Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

Rome II will be sick!

I'm still hooked on Empire: Total War - the game is so much fun despite obvious flaws that I hope Rome II will rectify. Very well thought out game though, and because they don't have to worry about American and Indian theatres they can really focus on making each region capital (like Milan, Rome, Pompei) similar to the actual city.

I'm also excited to lead 1,000 Spartans against 10,000 Carthagenians or Celts.

And hopefully they make the story mode longer and more in depth than the American independence one in Empire.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Factions

I love the idea of having to keep political rivals in check, which was an aspect I felt was lacking in Empire.

Just reading all the additions to the new game though makes me so excited. Fucking September release ffs with no chance of a Beta..

I also learnt a shit tonne of the World's geography in Empire especially in South America and India so hopefuly the educational value of the game is still strong.

I got empire first and really enjoyed it. It is just so hard to find an online game to start with, let alone one which the host hasnt so far biased to their advantage.

Anyway I came across Rome later and the gameplay just seemed a little smoother. Your cav weren't on the main part useless like they are in empire, they can actually make a charge and get out without breaking.

Hopefully it fulfills expectations

Looks like I'm getting the ps4... Hands down according to this thread lol.

Yeah mate, definitely get a ps4! I use to be the biggest Xbox fan but the new one is so shit, I believe that if you are offline for more than 24 hours that you can't play any games on it! Plus a whole heap of other bullshit features you can probably find online haha!

thoughts on last of us?

Got it in the mail today about 230 and only stopped about an hour ago, so based on that I'd say it's pretty good.

Not surprisingly, it's very similar to the Uncharted games. It's actually just like playing an Uncharted game but with infected, sounds the same, looks the same, feels the same etc. Not sure if that's a good thing or not but if you're an uncharted fan then it's definitely worth a go.

Enjoying it so far but not really game of the year stuff yet imo.

Alrighty, well... with the end of the year approaching and the PS4 and XBOX ONE being released... Which of the two would you choose?

Both have a blu ray player (my main reason as to why i would get one.)

PS4 definitely.

No DRM.

Doesn't need to always be connected to internet.

Cheaper.

Looking forward to Elder Scrolls Online.

Not sure if I want or not.

Been a pretty big fan of the Elder Scrolls series but don't know if I like the idea of it being online. Will probably full of nerds who play 24/7 and are way better than me. Don't think the story will be as enjoyable either as I don't see how you'll be the hero any more.

you won't be, there is 3 factions made up of the lore in elder scrolls you pick one and fight against the others for something cant remember heard there will barely be any pvp and for me a mmo has to have that.You fight for control of the central province of cyrodil I think making it the pvp battlegrounds. I'm hoping they add More pvp though As its not an mmo without being able to gank noobs

Want to see hammerfell and the black marsh in game.

Edited by Boffins
  • Like 2

From what I've been told there will be PvP area on the map which will be Cyrodill like Boffins said (similar to what lake Wintergrasp is in WoW) and you have to take over Outposts, mines, towns ect and being outside this district will mean you can't be ganked in PvE.

(Which kinda sucks as there isn't anything better in online gaming than sitting back watching a low level group up to take out a rare NPC. Only for you to storm in wipe the group out, kill the NPC and take the loot.)

From what I've been told there will be PvP area on the map which will be Cyrodill like Boffins said (similar to what lake Wintergrasp is in WoW) and you have to take over Outposts, mines, towns ect and being outside this district will mean you can't be ganked in PvE.

(Which kinda sucks as there isn't anything better in online gaming than sitting back watching a low level group up to take out a rare NPC. Only for you to storm in wipe the group out, kill the NPC and take the loot.)

TC lord of the gank.
  • Like 1

didn't realize it was gonna be released on next gen consoles as well that is gonna be interesting, does that mean your only playing with others who have a xbobx/ps4/pc?

Yeah, pretty sure there isn't any multi platform servers.

Edited by TOPCAT

cant see it being any goos on a console surely pc version would be way different considering it would need patches etc..

With all the interactions and keys in a MMORPG on a PC ill be keen to see how they do the key bindings for a console control.

• Like 1

One of the analogue sticks and D-Pad on Xbox will have options to what weapon or interaction you are having.

Same with PS4.

Similar to Skyrim i'd say... their shouldnt be a difference.

So while console players are hitting the d pad to bring up a menu that they have to manually scroll through to find the desired weapon, potion, scroll, quest item ect the PC player can bind hot keys.

Remember that the game pauses while going through your inventory/swapping weapons & spells in skyrim as it's not an MMO, elder scrolls online wont.

Edited by TOPCAT

One of the analogue sticks and D-Pad on Xbox will have options to what weapon or interaction you are having.

Same with PS4.

Similar to Skyrim i'd say... their shouldnt be a difference.

So while console players are hitting the d pad to bring up a menu that they have to manually scroll through to find the desired weapon, potion, scroll, quest item ect the Pc player can bind hot keys.

Remember that the game pauses while going through your inventory/swapping weapons & spells in skyrim as its not MMO, elder scrolls online wont.

BlueTooth Keyboard FTW!!

• Like 1

Finished The Last of Us yesterday. My thoughts:

Graphics are stunning. Water looks incredible and some of the some of the scenery is brilliant. Everything generally looks beautiful.

Soundtrack/Voice acting is wonderful too

Story was very good too but I wish it lasted a bit longer. Not that it was particularly short (took me around 16 hours, but that was with plenty of looting, slow stealthy play, respawning etc) but there isn't much to do now other than to play through again as MP is pretty shit.

Finished The Last of Us yesterday. My thoughts:

Graphics are stunning. Water looks incredible and some of the some of the scenery is brilliant. Everything generally looks beautiful.

Soundtrack/Voice acting is wonderful too

Story was very good too but I wish it lasted a bit longer. Not that it was particularly short (took me around 16 hours, but that was with plenty of looting, slow stealthy play, respawning etc) but there isn't much to do now other than to play through again as MP is pretty shit.

Pretty much spot on. Started it on the hardest setting not to different once you know how to tackle enemy types but you lose the listening feature, also not that big of a deal. Quality ending though

Anyone here play dota 2?

I have my mates play it, and I have it on steam but I haven't installed it yet.

If you played the original dota you'll enjoy it. I went from dota 1 to HoN, and have now made the permanent switch over to dota 2. Love the Aussie servers.

you guys ever been to Mana Bar?

Yeh went there once a year or so ago. Not really my type of place, I'd rather have a few mates over if we're going to play games. From what I remember though the drinks menu was rather creative.