Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

TBH its not like there is some big secret that they would really need psychologists. Humans are controlled by egos and being able to say you are better at the game than the next guy is enough to suck phaggots into spending a lot of time playing. So they just have to work off that with shit like levels etc. Also give them rewards and achievements and all that bullshit to collect, phaggots love it as it gives them a sense of achievement lol.

On the other hand, if you can actually become a good player in some of these games, there is serious money to be made. So its not a completely irrational pursuit.

Edited by Tesla

The BF community has never been the same after BF2, such a precedent to live up too.

This.

My accounts:

http://www.bf2stats.net/player/120014122/

http://www.bf2stats.net/player/77106873/ (first acc, horrendous stats)

I had another 2 or so that were highly played, forgotten their names though.

This was CardioBenj fwiw: http://www.bf2stats.net/player/45017846/

Did you ever come up against a team called "aK^"?

Yeah I think I scrimmed them once with |cGs|. We naturally lost like 150-0 or something. There was this one aK^ guy who I always use to play Strike at Karkand 22/22 with - was a freak and learnt heaps of stuff from just sitting back and watching him, one of the best wall players (someone who just hangs next to walls and jumps around heaps) I have ever seen.

Best clan I got into was {ARK} but they where all 30+ and couldn't handle my pre pubescent 12 y/o voice in vent and eventually booted me, despite being one of the better medics in the clan, lol.

• Like 1

Anyone play minecraft?

Strong temptation to buy, but looks like it has strong addiction potential.

did for a bit and yes strong addiction but it died down pretty fast after i built my house and experienced most shit but that was during its first stages think heaps of more stuff has been put into the game.

Anyone play minecraft?

Strong temptation to buy, but looks like it has strong addiction potential.

Download illegally.

More game modes and such with the legit version, but unless you have buddies to play and skype with, you'll get bored very quickly. I can assure you that you will stay up very late the first night you play it though.

Download illegally.

More game modes and such with the legit version, but unless you have buddies to play and skype with, you'll get bored very quickly. I can assure you that you will stay up very late the first night you play it though.

Bought it. And yeah I did play it a lot the first day (yesterday), and today I cbf lol. Knew that would happen. Will still play it a little bit at time, still some entertaining things to do in the game.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Alrighty, well... with the end of the year approaching and the PS4 and XBOX ONE being released... Which of the two would you choose?

Both have a blu ray player (my main reason as to why i would get one.)

Seen an interview about how the kinnect camera will be watching 24-7 no matter if the Xbox/tv is on or off... That was the biggest thing that's turned me back to Sony.

For games on console go the ps4 much better option as its more gamer specific rather than family fun orientated.

Edited by Boffins
  • Like 1

I'm planning on having a theatre room, they both have Blu ray players so that's a big tick. I don't know which one would be better. I know Sony have the rights to Blu ray... But Microsoft built a Blu ray player into the xbox one, specifically for movies... And games. :-\

I have an xbox just sitting in my room... Probably used a couple of times... Anyone want it? Lol

from what ive been seeing the future of "next gen" are open world free roam online multiplayer games; tom clancy: the division and the crew both like this, the crew being the entire map of the USA, and the division being entire of NY, amazing stuff, apparently 90 minutes coast to coast in the crew

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 2

from what ive been seeing the future of "next gen" are open world free roam online multiplayer games; tom clancy: the division and the crew both like this, the crew being the entire map of the USA, and the division being entire of NY, amazing stuff, apparently 90 minutes coast to coast in the crew

The 7min vid for the division looks so good. Bf4 got me salivating as well

Edited by Boffins

Will go back to Sony for the next gen. Don't like the always online feature on Xbox + not being able to play games youve payed for if you get banned from Live. Just have to find a way to play with an Xbox Controller as my big Balkan hands are too much for the PS controllers.

EDIT - gonna thrash GTAV when it comes out.

Edited by MaliMate
  • Like 2

thoughts on last of us?

Got it in the mail today about 230 and only stopped about an hour ago, so based on that I'd say it's pretty good.

