Melbourne Football

Redmayne Starting for Brisbane

Dynamo_Melb_Warrior

Well they were saying he was Ange's first signing at Brisbae and was going to be the number one until Theo became available and that changed. The commentators believe he is ready made and of A League standard and from what I can see he definitely is.

I think he has done his time and is ready to be a number one. Would try to convince Bolton to be the number two and play only if injuries occur, but help develop Andrew into a more complete keeper though.

Think Redmayne has so much talent though. Liked what I saw.

Offer Bolton a GK Coaching role if he hangs up the gloves?

Redmayne was quite encouraging.

I would definitely.

GK coach and our number two. He would sit on the bench most of the year unless Redmayne gets injured. At the end of the day, Bolton has said he struggles to get up every week and recover. This way he can train, keep his mind and body fresh, and still play a part. What I would say to Clint is your a long time retired, especially when you leave at the top of your game.

Redmayne and Bolton would be an amazing GK duo.

I would definitely.

GK coach and our number two. He would sit on the bench most of the year unless Redmayne gets injured. At the end of the day, Bolton has said he struggles to get up every week and recover. This way he can train, keep his mind and body fresh, and still play a part. What I would say to Clint is your a long time retired, especially when you leave at the top of your game.

I remember hearing him say not that long ago that he was looking forward to not doing anything and just fishing all day or something along those lines though.

I remember hearing him say not that long ago that he was looking forward to not doing anything and just fishing all day or something along those lines though.

Yeah he definitely said that. But he also has a passion for the game and the club. Fishing and doing nothing he can do for the rest of his life.

At the end of the day it is up to him. If he gets to the end of the season and puts his hand up and says I have had enough, then all good, but if the reason is he struggles to get up for the next week, then I think we can present him with an alternative.

What about Tyson as back up, I rate him.

Don't think he would be a back up, but if he doesn't get many offers and Bolton does call it quits then by all means.

I would definitely.

IMO the best in the league!

liked his handling, was very comfortable dealing with set pieces, good in the air, wasn't fumbling, played well out from the back and seemed pretty confident.

Only criticism was that maybe he didn't come out as quickly as he could have, but i guess it will be determined once we see him play more.

So far so good though, he can only get better with game time

Edited by heart_fan10

ok but they don't take up a visa spot on our roster.

Depends on the circumstance.

Example would be Rojas counts as a visa player for Melbourne Victory, while Smeltz due to Australian Residency status does not count for Perth Glory.

Also If wikipedia is anything to go by Moss has Australian Residency.

Edited by Hammerhead

ok but they don't take up a visa spot on our roster.

Yes they do, because technically they are on a visa, thats what I meant by my post. Whereas Smeltz doesnt count as he is on perm residence as per Hammerhead's post.

Anyway, with the rules next season, wouldnt surprise me if the rules were changed to match the AFC definition of foreigner since it seems standardising with ACL foreigner restrictions is the whole point of this change. Not sure what will happen to permanent residency players then.

All 10 clubs wrote to the FFA earlier this year imploring them not to change the 'foreigner' rules at this time, who knows if they'll listen or not?

Bozza, all clubs were advised not to contract more than four Visa players for next season. Scott Munn stated same on his HeartCast interview, and this was in the context of questions to him on the proposed introdution of the '3+1' rule.

Can't remember the edition of HeartCast, but you would know which it was, and it was at close to the 11-minute mark of the broadcast. Suggest you have a listen, as it is quite clear.