning in English, and was made up by author George R.R. Martin in his A Song of Ice and Fire books that the TV show is based on.

Baby name expert Laura Wattenberg said: "Plenty of authors dating back to Shakespeare have invented names that caught on.

"You can even find names from imagined fantasy worlds that have been used on real-world babies.

"But a name taken from words that are not a name, from an imagined language? I can't think of a precedent."

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2013/07/22/245611_local-news.html

Edited by Deviate

More casting news, hot off the presses! James Hibberd of Entertainment Weekly has reported that Indira Varma will join the cast as Ellaria Sand in season 4 of Game of Thrones. Ellaria Sand is the paramour of Prince Oberyn Martell aka “The Red Viper”, who was also recently cast. She will accompany her lover when he arrives in King’s Landing this season. - Winteriscoming.net

indira-varma.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

HBO has now confirmed that Michiel Huisman has been cast in the fourth season, though his role has not been announced at this time.

The Hollywood Reporter is saying their sources tell them that Huisman is replacing Ed Skrein as Daario Naharis, the Tyroshi captain serving Daenerys, introduced to viewers last season.

Huisman-Headshot-215x300.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...