Not surprisingly, it's very similar to the Uncharted games. It's actually just like playing an Uncharted game but with infected, sounds the same, looks the same, feels the same etc. Not sure if that's a good thing or not but if you're an uncharted fan then it's definitely worth a go.

Enjoying it so far but not really game of the year stuff yet imo.

Alrighty, well... with the end of the year approaching and the PS4 and XBOX ONE being released... Which of the two would you choose?

PS4 definitely.

No DRM.

Doesn't need to always be connected to internet.

Cheaper. 

Looking forward to Elder Scrolls Online.

Not sure if I want or not.

Been a pretty big fan of the Elder Scrolls series but don't know if I like the idea of it being online. Will probably full of nerds who play 24/7 and are way better than me. Don't think the story will be as enjoyable either as I don't see how you'll be the hero any more.

• Like 1

thoughts on last of us?

Got it in the mail today about 230 and only stopped about an hour ago, so based on that I'd say it's pretty good.

Not surprisingly, it's very similar to the Uncharted games. It's actually just like playing an Uncharted game but with infected, sounds the same, looks the same, feels the same etc. Not sure if that's a good thing or not but if you're an uncharted fan then it's definitely worth a go.

Enjoying it so far but not really game of the year stuff yet imo.

PS4 definitely.

No DRM.

Doesn't need to always be connected to internet.

Cheaper. 

Not sure if I want or not.

Been a pretty big fan of the Elder Scrolls series but don't know if I like the idea of it being online. Will probably full of nerds who play 24/7 and are way better than me. Don't think the story will be as enjoyable either as I don't see how you'll be the hero any more.

you won't be, there is 3 factions made up of the lore in elder scrolls you pick one and fight against the others for something cant remember heard there will barely be any pvp and for me a mmo has to have that.

Literally going to be my life as its released straight after I get off year 12, as well as Game of Thrones online. I'll play both and pic which one suits me.

I'm dying for Total War: Rome II to come out. If you're into strategy games, like the game chess, and have an interest in Roman and European history like I do - this will be the biggest game of all time. It's also one line and had upped the amount of soldiers you can control from 2,500 to 10,000 and incorporated sea battles as well as land battles for comprehensive battle swag. It's also combined more diplomatic capabilities between nations and more control of internal affairs I am literally dripping for this game to come out. It's going to be massive...

Also been playing lots of the Company of Heroes II beta but undecided whether I'll purchase it or not.

• Like 1

Literally going to be my life as its released straight after I get off year 12, as well as Game of Thrones online. I'll play both and pic which one suits me.

I'm dying for Total War: Rome II to come out. If you're into strategy games, like the game chess, and have an interest in Roman and European history like I do - this will be the biggest game of all time. It's also one line and had upped the amount of soldiers you can control from 2,500 to 10,000 and incorporated sea battles as well as land battles for comprehensive battle swag. It's also combined more diplomatic capabilities between nations and more control of internal affairs I am literally dripping for this game to come out. It's going to be massive...

Also been playing lots of the Company of Heroes II beta but undecided whether I'll purchase it or not.

CoH 2 interests me lots because it is based on eastern front battles.

Rome 2 looks sick.

Rome II will be sick!

I'm still hooked on Empire: Total War - the game is so much fun despite obvious flaws that I hope Rome II will rectify. Very well thought out game though, and because they don't have to worry about American and Indian theatres they can really focus on making each region capital (like Milan, Rome, Pompei) similar to the actual city.

I'm also excited to lead 1,000 Spartans against 10,000 Carthagenians or Celts.

And hopefully they make the story mode longer and more in depth than the American independence one in Empire.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Factions

I love the idea of having to keep political rivals in check, which was an aspect I felt was lacking in Empire. 

Just reading all the additions to the new game though makes me so excited. Fucking September release ffs with no chance of a Beta..

I also learnt a shit tonne of the World's geography in Empire especially in South America and India so hopefuly the educational value of the game is still strong. 

Edited by marteaux