Melbourne Football

Let' sign Carlos Hernandez!

Kiro Kompiro

Looks like he's gone from Victory.

Putting it out there: I think we should consider him.

Fred's great when fit but thats not often enough these days. When Fred is fit, a midfield of Fred, Hernandez and Germano would be as good as any going around and better than most if not all.

Yes, I know, another MV "cast off".

Looks like he's gone from Victory.

Putting it out there: I think we should consider him.

Fred's great when fit but thats not often enough these days. When Fred is fit, a midfield of Fred, Hernandez and Germano would be as good as any going around and better than most if not all.

Yes, I know, another MV "cast off".

No more victory players

For all the changes mooted at Victory they emphatically spanked a side that we could only draw with a week earlier. Three superb goals, and there were plenty more there for the taking. I don't particularly want Hernandez, or any other MV player for that matter, but we are crying out for the sort of pace and firepower on show last night. And we signed Maycon and Williams?

Yeah JW, I understand what you are saying. Obviously one of our greatest weaknesses is that deadly finishing, but in saying all that, the Victory are a poor, poor team. You can't take the fact we only drew with Wellington and they one three nil as a sign other than anything else.

We should have one by a fair bit last week against the Pheonix. We played some delightful football, stuff the Victory are not capable of. Hence why we are in with a chance for finals and they, are not.

But agree with you, an area we definitely need to improve in. No to Hernandez, but there are plenty of attacking talent out in this world of ours.

Been discussed before in transfers, but if I left anyone in any doubt I am a BIG no to Hernandez. He is just too lazy. Modern football needs 11 attackers and 11 defenders, not an attacking midfielder who acts like he is a high striker when the opposition has the ball. Pity the guy has that attitude, he could have played top league football in Europe if he was prepared to put in.

Anyway, what I'm really concerned about is how many people will be laid off at KFC when he leaves town.

I would definantly take Hernandez, everyone says he is to slow, but he is easily the best player in the league.

Some of his skills are amazing, and you see him scoring brilliant goals week in week out, could see him doing that for us.

Do we not want want a creative midfielder, 30 years old, not injury prone, a Johnny Warren medallist, best player the A-League has seen, one of only a couple of A-League players in history that can win a game off his own boot, for about 300k on one season contract, just because he plays for our rivals and needs to shed 5 kilo's and doesn't chase as much?

World football is full of star players moving cross-town. Should not even be a factor.

His weight? Make it opart of his contract that he needs to maintain a certain level of fitness.

Doesn't chase? H e had it too good under the Merrick. He now knows otherwise. Besides, stick two DM's (which in reality is what we do anyway) behind him and it doesn't matter.

Or do people think its better that we build out entire team around a 33 year old attacking midfielder who is fit for 50% of the games he plays, playing longball from the keeper because we have a midfield that can't string two passes together like yesterday?

Do we not want want a creative midfielder, 30 years old, not injury prone, a Johnny Warren medallist, best player the A-League has seen, one of only a couple of A-League players in history that can win a game off his own boot, for about 300k on one season contract, just because he plays for our rivals and needs to shed 5 kilo's and doesn't chase as much?

Yes.

• Like 1

No.

How are we even discussing this?

As unrealistic that it is he will come to Heart - I'd fucking love seeing him in red and white stripes.

1. Best player in the league on his day.

2. Close friends with Alex Terra

3. Apparent ripper bloke and family man, strong fan engagement skills

4. Acknowlegdes and appreciates the supporters

5. Excitement machine

I'd take him in a heart beat Kiro. At the moment I think his actually looking the fittest I've ever seen him, his a class or three above anyone else we have in the squad and his settled in Melbourne. The 3+1 rule ruins the possibility though imo as for all his benefits his not the potential crowd puller that the club is really going to have to gamble on next season. It's a pity as he is a gun and proven performer and of course the chosen one we go with could always be the next Ricardinho, that's the punt the club have to take though.

Edited by downbylaw

Didn't those dumb cunts at Vucktree pay something like 1 million dollars for him a few years ago and our now letting him leave their club for free???

What a collosal fuck up. You can't make this shit up ffs.

Edited by FB.

Just stop. No more Victory players, it's ridiculous. Fair enough with signing players like Mate and Aziz, but one of the clubs biggest ever names, would you want Archie Thompson or Kevin Muscat?

We don't want this "Victory rejects" tag.

There was a guy by the name of Alfredo Di Stefano. Went from Barca to Real. Do you think Real's fans gave a shit?

Hernandez is a known quantity in the A-League. This is the biggest plus he has over bringing in another foreigner. Put him on a contract that deducts a % of his wage for every kilo above a target weight if thats our concern.

There was a guy by the name of Alfredo Di Stefano. Went from Barca to Real. Do you think Real's fans gave a shit?

Hernandez is a known quantity in the A-League. This is the biggest plus he has over bringing in another foreigner. Put him on a contract that deducts a % of his wage for every kilo above a target weight if thats our concern.

rofl totally different situation....

rofl totally different situation....

Really? biggest rivalry in Spain, best player in that league changing sides.

Mate its not just this example, its happened all over the world and only adds to the fan rivalry and not detracts from it.

Anyway seems too many here are more worried about crying:"We're not Victory, we're not Victory...".

The reality is that the club will be totally irresponsible if it doesn't look for a back-up for Fred next season. The guy played injured yesterday, never got into a full stride and never went full on in a challenge. He is on the wrong side of thirty, not getting any younger and will quite possibly not even see out the next season. Where will that leave us?

Really? biggest rivalry in Spain, best player in that league changing sides.

Mate its not just this example, its happened all over the world and only adds to the fan rivalry and not detracts from it.

Anyway seems too many here are more worried about crying:"We're not Victory, we're not Victory...".

The reality is that the club will be totally irresponsible if it doesn't look for a back-up for Fred next season. The guy played injured yesterday, never got into a full stride and never went full on in a challenge. He is on the wrong side of thirty, not getting any younger and will quite possibly not even see out the next season. Where will that leave us?

a) Di Stefano was world class

B) Di Stefano didn't make a single competitive appearance for Barcelona, Madrid hijacked the deal.

c) He was not the best player in the league at that tims, he was in Colomia prior the Barcelona/Madrid free for all.

Poor comparison.

We have enough ex-Victory players as it is, another one would be fucking ridiculous.

a) Di Stefano was world class

B) Di Stefano didn't make a single competitive appearance for Barcelona, Madrid hijacked the deal.

c) He was not the best player in the league at that tims, he was in Colomia prior the Barcelona/Madrid free for all.

Poor comparison.

Yes I know all that. Given all the "We're not Victory waah waah waah.." Di Stefano's case is an example of a great player changing allegiances. For our league, Hernandez is as good as there's been.

We have enough ex-Victory players as it is, another one would be fucking ridiculous.

yeah i get that. Lets fumble along with Fred, and toss a coin each week if he plays, or take a risk on another overseas journeyman, has been or never was. Sounds like a plan.

Why would we go and get hernandez when he is on the decline when we could go out and find a hernandez like player who is in his peak whilst playing for us as hernandez did for victory, i agree we need back up for for Fred just hernandez is not the right guy

• Like 1