Melbourne Football

Elimination Final 2 - Week 1 - Perth v Melbourne

LR9

that was back when thommo was in decent form. He's in bad form now, and when thompson is in bad form he gives a backpass to smeltz who puts it in the bottom corner and we lose the game...

believe that was his attempt of 'marking' smeltz for that first goal as well.

Fucking shit day that was. Lol

that was back when thommo was in decent form. He's in bad form now, and when thompson is in bad form he gives a backpass to smeltz who puts it in the bottom corner and we lose the game...

believe that was his attempt of 'marking' smeltz for that first goal as well. No disrespect to thompson, i just don't think we can afford to play out of form players in finals where 1 mistake can end our season

How are Thompson’s defensive abilities relevant to his selection on Sunday?

He will be played where he should be played his whole time at MH: In midfield.

Thompson has fantastic defensive abilities for a midfielder – his just not a defender.

Edited by cadete

Thompson was played out of his best position in that game at AAMI, he won't be playing there now. He's not out of form, he's still carrying a leg injury hence his strapping. I'd bring Goodwin on the bench who can either sub into his position or into left back and Behich can move up into midfield. I do think that counter-attack suits us best however we can't sit too deep against Perth and let them dictate the game, we need to pay a higher press.

Cbf searching anywhere else/reading the thread: if we win - who do we play? The winner between Sydney and Welly?

If so, we're up the creek - we'll just play Welly in Welly and this whole fap fest is all a waste of time.

Unless we, and Sydney win - SYDNEY AWAY: FINALS EDITION!!!

Could someone link me to the finals layout? Ch33rs.

If we win we play the winner of Sydney or Welly away, like you said. If we can also win that we would play the loser of the CCM-Bris tie away. If we win that we would play the winner of the CCM-Bris tie away in the GF.

We would have to win 4 away games in a row against the four hardest teams in the comp to win the GF so I agree it does seem like a bit of a waste of time for us. I would rather only the top 4 teams go into the playoffs and we miss out tbh.

Stats for home form against away form? I reckon they would be fairly similar. I'm not saying we stand a massive chance, just that I don't really think away games would affect us that much.

Could be horribly wrong, who knows.

Edited by AyeCee

If we win we play the winner of Sydney or Welly away, like you said. If we can also win that we would play the loser of the CCM-Bris tie away. If we win that we would play the winner of the CCM-Bris tie away in the GF.

We would have to win 4 away games in a row against the four hardest teams in the comp to win the GF so I agree it does seem like a bit of a waste of time for us. I would rather only the top 4 teams go into the playoffs and we miss out tbh.

Actually, looking at the FFA website here: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00000182-source.pdf it looks as though the winner of the Perth/Heart match does indeed host the Minor Semi Final...

Stats for home form against away form? I reckon they would be fairly similar. I'm not saying we stand a massive chance, just that I don't really think away games would affect us that much.

Could be horribly wrong, who knows.

W-D-L GD

HOME

4-5-4 +1

AWAY

4-5-4 -1

NUTRAL

1-0-0 +1

How are Thompson’s defensive abilities relevant to his selection on Sunday?

He will be played where he should be played his whole time at MH: In midfield.

Thompson has fantastic defensive abilities for a midfielder – his just not a defender.

he's defensive abilities as a midfielder are no better than those of Shroj or Germano. I've lost count of how many times he has lost the ball lately, and he has been making very poor decisions.

If he isn't a defensive midfielder then what is he? He certainly hasn't been creating any chances going forward, and he hasn't scored since last year, so i'm not sure what role he is supposed to be playing at the moment.

It's obvious that he is still not 100% fit, as people have stated, and if that's the case then what's the use of playing an injured player when we have 3 fit midfielders in Fred, Germano and Shroj who are very capable to play as the starting 3 in the midfield AND have been in decent form lately.

• Like 1

twenty have got there tickets. So at least 20. A few more are still trying to get time off work etc. What kind of rough estimate do you guys think will travel?

Not too many at this stage, mate. A lot are still rather skint after Adelaide last week and most would struggle to get the time off etc.

yeah i gathered as much from what i've seen. Is an easy one for the guys to pick up straight away though and continue in the heavily inebriated state they will be in by game time. anything with more than three lines isn't going to work. Anyone got any other suggestions for simple chants that can be picked up almost immediately.

90% of the guys who come aren't really football fans but they seem to enjoy the chanting side of it more than the actual game. Although they don't really grasp the idea of it properly. They pretty much just start chanting the first thing that comes into their heads most of the time. Try to guide them towards proper chants but hey as long as they are making noise who gives a shit really.

Yeah one of the guys has that app. Pretty cool. Only problem is you can hardly send them home for homework. And would look naff if we are all stood there staring at our smart phones. Only ones that work are ones that I can sing through once and the boys pick it up immediately. I think the tatangalar was actually suggested by one of the other guys after seeing a video on youtube of YS guys doing the chant on the train.

Unfortunately that story will not be retold as much as the “Alan Bond’s first job was to paint the Dingo Flour Sign in North Freo” story by Sandgropers.

We better win this because the four days with my brother over Easter will be hell if we dont!